South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

ECM, UKV, HIRLAM, EWN-WRF all say no for the coast, tomorrow.

I'm already looking forward to this weather pattern disappearing.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

I've just heard it too, Mike, no rain yet, although showing well on radar.

Big boom to my SW. Fair chance that was a positive CG. Detector suggests Shaftesbury way.

Just had 2 rumbles of thunder to the east of me looks like it might just miss us . Brilliant sun shine one side dark clouds the other

I've picked up 15 strikes from  that lots West of Blandford. The lightning detector is working well since I moved it.

• Like 1

I can see a clear line forming already on the radar, storms forming south of Wells and North of Salisbury  moving in a slight North  easterly direction. If it carries on like that  (whitch it will) Weston will again miss out. 

Really just clinging on to the update Ben posted earlier from convective outlook 

Still rumbling, but more distant and to NE, some rain but light and patchy.

23 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I can see a clear line forming already on the radar, storms forming south of Wells and North of Salisbury  moving in a slight North  easterly direction. If it carries on like that  (whitch it will) Weston will again miss out. 

Really just clinging on to the update Ben posted earlier from convective outlook 

Cell north of Wells formed within the last 3 radar frames, possibly on track for you? Not electrified yet mind.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

Cell north of Wells formed within the last 3 radar frames, possibly on track for you? Not electrified yet mind.

Yep,  heading ever so slightly south of me,  might just catch the Northern edge.

Radar looks promising though. 

So many days with storms breaking out, still waiting for one to hit here lol

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smartie said:

So many days with storms breaking out, still waiting for one to hit here lol

Most of North Somerset, Bristol & BANES is missing out.  That hole apparently again in today’s radar, although things are definitely developing more widely now, so fingers crossed still.

Really beefy cell has rapidly developed just to the SW of Bristol.  No sferics from it yet, but some intense colours on the radar.  Can see it from my location, in the distance.

Very angry looking cell on the radar west of Taunton. Seems to have been the case yesterday, just away from it they seem to be firing up, could this be elevation based?

1st couple of distant rumbles of thunder here but radar suggests precip is breaking up as it comes over the hills

Died out as it got closer, not even any rain. The cell near Bristol is looking good though 

Edited by SteveB

Just heard a distant rumble from the cell over Bath way.  Hopefully, unlike yesterday, it can get a bit closer to me today.

• Like 1

Several long rumbles from the Plain and it maybe firing off an outflow daughter cell that might get Warminster.

4 minutes ago, Karl83 said:

Bristol about to get thumped? Hope so

Not as many strikes being detected from cells across the region today.  Maybe more a “thunder only” cell but either way, something of interest IMBY at last!

Edited by AWD