Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
9 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

There was a horrendous hour near Sidmouth around 01.00 . I need to review the radar later as it sounded awesome wind and rain wise.

The area of rain that passed over Sidmouth was small compared to this one from last night, look at this from 12:45 last night

image.thumb.png.6dec1159b425ba239068acca01b670b7.png 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 hour ago, jtay said:

Absolutely smashing it down.

That must've missed me then, only had a few drops.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
9 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

There was a horrendous hour near Sidmouth around 01.00 . I need to review the radar later as it sounded awesome wind and rain wise.

Yeah it seems it was a very active hour or so!

Have to say the wind woke my son up around 12.30, Kingsbridge wasn't that bad but I can remember hearing stuff clattering around outside before he shouted for me. I wasn't all that alert

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry all day here but stayed cloudy. Reached 20.4°C, currently 18.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Brief shower about 15 minutes ago. 16.2°C after a high of 19.7°C today

Posted
4 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

The area of rain that passed over Sidmouth was small compared to this one from last night, look at this from 12:45 last night

image.thumb.png.6dec1159b425ba239068acca01b670b7.png 

Was thinking this year we'd get another Ottery Hailstorm. Not ruling it out yet..

Posted

Morning All,still some breeze around and showers to our north, but down here on the coast it's dry and 19.6°C after an overnight low of 15.9°C at: 05:59..the beach this morning shows the choppy seas with a few people out with boards, but the surf isn't that great..

image.thumb.png.dde172d689f54ec4e1349058bde0d718.png

A few more people prepared to give it a go @ Boscombe

image.thumb.png.dcbee5d4d809e6e630889fd0b7088d37.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I know it is the rear end of August but winter is coming I  just seen a small advanced gaggle of Geese about a dozen of so in the Playing fields of HMS Sultan here in Gosport. i don't know   if they are locals or migrants that we normally get around the end of September or October time. will keep an eye open to see if this really is the start.

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted

Sunny start but turned cloudier through the morning, shower going through now. The low was 13.8°C, it’s currently 18.1°C

Posted

Reminds me it would’ve been the Bournemouth air festival today. That’s a shame.

Posted
17 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

That must've missed me then, only had a few drops.

Yeah, we were walking back from Downton and got a bit wet. Then 10 mins after getting home, it went nuts.

Highcliffe to Mudeford earlier. Brief shower at 9ish. Now in Fawley where it's bright and windy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Missed all the showers again so it’s just been dry with sunny spells and quite windy.  19.1°C

Posted
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Missed all the showers again so it’s just been dry with sunny spells and quite windy.  19.1°C

Pretty much the same here, although at one stage we had about 35 drops of rain but that quickly passed, a peak of 21.2°C at: 14:11...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

A high of 19.7°C here.

Currently 15.6°C

Posted

Dry all day with sunny spells and windy. Reached 20.2°C, currently 16.7°C

Posted

Bit of a catchup for Friday.
The forecasts had us down for 39-42mph wind gusts during the day.
We were well short of that. At its peak, 18-22mph winds and plenty of gusts 28-30mph with a handful 32-34mph

Yesterday turned out be a sunny afternoon after a light cloudy start and a little light drizzle mid morning.
Max of 20.4c at 4pm
SW wind was 15-19mph with 20mph gust through the day and a handful hitting 28-31mph.

17c at midnight and a low of 16.5c at 5am 
Cloudy start, 17c, wind is Westerly, 15mph, 1016.8 hPa.

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of 15.2°C at: 01:36, under cloudy skies we are struggling to move the temperature upwards, currently 17.9°C 

The view out over the channel shows a very empty beach, considering we are in the run up to bank holiday, a couple of paddle boarders making the most of the little surf there is, whilst the surfers, just sit hoping for something better..

image.thumb.png.d7109d7ae2f9b52f9859deb903c9c530.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloudy, still beeezy and showery rain. 16C. Grim.

Posted

So which idiot ordered this line of rain today then? Not even sunshine and showers more a streamer that has kept changing direction for hours on end but decides to turn up here at the worst possible time!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

So which idiot ordered this line of rain today then? Not even sunshine and showers more a streamer that has kept changing direction for hours on end but decides to turn up here at the worst possible time!

And at the end of the line is the Rose Bowl, just as we have Pakistan on the ropes.  They're on now though and hopefully it's sinking South.

Cloudy and dull here.

Posted

Familiar story of missing all the showers leaving a dry and breezy day with sunny spells so far. 20.6°C