Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

At least the overcast day and the lower temperatures has given me time to get all the fans at the windows blowing the cooler air around the house...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, snow,

A poor end to the heatwave here with a forgettable day of constant murk interspersed with heavy showers. One with a couple of rumbles, but that was it storm wise

34.3C a couple a days ago...what a difference!

281607563_purtonweather2020-08-14.thumb.jpg.8c07e12c902ad362d394b9ed1a4263ac.jpg

Incredibly low temperature range as a result....at least a decent amount of rain for the garden.

Weekend doesn't seem to offer much hope for improvement either.... whatever your preference!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy all day with a few light showers around lunchtime. Reached 20.7°C, currently 19.3°C

Posted

15.1 mm of rain from yesterday evening and overnight, which is very helpful. Today was much cooler again with a max of 19.5°C and generally murky but mostly dry, still rather humid. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It hasn't gone above 20C here today. Does that make this... a cool spell? 

Posted

Days with Yellow warnings for storms 5, actual storms experienced 0. I’m going for the full set of 8. Just three more to go.

P.S Wasn’t expecting a storm everyday, such is the nature of t-storms but to have not seen a single one this week after temps of 30c at times here in East Dorset these past sevens days is quite a bust by anyone’s standards. Mapantz’s SOR really does work down here.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, bathweatherwatcher said:

Days with Yellow warnings for storms 5, actual storms experienced 0. I’m going for the full set of 8. Just three more to go.

P.S Wasn’t expecting a storm everyday, such is the nature of t-storms but to have not seen a single one this week after temps of 30c at times here in East Dorset these past sevens days is quite a bust by anyone’s standards. Mapantz’s SOR really does work down here.

Yep, same in Poole. One heavy shower a rumble of thunder and that was it a total non event here

Posted

Concur with both of you, hate to keep moaning but it is disappointing, much like you Bath, I didn’t expect a storm everyday but was very hopeful for at least one storm!

Mapantz’ image he put in the Convective Thread sums up the hole of activity around our areas, Image credit to him

D4918C6B-FC41-4B61-B53B-80B01A40F9F9.png

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, a misty and drizzly start to the day, and a workable 18.4°C after an overnight low of 17.8°C at: 05:31 with RH95 %, Humidex 24.2°C...the graphs this morning show almost everything flatlined overnight..

image.thumb.png.82b7eb5fdcf1a9667effe1d699086533.png

The beach this morning shows nobody pitching for a spot a few folks doing the "look I'm on the beach shots...." meanwhile the mist over the channel blocks the view out across to the Purbeck Hills..

image.thumb.png.434e18c3b6bd7425aea62b59e261e526.png

Posted

Late report, but we did get a fairly strong storm a few miles away on Thursday which 60-70mm of rain in a few villages (e.g. Feniton), with surface water flooding. It was constant rumbling from here.. but annoyingly, I missed most of it! Drove back through some torrential rain as it started to weaken, got home to hear the last 6 rumbles or so. Only about 1mm here, after the thunder had stopped. So still not really got my storm fix.

Since then, it feels like the weather has died. Dull, dingy, hazy and still. Especially yesterday evening and so far today. High minima though, 18.8C yesterday and 17.6C today.

As the chances of any further storm action here appear to be waning, I'd be glad of some Atlantic air to clear this out tbh.

• Like 1

Posted

Dull, gloomy and quite cold at only 16C. What on Earth happened. It’s a real Augtober day and the lights are on inside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull with drizzle at times so far and feeling cool despite still being quite humid. 18.7°C

Posted

The drizzles turned into heavier rain now. 18.9°C

Posted

Very gloomy today with little change in the weather. 17.5°C, 94%RH, Dew P 16.5°C

edit now its heavy drizzle!

Edited by TomW

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
2 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

The dull gloom has remained all day but with the addition of intermittent drizzle/light rain registering 0.8mm. Max 19.8C Min 17.6C

image.thumb.png.d99ccfb6cc9f33e6c4cab67fd726c724.png

Thanks Met Office auto forecast I needed a good laugh today 

Likewise here Evening thunder!  It's done nothing more than light drizzle all day, only a few drops have penetrated the gauge.  Temperature overnight was 18.1°C, got up to the dizzy heights of 18.6°C this afternoon.

150820.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Worse than expected with drizzle almost all day with the odd heavier burst at times. Reached 19.2°C, currently 18.4°C

Posted

So day 6 of 8 warnings for t-storms have come and gone and I’m just 2 days a way from a perfect 8 of 8 warnings and no storms. You just know some little tiddler of a storm is going to show up with a solitary flash and bang to spoil it either tomorrow or Monday.

Been miserable weather down here on the coast. Storm clag without having actually had a storm.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

The dull gloom has remained all day but with the addition of intermittent drizzle/light rain registering 0.8mm. Max 19.8C Min 17.6C

image.thumb.png.d99ccfb6cc9f33e6c4cab67fd726c724.png

Thanks Met Office auto forecast I needed a good laugh today 

Oh that Thursday night for us. 70% Thunderstorm 11pm-1am it said. The radar and lightning chart in the lead up to 11pm we’re showing something completely different and you can guess what actually happened...absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

The Humid air is circulating round the low pressure the BBC weather and humidity up in Warminster as my weather app on my phone says 90% humidity wich is high. 

Edited by Tom dewey likes thunder

Posted

Another day, another dull gloomy start. A bit more rain earlier on too.

Gawd we need a dry sunny spell after this!

Posted

Not often you see Bournemouth beach on a weekend in August looking like this..

image.thumb.png.fed234601b742e7f5f5675c4f181ccea.png

Mind you I suppose the fact its raining might explain some of the reasoning...

A view out over the Sandbanks ferry shows the low cloud over us with the sky broken to the west

image.thumb.png.ad2c4436aae7d331c6fa3bac27e3766d.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

For the first time in a while it’s been a wet day so far, not counting yesterday’s drizzle, with heavy rain at times. 18.1°C

Posted

Stopped raining now and blue sky appearing to the south. 19.6°C