Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Earlier I was watching that storm over Reading coming Westwards and expanding and thought great could get a big storm out of that but instead it's just dropping moderate rain . 

Set up a temporary campaign outside in order to use the cameras rather than through glass but instead it hasn't intensified any further but looks quite heavy over Clayhill and Longley area so I'm assuming Warminster which is even further down is getting a good downpour . 

I am just on the very northern edge of that blob!! 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Tom dewey likes thunder said:

When I was watching BBC Points weather Ian Ferguson said mid level cloud overnight he said in places across south and west and  it going be 18 degrees and he said cool down a bit that will cause it to thunder tonight places tonight and We are in between a front trough as well on the low pressure and high pressure to the North UK and it is going to be murky and humid the rest of the night

Yes that was a useful explanation from Ian regards the potential for storms later on hence what the UKV is showing.

Posted

Much more bearable day today, although rather muggy with a max of 25.9 °C. Mostly dry until just before 4 when we had a fairly brief but sharp thunderstorm. Now we are under the area of moderate to heavy rain, which is perfect intensity for soaking the parched gardens. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
15 minutes ago, bathweatherwatcher said:

Yes that was a useful explanation from Ian regards the potential for storms later on hence what the UKV is showing.

Unfortunately, the UKV ditched that idea. It shows nothing tonight, barring a few bits & pieces over Bristol and down to the far SW.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Unfortunately, the UKV ditched that idea. It shows nothing tonight, barring a few bits & pieces over Bristol and down to the far SW.

That sounds about right,everything was looking so promising 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, camturbo said:

That sounds about right,everything was looking so promising 

Don't rule anything out elsewhere, I was talking mainly about my locale. Bits & pieces may still develop, but I think it's a done deal here.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Don't rule anything out elsewhere, I was talking mainly about my locale. Bits & pieces may still develop, but I think it's a done deal here.

Well I'm still hoping in martock but like you think its game over.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Same in my locale. Everything goes slightly north or runs out of steam 

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes it’s hard to see where anything of significance is going to come from or suddenly appear in the next few hours. All very quiet out there. Almost ready to call another bust. The isle of Purbeck really does have its own weather system!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still dry 

20.9°C

Posted

There are loads now to our east in Hampshire popping up widely . If they can make it across without weakening could be exciting .  They look potent 

Posted

The storms developing over N Hampshire and into Wiltshire are mid level based storms or elevated, so are using the mid levels as their heat/energy source. So these could last quite some time and others could pop up almost anywhere.

Calm and still here on the South Coast, managed to miss every storm by around 10 miles today, so the humidity is clinging on.

Now 20.2°C with a slight breeze from the NW at 2mph. DP 17.7°C RH 84%. 

Posted
49 minutes ago, Dean E said:

The storms developing over N Hampshire and into Wiltshire are mid level based storms or elevated, so are using the mid levels as their heat/energy source. So these could last quite some time and others could pop up almost anywhere.

Calm and still here on the South Coast, managed to miss every storm by around 10 miles today, so the humidity is clinging on.

Now 20.2°C with a slight breeze from the NW at 2mph. DP 17.7°C RH 84%. 

Thanks Dean 

im sat out back looking from Frome to Warminster , Cley Hill Longleat direction . 

So far the path of movement is perfect in order to hopefully get some decent shots .  Don't want directly overhead if poss. 

Would you know if it's possible to get some CG out of this ? 

• Like 1

Posted

The person on here who lives at Westbury and the three on here at Warminster should get some good displays over there shortly . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Wonder how far that "finger" of storms over Reading way will get down the M4.  Currently touching Didcot now, slowly but slowly heading west down the M4.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Who's looking forward to a few days of cloudy/overcast weather?

I'd rather have today where I missed out on everything than that :lazy: 

Posted
34 minutes ago, offerman said:

Thanks Dean 

im sat out back looking from Frome to Warminster , Cley Hill Longleat direction . 

So far the path of movement is perfect in order to hopefully get some decent shots .  Don't want directly overhead if poss. 

Would you know if it's possible to get some CG out of this ? 

Its possible, but with elevated storms CC is more prominent. They are also the best to photograph, in my opinion!  

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
51 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Who's looking forward to a few days of cloudy/overcast weather?

Already had enough of those in this ‘heatwave’. I’m looking forward to a run of sunny days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
1 hour ago, AWD said:

Wonder how far that "finger" of storms over Reading way will get down the M4.  Currently touching Didcot now, slowly but slowly heading west down the M4.

Not too far away from you now, too far north to hit here though sadly. 

Posted
On 12/08/2020 at 23:19, Bristle boy said:

Moderate rain falling; no thunder here but a few sheet lightning episodes in last 10 mins. A bit like watching a heavily promoted new tv drama series, but it is already episode 3, and it is yet to really grasp your attention.

Torrential rain and a few flashes / bangs.