Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Wind has picked up here in last 5 minutes....you can almost smell the rain in the air....currently just skirting us to the North..

IMG_20200812_183017.jpg

Posted
23 minutes ago, AWD said:

Would certainly tie in with the recently issued amber weather warning from the Met Office.

Hopefully you are right although I won't be holding my breath.  At least various parts of our region have further chances in the coming days.

Looks like it's expanding to its south side over the last couple of frames on the satellite and precip radars

Posted
38 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Temperature is rapidly dropping here now the wind has swung around the SW.

1601194264_TemperatureDay(1).thumb.png.8683777e79a9a580be9d458a52c5cf2c.png

Down the road from you at Lulworth and yes it’s starting to feel a little fresher.

Looking at what’s starting to cross the channel, knowing it may look like eye candy now but probably won’t be by the time it reaches our shores. 

Probably would have preferred to have been back home in Wiltshire this evening as an increasing chance of seeing something there. Let’s hope we do see something on the coast this evening/night. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Showers breaking out south west of the main band, could this be what will come to Bristol and Somerset?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
10 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Looks like it's expanding to its south side over the last couple of frames on the satellite and precip radars

Just observing towers building to my NE now, getting closer.  Need that to continue back building more towards the SE to allow for the WNW flow.

Might just scrape something here after all if it can exponentially develop.

Posted

Wind has picked up suddenly.  Has gone very eiry and dark outside.  Cells forming around Yate area visible to my north.  Further cells forming over Wiltshire could be of interest to me later.  Nothing electrical south of Gloucester as of yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I'm surprised how much cooler it's been here this afternoon and evening than just a few miles inland has bee. Most of the afternoon was around 24-25°C and now it's 23.5°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Looking very dark towards South Hams. Hoping that the line of showers electrifies inland like Monday.

Posted
56 minutes ago, AWD said:

Cells over Swindon area heading NW into Gloucs, easily missing my location.

Shame, hopefully tomorrow will fair better for areas of our region yet to see any convective weather from this spell.

Yes, looking to my NE from BS34, i can see the heavy stuff heading that way. It has clouded over here, but, for now at least, we seem to be on outer edge.

As i'm typing this i can hear distant thunder

Posted
2 minutes ago, kumquat said:

First clap of thunder heard and looks like a hail core in Wooton-Under-Edge cell.

Been listening to pretty much non stop thunder for last 20 minutes, most likely from that cell

Super crazy hot today and this evening near Weston, currently sat at 30c outside in shade and 29c in the house!

see the explosion of clouds to the east from here,  seems we might be in one of the few areas of the south still clear at this point!

BF0B4989-EFDC-4F17-8D6F-0ED29C4537B3.jpeg

6DBAFE56-A939-45BF-B0DB-33DAD9162892.jpeg

44FBBC1B-FBB8-41F6-B2D8-26834B774F17.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Fingers crossed for some storms later?

Hopefullyheading our way?

D82DDCFD-26AA-4ADB-A2E7-544F5E9035D5.jpeg

Posted

That cell that developed over Yate way has rapidly developed into quite a potent little storm over Thornbury way now.  

All eyes further south and east for my location.  Plenty of cells developing over Wiltshire way currently, although nothing electrical yet.

Posted
2 minutes ago, AWD said:

That cell that developed over Yate way has rapidly developed into quite a potent little storm over Thornbury way now.  

All eyes further south and east for my location.  Plenty of cells developing over Wiltshire way currently, although nothing electrical yet.

I'm sat in Le Jardin at Chez BB, in Stoke Gifford, and i can hear that cell you mentioned; still seems to be skirting this locale.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

I'm sat in Le Jardin at Chez BB, in Stoke Gifford, and i can hear that cell you mentioned; still seems to be skirting this locale.

Got about 10 minutes of fat raindrops from it here in Winterbourne - looks very potent North of here heading into Chepstow/Forest of Dean area.

Has cooled it down by a couple of degrees so that's nice

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Am nearly closed in on all sides and that cell is to my South....thunder seems to have died down although still audible in the distance

Posted

Screenshot_2020-08-12-19-36-22-85.thumb.jpg.a9e2b297e4d6cbcd628b105cedcf72b3.jpg

Look at how quickly that cell over Thornbury way has developed.  Some big returns on the radar there.

My interest lies with the line of developing cells over Wiltshire, down to Warminster.  See if these can develop into anything over the next hour or two.

• Like 1