Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

High of 31.8°c yesterday. High of the year. Was June 25th. 32°c. 

Edited by mike5900

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
21 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Not looking good for storms here.

viewimage-8.thumb.png.6645322ad17a95eb851906e49e0c9271.png viewimage-9.thumb.png.a6a1575234aafd1ea75cf1b706847cc3.png

One man's garbage is another man's treasure. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another lovely morning having breakfast outside early on. A tad warmer than this time yesterday but I think it’ll be a tall order to beat June’s maximum.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

BS34 - 27c already at 10.20am; it's like being in the Med

Looks like Bristol had a tropical night last night. Not much below 21C. 

Dipped slightly below here to 19.3C but already up to 26C.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Looks like Bristol had a tropical night last night. Not much below 21C. 

Dipped slightly below here to 19.3C but already up to 26C.

Sure did. Too damned hot for me. My tolerance level to heat, over 25c, has waned in recent years, but the irony is i dont mind it when on hols abroad! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Sure did. Too damned hot for me. My tolerance level to heat, over 25c, has waned in recent years, but the irony is i dont mind it when on hols abroad! 

Understandable. I also can’t remember many holidays or trips abroad that have felt as humid as recently. Only Miami and Rio de Janeiro which is unsurprising.

Posted
30 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Another lovely morning having breakfast outside early on. A tad warmer than this time yesterday but I think it’ll be a tall order to beat June’s maximum.

I agree 32.1 to beat is still June 25th but yesterday was 2nd warmest here at 31.3!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure, snow + alll extremes of weather

As others have said. Temps have taken off like a rocket here in Bristol this morning.

Currently 29.6 

I think we’ll go degree higher than yesterday’s temp of 31.

Edited by Craig84
  • Like 1

Posted

Am I stupid for wanting to go to the beach with the kids later this afternoon? Thinking of leaving here 3pmish and spend a couple of hours in the sea so we aren't fighting for a beach spot. But if the storms are going to roll in it would be pointless. Only after a couple of hours. Thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Am I stupid for wanting to go to the beach with the kids later this afternoon? Thinking of leaving here 3pmish and spend a couple of hours in the sea so we aren't fighting for a beach spot. But if the storms are going to roll in it would be pointless. Only after a couple of hours. Thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea, to me, Beka... If it's 30C, who cares whether it's raining, or not?:oldgrin:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Already warmer than yesterday reaching 29.°C although it's dropping at the moment. Currently 29.3°C

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

Sounds like a great idea, to me, Beka... If it's 30C, who cares whether it's raining, or not?:oldgrin:

True that!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
6 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Not to complete rule it out of course but it does look like most of the showers/storms during the day will be inland rather than on the coast. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

True that!!

Kinda reminds me of when I was at Newquay (the Welsh one) back in 1980: at the first drop of rain (temp in the mid-twenties!) the chavs raced out of the sea, as if there were no tomorrow... I never did see the shark!:oldgrin:

Posted

Reached 30°C here just now, which is an hour earlier than yesterday. RH and Dew points following that rise, so feeling very muggy. 

Just taken a look at the models in regards to any storm developments and around here there is a cap present, once again, at around 29,000ft. Which is forecast to break once temperatures hit 31 or 32°C this afternoon. So possible storm developments to look forward too, if everything else comes into play.

Currently 30.2°C, winds E at 3mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

I don’t know how to quote a post from another thread - check out Brickfielder’s post on page 133 of the Storm and Convection thread. Of special interest to those in the north of our region! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Kinda reminds me of when I was at Newquay (the Welsh one) back in 1980: at the first drop of rain (temp in the mid-twenties!) the chavs raced out of the sea, as if there were no tomorrow... I never did see the shark!:oldgrin:

And it is worth pointing out that one's skin is waterproof. Always makes me laugh when on a beach and it starts raining and people wrap a towel around themselves. The shower stops a few mins later and they have a soaking wet, heavy towel, whilst those who didnt do that have wet skin for just a few mins.

• Like 2

Posted

30c before midday in Warminster too, didn’t drop below 19.1c last night so I will have to check back to see when that last happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Including today, I have 6 consecutive days of yellow advisories from the Met Office for thunderstorms.

Screenshot_2020-08-12-12-07-08-94.thumb.jpg.7fd34f00999e9f2f0dfcb0383b2f9c42.jpg

I know a yellow advisory denotes only a small risk or possibility of the weather event happening but even so, is it really necessary to put one out already for Sunday/Monday when, as we all know, forecasting convective weather is a difficult task at just 24 hours out, let alone 5 days out.

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

This is what Daniel said last night LOL! He wants a swim in the sea in the thunder but dunno what me and the kids would do LOL!

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Reached 30°C here just now, which is an hour earlier than yesterday. RH and Dew points following that rise, so feeling very muggy. 

Just taken a look at the models in regards to any storm developments and around here there is a cap present, once again, at around 29,000ft. Which is forecast to break once temperatures hit 31 or 32°C this afternoon. So possible storm developments to look forward too, if everything else comes into play.

Currently 30.2°C, winds E at 3mph.

Just popped 32.7c here

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

The weather really feels like Florida here. Hopefully there will be some exciting t-storms later too! It didn't even get below 20c last night.