Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Still 23.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Highest max since 10th Aug 2003 here, was 33.6*C that day, 33.4*C today.

Still nearly 24*C as I type this, with no wind. The stillness makes it feel all the more strange out there. RH creeping up toward the 60s %.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Lightning is constant to my north east between Gloucester and Worcester which explains why it is quite feint, I tried to capture it on my phone but its too feint for it to pick up the flashes. 

Our village facebook page is also full of people talking about it alog with the Perseid shower which is at its peak tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
12 hours ago, jtay said:

Whereabouts are you staying?

Croyde Bay, North Devon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I.managed to capture this rather grainy photo

20200811_225524-01.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

30.5C the maximum for here today so a little up on Saturday's maximum. Surprisingly pleasant out there tonight too, not that oppressive. Perhaps some fireworks for our region tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I don't think I can remember such a hot period of weather that didn't produce some storms here. Looking at the charts, there's practically no surface based CAPE or Lift in the forecast, only MLCAPE, and that's nothing to shout about. This whole period of thunder risk is classed as 'Isolated' 

I find it highly unusual. Zero rainfall as well! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

23.3°C RH 67%...

Posted
42 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I don't think I can remember such a hot period of weather that didn't produce some storms here. Looking at the charts, there's practically no surface based CAPE or Lift in the forecast, only MLCAPE, and that's nothing to shout about. This whole period of thunder risk is classed as 'Isolated' 

I find it highly unusual. Zero rainfall as well! 

Yeah, it really is surprising! With at least 2 days of excess heat, we tend to get at least an import, but nothing at the moment! As a kid, the 90s were my favourite time for storms. every summer there were at least a few nights with long lasting storms!

Tomorrow evening onwards look more promising for the south, though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still very warm here. 22.1°C

Posted

What’s making it so warm tonight! Still 22.1°C

Posted

Good morning, didn’t drop below 20°C until 04:25, falling quicker since then, it’s currently 17.9°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Absolute carnage unfolding in parts of Scotland right now with storms, torrential rain & severe flooding going all night long & still continuing as we speak, I wonder what mother nature will have in store for our region from later on today! 

Posted

The low was 17.9°C, rising now at 19.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Very warm night...?...really hope we all get to see some spectacular storms over the next couple of days.....proper humdingers.....?⚡and a nice cooldown of cooler evenings.Bring it on

Posted

Is today our chance of some storms, watched from a distance for two nights in a row now some lovely storms, especially last night, where I could watch 3 storms firing away.

Beeb suggest it will be a South West affair so fingers crossed.

Posted

Morning All, some early posts today, a sign of the expectations? So an overnight low of 18.4°C at: 06:05, has beat a hasty retreat as the temperatures start their daily climb, currently 20.0°C with RH84 %, Humidex 25.4°C.. Looking around the area, first off the sea temperature is now 19.1 °C, the beach this morning has an interesting array or folks. We have a rubbish picker, a guy with a metal detector, a family with the kids already in the sea, and what looks like some beach overnight sleepers..

image.thumb.png.fbd3cfd560fdecc25c7bf26670ef12cf.png

A wider view on the satellite this morning, shows the storms to Eastern Scotland, but more importantly for us, look south things beginning to form over northern & southern France/eastern Biscay

image.thumb.png.dade82f11528e391a69706ef72a36597.png

With the early lightning maps

image.thumb.png.9a201c832020689bb456a4dff196b15a.png

Batteries on charge in the GoPro, maybe just maybe might just get used in this heat event...finally..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

Metoffice weather forecast for Southwest Today:
A few thunderstorms are possible during the morning, though conditions will be mostly hot and sunny once more. During the afternoon more widespread storms are likely to develop, especially towards Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. Maximum temperature 32 °C.

Tonight:
Thunderstorms rather widespread through the evening, then more focussed across north Devon into Somerset and Wiltshire overnight. Becoming drier with clear spells elsewhere, and turning mostly dry everywhere by dawn. Minimum temperature 18 °C.

• Like 1

Posted

Rumbles down here east of Weymouth but nothing showing near here on the radar.

Nearest activity well down the Cherbourg Peninsula.

Lovely sunny start 22c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Calm air and several degrees warmer to start with than yesterday. Feels like a fine summer’s afternoon already. Makes me wonder how high today could go, if it stayed clear until at least 4 pm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Gotta say living in Glos I’m liking the forecast and various ideas on the Storm thread today! 

• Like 2

Posted

Had quite a lot of Ac Cas yesterday, with some lovely stuff at Sunset, and a mild level shower over Lyme Bay (third pic)
image.thumb.png.5557001e120c8fa138f05bccf1959cb3.pngQVijnROxepMurqTuhUPm4FYrEbEz60WrpjAdchL-image.thumb.png.991de3de693930e8ed54c8f9ef39d6b7.png

Then a brief shower came overhead about 22:40 with a flash and rumble, but it was a one flash wonder (I was looking at the laptop screen of course).

Just before that, when in the garden I thought I saw a few faint flickers to the north.. so went into the field behind and yep, faint 'atmospheric flickering' to the north every few seconds.. So I then measured the distance to the midlands storms.. about 120 miles  
I have seen lightning from far away storms but that's the furthest I've been able to detect it from (couldn't see the clouds, it was just presumably reflecting off any dust/haze etc in the atmosphere).

A low of 16.3C last night, warm for this valley with a clear night.

A record warm morning, already 25.8C, and a record early arrival of the sea breeze has recently occurred!

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
2 hours ago, Tom dewey likes thunder said:

Metoffice weather forecast for Southwest Today:
A few thunderstorms are possible during the morning, though conditions will be mostly hot and sunny once more. During the afternoon more widespread storms are likely to develop, especially towards Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. Maximum temperature 32 °C.

Tonight:
Thunderstorms rather widespread through the evening, then more focussed across north Devon into Somerset and Wiltshire overnight. Becoming drier with clear spells elsewhere, and turning mostly dry everywhere by dawn. Minimum temperature 18 °C.

I still think we are a bit to far south again today with the best chances more towards Gloucester, Worcester area moving into Wales but chasing seems to be a good option today!