Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
8 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Hi all, I'm heading down to your beautiful part of the country for a weekend break this week and was wondering what to expect weather wise?! Having come from the crazy 30c+ temps here in the Southeast, I'll be pleased of some refreshing sea breeze and maybe even a good storm! Would like some dry sunny weather too though! Meto currently showing a mix of showers/sun and a cool 21c!!! Does this sound about right?! Thank you!xx

Whereabouts are you staying?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

The overnight low was 17.0°C at: 06:42...

Hot and sunny now, up to 28.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Truly epic heatwave on the Sussex Coast, already up to 31.1c at 11:20, the week-end was one of the hottest on record for this area, with highs at 34-35c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The temperatures stalled at the moment thanks to a slight sea breeze. 28.2°C

Just noticed the dewpoint is 21°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

32c already here!!! Wowsers! 

Cant believe I can't go out to the weir as I was bitten in the ankle on Saturday , foot and ankle swelled double the size of my other leg. 

Painful to walk on but today much better than yesterday . 

Posted

Some patchy high cloud developing to the South, could again hold temperatures back as it builds. The beaches  still seem to be showing channel mist....

image.thumb.png.1c724a243c290d6eb5a4eb75757487cc.png

Currently 31.3°C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Much much better today. 28C already with sun.

Posted

Cooler nights compared to recent, with 16.9°C being the low at around 4.20am. 

Expecting much higher temperatures today, possible threatening my highest every recorded temp of 34.4°C set last year. If the sea breeze stays back for long enough.

Currently 32.4°C with light NNE winds at 3 MPH. DP 19.0°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

First stirrings of a breeze here, the sun has felt searing in the lack of wind and a temp in the low 30s since noon. Now approaching 32*C.

I see Bournemouth hasn’t yet been cooled by the sea breeze so I might have another hour or two of heating to go. Just a little cloud visible to the south - could develop further though, so an uncertainty there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Temp rising rapidly in Southampton at the moment - just hit 32.4C. The record for this weather station is 32.7C from back in June ....

WWW.SOUTHAMPTONWEATHER.CO.UK

Southampton weather Report Local Wind Rain Pressure Temperature Humidity Forecast Conditions Tide Hot Cold Snow Ice Frost

Edited by katemart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Unlike everywhere else the temperature has dropped quickly here with the onset of the sea breeze. Also turning a bit hazy. 25.8°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Foggy start here, cleared around half nine, currently 30.4°C with increasingly hazy blue sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

32.8 a new record for Southampton!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have just reached 30C. The haziness is taking the strength out of the sun though so not feeling like the bake of the June heatwave.

Posted

A lot of cloud now developing to the south and making the sun hazy at times, so I think unless that lifts we have reached and passed our peak...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Turns out the 30C temps have come this far west after all! I noticed yesterday evening the Met Office map looked promising.

Reached 30.4C here, even with a slight sea breeze. That's a new record for my station (beating 30.1C in July 2018). It's possible that's a degree or so over what an official station would record due to the garden fences etc in this wind direction, but then most of us have similar issues. The shaded alleyway was over 29C.

Dropped back to 28.2C now as the sea breeze gets more effective.

Meanwhile on the North Coast of Devon it's 18C with Sea Fog! Just over the border Bude is reading 17.4C!

Doesn't seem to have stopped the beachgoers! 
image.thumb.png.0eb7a7738a52c2dab7c96471bc752eab.png

I have a feeling they will have expected better.  Often they get higher temps than me in heatwaves due to SE winds, but this summer the south coast has often had much better weather.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hot and sunny, although I can see the high cloud / haze approaching. Reached 33.9°C at: 14:10 which is the hottest since last July. Currently 33.5°C RH 49%

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Its the hottest day of the year here with 30C+ temperatures all the way down to Plymouth. There's a station in Torquay that's reported almost 33C and another station keeps going between 29C-31C. The one reporting near 33C is next to two retail parks, a smaller trade park, offices, then another trade park and supermarket, plus a dual carriageway so there's a lot of concrete and tarmac in that area.

It's stifling and when I got home earlier I was wet through. Although its nice seeing temps like in the picture.

11 August 2020.jpg

Edited by TQWX

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
24 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Hot and sunny, although I can see the high cloud / haze approaching. Reached 33.9°C at: 14:10 which is the hottest since last July. Currently 33.5°C RH 49%

Impressive peak there, just 0.4*C shy of the highest recorded temp I’m aware of for these parts!

Still not much wind and what there is mainly come from Southampton way where it’s near 33*C, so time, perhaps, for further climbs in the next hour?

• Like 1

Posted

Reached the dizzy heights of 33.3°C, that's the 5th day of temperatures above 30°C once again. Unheard off here.

The sea breeze has rushed back in over the past hour and had quite a drop in temperature. Most welcome!

Currently 29.0°C. Winds now SE at 11 mph.

Posted

The breeze has dropped a bit which has allowed the temperature to rise a bit. 27.9°C