Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Hazy all afternoon so far and with the sea breeze it’s only 22.3°C now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
57 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Not sure what is holding the temperature back, it’s been hovering around 29.5°C~ for an hour

Intermittent sea breeze I expect. Been seeing that here for the past hour or so - hot northeasterly interchanging with fresher southerly. Temp jiggling about, jumped to 30.3*C at one point but mainly staying in the 29s like you’ve been seeing.

Sea breeze usually relaxes a bit late afternoon, will be interesting to see if the cyclonic circulation can push back and send temps up again. To be honest I’d rather it didn’t though - could do with a cooler night even if only slightly, as the sea breeze looks less effective in the modelling for tomorrow and Wednesday. Cloud amounts depending, they could top out as high as Saturday did in these parts... but with higher relative humidity .

• Like 1

Posted

...he writes before checking to the south and then the satellite imagery! Some cloud and high-based showers approaching, similar to what interfered with proceedings on Friday. Later this time, though, so less of a max temp suppressor.

Edited by Singularity
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Sun disappeared around half ten this morning, grey and overcast since, only brief glimpses of bits of blue.  Max temperature 27.6°C, but dropped to 24.1°C currently with big spots of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy No rain 24.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Heavy shower out of nowhere! 25.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

Just normal rain coming up the South and west And humid and muggy and sticky and now cloudy wich and tomorrow it is 35. C  in the south and west and I hope see a thunderstorm tomorrow or later to night as Wiltshire is the yellow weather warning for thunderstorms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I love the weather in this neck of the woods. It's currently raining, of the light drizzle variety. 

No chance of storms here....

Posted
52 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Heavy shower out of nowhere! 25.3°C

I was wondering if that was even real until I saw this - no rain at all here! Sky didn’t look like much was going on either.

Using a sensor on my bike, good bit of variation even with all the clue around now, about a 2*C temp change between the Avon valley centre and the sides.

Enjoying the cooler mid-20s and absent solar heating of the house - should be a less oppressive night ahead ??.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

So much for any storms today!! Strike 1

1 down four more potential days to go . 

Surely one of the days has to come in . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 minute ago, offerman said:

So much for any storms today!! Strike 1

1 down four more potential days to go . 

Surely one of the days has to come in . 

Don't worry I'm still waiting for the sunshine, let alone the storms.

First sun of the day now and as a result it looks like the highest temp of the day is going to be at 7pm lol! Who needs a polar maritime northwesterly to get the best weather in the late evening...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
29 minutes ago, Singularity said:

I was wondering if that was even real until I saw this - no rain at all here! Sky didn’t look like much was going on either.

Using a sensor on my bike, good bit of variation even with all the clue around now, about a 2*C temp change between the Avon valley centre and the sides.

Enjoying the cooler mid-20s and absent solar heating of the house - should be a less oppressive night ahead ??.

Yes, at a more comfrotable 23.7°C here, albeit still muggy, the sun will have had 3 hours-ish less of heating up the house. Phew

• Like 1

Posted

Had a light rain shower here around 5.30pm. Was very light and evaporated instantly on contact with the ground. 

After a high of 30.8°C (4th day in a row with 30+) its now cooler, but the temperature is rising again in the past hour. Same reason @Singularity mentioned above, around 5/6pm the sea breeze always cuts off and as a consequence, the winds have switched back to a light NE'ly.

Currently 25.3°C, Wind NE at 6 mph. Dew point beginning to rise as well at 18.9°C.

Edited by Dean E
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

This Evening and Tonight: There is the continued risk of the odd thundery shower this evening, but for most it will be dry with some sunny spells. Largely dry overnight too with clear spells, allowing some fog patches to form. A warm, humid night Minimum temperature 16 °C.

• Like 2

Posted

Quite cloudy today and as such the temperatures were suppressed much like last Friday. A max of 26.5 °C with just a few spots of rain later this afternoon. Cleared up quite a bit after that to leave a sunny evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A proper sweaty bike ride home from work, the local barn fire is still going over 12 hours later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers
21 hours ago, Stormyking said:

Today has really been quite an incredible day on the Island, a few areas on the island might of even had there highest ever temperature's recorded locally, including my location. Here is a top 5 list and a map of all the islands temperature's from Today. 2 of the stations that were showing 36'c, one is ran by us the Isle of Wight Met Service, and the other is a different station very close which isn't ours. Even right now the Temperature has gone back up to 27.4'c after being 26.1 about half an hour ago.

Here we have the top 5 list for the main areas on the island it self

image.thumb.png.3a35a454f9da74522300557311653035.png

Here is the map of all the the stations on the island

image.thumb.png.cab4a4e1b83f31bee00f065c86d02d4b.png

For a time the winds were E to ESE, then suddenly they turned South, causing a mad FOHN effect and a sudden rise in temperature as all the hot air sunk down off of Shanklin downs. 

So is it a record or not then?  Is your station set up correctly? I for one will only believe it is a record if the MET office say, otherwise anyone with a weather station will be claiming records, and when you see headlines in the local press saying it is record temperatures then this is very misleading and they are quoting you can you actually confirm it is a legitimate record? If not I would be careful of using your name to claim this records.

I have a Davis In my garden and it showed 39 degrees can I claim this as a record?...... I think not because it is not calibrated and in the correct position.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp

Very muggy and cloudy, no sign of rain or thunderstorms, not even uplift over Cotswolds doing anything to trigger storms. Looks like they were more west then expected 

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy, 22.2°C RH 91%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice sky here as well earlier. Feels cooler tonight but still a warm evening again, just not as warm. 20.0°C

2020-08-10 20.36.27.jpg