Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Nice here. Sunny with scattered cumulus and up to 23.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The sun has been out a bit more this afternoon and it’s feeling much warmer now. 24.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

wow its warm now the sun is coming out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just as it starts to feel really warm the breeze swings round and now it’s coming off the sea meaning it’s suddenly dropped several degrees in the space of a few minutes. 21.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just hit 25°C here.

Posted

Peaked at 25.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

When I saw the radar this morning I feared it would be another stinker but by 12:30 the cloud was well broken with plenty of hot sunshine. I was surprised because of the earlier cloud, its also been a very humid day. I took a walk through town then up into the hills above the marina to Meadfoot Beach. Was there for an hour and then walked along the hillside back to the inner harbour. By then it was mostly clear blue skies.

What a surprise today was!

I checked 3 weather stations near me and all of them reached over 25C today.

Meadfoot Beach Scape.jpg

Meadfoot Beach 2.jpg

Torquay Inner Harbour.jpg

Torquay Palms.jpg

Torquay Princess Gardens Fountain.jpg

Torquay Bistro Pierre.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Nice evening out there now which has been a rarity lately. Still 20.8°C

Posted

Tomorrow looks nice, full sun symbols from 12pm. Hope any cloud burns away quicker, though.

Currently 17.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Ended up with 5.2 hours of sunshine today. Boy, did it ever heat up when that cloud broke up! Temp reached 24.9°C.

Currently 17.4°C and clear as a bell.

Posted

Warmest day for some time today although it was a bit cloudy fir a kit of the day it really felt warm when the sun came out. Reached 25.1°C, currently 17.7°C

Posted

Morning, a mild feeling night with a low of 13.2°C

Misty and overcast currently, 13.9°C

Posted

Maximum temperature here yesterday on the VP2 was 26.5 °C and I thought it must be wrong based on the available UK station data yesterday - but I see this morning that Fleetlands heliport on the Fareham/Gosport boundary had the UK's highest official temperature at 26.1 °C. As it's alongside Fareham Creek and I'm not, I reckon I genuinely beat them. Just.

Back in the day, in yesterday's mainly sunny light northerly, the UK max would have been at the now defunct Solent MRSC of course, I could never beat them in these conditions.

Minimum this morning looks like it will be 15.7 °C and a fine morning it is, with sunny intervals already.

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Full sun and 15C with a low of 13. Plenty of cloud on the radar and you can see its switched SW. I really hope I can get another sunny day today as there's more cloud around tomorrow although meto says dry.

Torquay Morning Crop Frame.jpg

Posted

I see we are trending towards the cold front being stuck across the S/SE with pulses of rain into Sunday. Likely to mean a very warm/hot all of Saturday but then a very poor Sunday with it either being wet or remaining cloudy all day.

Looking good for my first week of outdoor summer holiday work commencing on Monday. Genuine shock!! 

• Like 1

Posted

The mist and cloud has lifted to leave blue skies. Perfect! 

Posted

A high of 25.8c at 5pm yesterday, a lovely day of sunshine.
It was still 20c at midnight and a 16.2c at 5:30am
Now 18.8c, light WNW wind with lovely blue skies and cotton wool

2020-07-17 08.41.55.jpg

2020-07-17 08.41.41.jpg

Edited by lettice

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I see we are trending towards the cold front being stuck across the S/SE with pulses of rain into Sunday. Likely to mean a very warm/hot all of Saturday but then a very poor Sunday with it either being wet or remaining cloudy all day.

Looking good for my first week of outdoor summer holiday work commencing on Monday. Genuine shock!! 

Is your wife finishing today Andy?

My OH is staggered that her first week off is looking decent. Normally the start of the hols marks the end of the good weather.

Not this time. The irony being that we can't go anywhere.

Misty first thing here, but that burnt off really quickly. Lovely out there now. Can't wait to knock off at 5pm. ☀️

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, jtay said:

Is your wife finishing today Andy?

My OH is staggered that her first week off is looking decent. Normally the start of the hols marks the end of the good weather.

Yes however the official end of term should have been next Wednesday. Most schools around here have got deep cleans planned from Monday.

Had it been a ‘normal’ term the potential change at the end of next week would have been typical.

• Like 1

Posted

Wonder how hot we will get today; I reckon 27°C give or take. Already at 22.8°C

(Cloud has filled in, but I expect it’ll burn off over the next hour)

Booked a few days away mid August so hoping it stays dry at least, but we all know what August is typically like.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Complete opposite to the forecast here.. started off blue skies but now it has clouded over.

And masses of flying ants.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Joint highest temperature of the month yesterday here at 23.4C with good sunny spells.

Back to cloud this morning.

Posted

Clouded over for a time after a sunny start but the clouds clearing again now leaving it sunny and warm, although not as warm as yesterday. 19.8°C