Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Whilst the numbers of people on the beach is only slowly increasing, a lot more folks have taken to the water, as shown below with the smaller boats leavng the harbour to scoot past the ferry...warming nicely at 22.8°C ..

image.thumb.png.fd9810324257e734a35db63a65e06ccc.png

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Some interesting cloudscapes this morning.

panorama 2.JPG

P1050392 (800x600).jpg

P1050395 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sky is looking almost plumey here. Quite odd for a cool high pressure system.

At least today it actually looks and feels like July!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

9.4°C was the overnight low... looks great out there today, scattered clouds / haze but the sunshine has been pretty much unbroken, and it’s warm. 23.4°C

F7B6743D-BC41-4D52-ADB7-51ADF1B468C9.thumb.jpeg.cd14ed156c42dce14d95d2da261a3549.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hmm.

A35865AE-52B1-4686-A594-AE1BEEDBED9B.thumb.png.8d8db342571399af371a67026ad5c859.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Hmm.

A35865AE-52B1-4686-A594-AE1BEEDBED9B.thumb.png.8d8db342571399af371a67026ad5c859.png

Nothing here, just blue sky with bits of high cloud

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Nothing here, just blue sky with bits of high cloud

The same here, it seems to happen pretty often, I am not sure what causes it. There’s definitely no flying ants!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

The same here, it seems to happen pretty often, I am not sure what causes it. There’s definitely no flying ants!

It’s something to do with the high level clouds we have today. It happened some days in April too when we had the same kind of skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

There were flying ants here earlier on.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Although it is a lot nicer today than it has been the breeze still feels quite cool. 19.2°C

Posted

Haven’t noticed any flying ants here 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Nice day here in Stroud, as others have said great clouds around. 
Not seen flying ants, but mowing lawns on Friday as part of my work, disturbed dozens of new red ants nests in the grass.Also just walked to the local shop, and even in small front gardens with short grass there’s a lot of grasshoppers or crickets making a racket. Could be a great year for them if they’ve started this early. Here’s a photo from the end of the drought 2 years ago, on my daughter’s hand: 

1D54803D-2980-4A81-BECB-51515BC43ABC.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Very unlikely, but the sky today reminds me of July 10th 2015, probably a bit warmer on that particular day, but it ended with a random storm that formed in the channel.

Spent the day at pepa pig world and all day I remember looking at the sky thinking that something could happen, but i totally forgot about it, until I was sat at home minding my own business, before hearing a very deep rumble!

Needless to say, it didn't take me long to make my way down to mudeford quay with the camera, which resulted in the photos below.

Like I said, it's unlikely anything will happen, but you never know.

Isle of Wight 3 (2).jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Have been keeping an eye out but still no flying ants here. A high of 24.2°C at: 14:40..

Currently 20.5°C

Posted

Sunny for most of the day with patchy cloud at times. Reached 20.4°C, currently 18.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temps did quite well in the end, despite a two and half hour period of no sunshine. 23.5°C.

Currently 17.6°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

We've had a lovely few days here in Torquay with yesterday being the sunniest and quite warm. Yesterday was probably the best day we've had for a while. The sun is out this morning again but there's a lot of cloud coming into Devon and Cornwall from the NW. I can see on the radar that Dartmoor is splitting it which is usually great for Torquay so I'm not too sure what's going to happen today but we may end up with plenty of sunshine?

The great Spring that we've had has helped the Musa Basjoo Japanese banana a lot, and I'm not too sure how early they come into fruit but I took some pics of one I saw yesterday that definately had fruit already. The flowers are incredibly exotic.

Banana Flower Frame.jpg

Bananas Frame.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Hazy sun at the moment and feeling warm. 19.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Mostly Cloudy. Rain due later

19.c  Humidity  52% Rh 

1025 hPa WSW Breeze  7mph.

Posted

Hazy sunshine and 22.8°C

Another snag at Soton this morning!

B43AB3D6-F098-434D-BB67-18EF57E8AA7F.thumb.jpeg.96871af1c8f88bc8066d4af04bd1d53d.jpeg

Posted

Much cloudier now and increasingly breezy. Unsurprisingly the temperatures dropped. 18.5°C

Posted

Cloudier but still bright, the rain fizzled out before it got here. Reached 24.6°C at: 13:43.. currently 20.2°C

Posted

Sunny for a time earlier before it turned hazy and eventually clouded over. A bit of rain on and off in the last hour or so. Reached 20.2°C, currently 15.5°C