Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Another humid night last night, with some rain around 1am. The low was 17.1­°C

Currently sunny and even more humid than this time yesterday.

24.7°C DP at 18.2°C!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

South West England weather forecast

Friday 26 Jun -Tuesday 30 Jun

Headline:

Largely dry today with some sunshine and the odd shower.

Today:

Today will be largely fine with a good deal of bright or sunny spells. The odd heavy, possibly thundery shower may bubble up through the afternoon, though most places will stay dry. Remaining hot and quite humid. Maximum temperature 27 °C.

Tonight:

After a dry start of the evening, a swathe of heavy, thundery rain will arrive, spreading across the region overnight. This should ease towards dawn, becoming more showery in nature. Minimum temperature 13 °C.

Saturday:

Saturday will be a day of sunshine and showers, these merging to longer spells of rain at times. Becoming breezy through the afternoon. Feeling much cooler than recent days. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Remaining unsettled on Sunday and into next week. Further showers or outbreaks of rain are likely, though there should still be some bright or sunny spells. Breezy at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A few spots of rain last night. Very mild night indeed, no lower than 17.5C. Broken cloud 21C this morning.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
14 hours ago, Lyn-M said:

Max 32.1°C here, still at 23.3°C now.  Off to check those storms....

Absolutely sweet nothing here, the gauge was as dry as yesterday morning.

Posted

The welcomed sea breeze, that has been absent for the past 3 days is back! Winds have turned Southerly.

Temperature has dropped by a degree but still 24.3°C after a high of 25.3°C at 10am.

humidity still high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Apart from the distant lightning in the channel and a bit of light rain morning happened here last night, nothing unusual there then. Dry and cloudy now and still feeling humid but much cooler. 17.4°C

Posted

The fresher air is definitely here and the temperature is actually going down. Just fallen below 20C.

Posted
Just now, MP-R said:

The fresher air is definitely here and the temperature is actually going down. Just fallen below 20C.

That will be an interesting trend if it happens. Pushing 25c at the moment but the breeze is picking up from the SW.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

That will be an interesting trend if it happens. Pushing 25c at the moment but the breeze is picking up from the SW.

Indeed. It's only because of all this unforecast cloudcover though. Up the road in Bristol the sun is out and the temperature is going in the other direction lol!

Posted
12 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Indeed. It's only because of all this unforecast cloudcover though. Up the road in Bristol the sun is out and the temperature is going in the other direction lol!

24.2 here with a humidity of 67%! The sooner the fresher air arrives the better!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Uncomfortable night for sleeping, the low was 17.3°C at: 05:14

Sunny and feeling a little muggy but an increasing breeze.. we are up to 25.2°C

Posted

it is hot and warm and sticky and muggy over in warminster  as it 27.c to day and my phone weather say it 25.c and a very warm breezy to day.

Edited by Tom dewey likes thunder

Posted
57 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

it is a hot and warm and sticky and muggy over in warminster today  as it 27.c to day and my phone weather say it 25.c and a very warm breezy to day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The clouds cleared enough for the sun to come out and the temperatures risen slightly but its struggling to rise much with the increasing breeze. 18.3°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
53 minutes ago, TomW said:

24.2 here with a humidity of 67%! The sooner the fresher air arrives the better!

Swap?

Some glimpses of sun here now but quite a bit cooler than where you are.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Still overcast here, proper crap.

Crazy to think i'm just the other side of the Solent from you and I've got clear skies and 24°C!

IOW doing a great job of breaking up that cloud for me

image.thumb.png.e63667dcb2d2f6259d3b849aad160880.png

Posted
33 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Crazy to think i'm just the other side of the Solent from you and I've got clear skies and 24°C!

IOW doing a great job of breaking up that cloud for me

image.thumb.png.e63667dcb2d2f6259d3b849aad160880.png

I’m under that cloud here and it’s only 17.3°C and with the breeze it doesn’t feel that warm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I’m under that cloud here and it’s only 17.3°C and with the breeze it doesn’t feel that warm. 

Yep. No forecast mentioned this, and they're all still saying how sunny and warm it is. I'm still wearing shorts, but I replaced the t-shirt with a jumper, because it is chilly. It comes to something when the max of the day was at midnight during the Summer.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yep. No forecast mentioned this, and they're all still saying how sunny and warm it is. I'm still wearing shorts, but I replaced the t-shirt with a jumper, because it is chilly. It comes to something when the max of the day was at midnight during the Summer.

Yes same the highest temperature was at midnight. It went back up to 20°C at 7am but since then it’s been hovering around 17°C all day. Just adds insult to last nights flop. 

Posted

Been a lovely sunny day today, a high of 24c at 9am and then 21-22c since then, just been dropping last hour to 19.5c now.
Still very humid.
Some cloud has just started to move in.
Do hope we get some of the light rain showers predicted for overnight and tomorrow morning.
That 1mm on the 19th and last major rain on the 12th, just is not enough for the garden.

Posted

Still sunny here, with ribbons of Accas all around. The breeze however, is now noticeably cooler than of late.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely AltCas as John mentions, also a 2c plus drop in the last hour despite continuing mid afternoon sunshine! 

Reminds me a bit of that Sunday in May where it got cooler quickly after midday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cooler air must be in place, although it has remained mostly sunny with just a little high cloud and an increase in the breeze. 26.2°C at 14:00, it has dropped to 21.9°C now at: 16:00

Edited by CheesepuffScott