Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So supposedly I was just a few miles aouth of a supercell. Couldn’t see anything here as my view to the north isn’t great and there was a lot of cloud around d here at the time. Another moderate shower passing through now but not looking likely to be much more after that. 

Posted

Warmest its been all day currently at 16.0°C after some very heavy showers passed through the area, also feels quite muggy now.

Posted

Lol I watched clouds and through low cloud a CB develop as they passed Warminster while stood outside in warm sunshine. From 16.40 with practically nothing to a pink core at 17.10 near Mere.

ED3498F0-4651-4D49-AE66-562A328E975F.png

4AE17E55-A156-423D-9930-7D47C69A966A.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A few moderate / heavy showers after that thundery interval earlier; it’s sunny now.

Reached 18.9°C, it is currently 15.9°C.. humidity high throughout today as well, only getting down to 73% earlier..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A few heavy showers this afternoon but no thunder and it felt much warmer than yesterday. Reached 20.6°C, currently 15.0°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

4.5mm from this afternoon's showers, no thunder heard.  Very much on the edge of all the showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Very muggy this evening, didn’t get much rain here today.  May get some in the morning but not 100% convinced.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

12.6°C with an increasing breeze from the NE

Posted

Morning All, an overcast and breezy morning to start the day, overnight low...11.9°C at: 01:59, currently 16.9°C RH78% and pressure holding after a recent fall, now @1003.9mb. Showers today, hmm maybe..as we seemed to not be on the key track yesterday, the garden would appreciate a drop more yet...fingers crossed..

The loneliness of the long distance walker seems this mornings theme...

image.thumb.png.3122986e6d95ce36e6a3b8bc971a23fc.png

Posted

The low was 11.3°C at: 02:18... currently cloudy but bright, 17.9°C

Posted

Wasn’t expecting to be able to have a picnic in the garden today but that’s what we’re doing under hazy sunshine and it’s pleasant at 18.8c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Overcast and 19.3°C here.

New Davis rain tipper is supposed to be here before 1pm. Not sure I can get it fitted before the rain arrives, though?!

Posted

Just started raining and if anything it’s heavier than anything from yesterday’s showers.  Already 1.4mm in about 5 minutes. 17.9°C

Posted
39 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Overcast and 19.3°C here.

New Davis rain tipper is supposed to be here before 1pm. Not sure I can get it fitted before the rain arrives, though?!

Is it fairly straight forward fitting as I was thinking about getting one as I have the older tipping mechanism? 

Posted
45 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Wasn’t expecting to be able to have a picnic in the garden today but that’s what we’re doing under hazy sunshine and it’s pleasant at 18.8c!

I'd get a shimmy on Andy, if I were you. Nobody likes a soggy sanger.

Posted
3 minutes ago, TomW said:

Is it fairly straight forward fitting as I was thinking about getting one as I have the older tipping mechanism? 

I've just done it whilst it's spitting with rain!

Unplug the rain sensor cable from the ISS, push it back through the hole. Take the rain funnel off, you'll see two plastic clippy things on one side that hold the rain tipper down. Carefully pry a flathead screwdriver in and gently push back and use your other hand to push the clips back  a little and it'll pop off. Unthreaded the cable through the rain gauge base and it's out.

The new one just clips in the same place as the old one. It'll only go one way. Thread the new cable back through the hole in the base and push the grommet back in to place, then snake it through to the back of the ISS. Don't plug it in yet as you should put the funnel on first to avoid a clunk and a false rain tip. Plug the cable in, slide the cover down, and voila!

It literally took 3 minutes... however, I was rushing as I was getting soaked lol

Already got two tips, so it's working!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've just done it whilst it's spitting with rain!

Unplug the rain sensor cable from the ISS, push it back through the hole. Take the rain funnel off, you'll see two plastic clippy things on one side that hold the rain tipper down. Carefully pry a flathead screwdriver in and gently push back and use your other hand to push the clips back  a little and it'll pop off. Unthreaded the cable through the rain gauge base and it's out.

The new one just clips in the same place as the old one. It'll only go one way. Thread the new cable back through the hole in the base and push the grommet back in to place, then snake it through to the back of the ISS. Don't plug it in yet as you should put the funnel on first to avoid a clunk and a false rain tip. Plug the cable in, slide the cover down, and voila!

It literally took 3 minutes... however, I was rushing as I was getting soaked lol

Already got two tips, so it's working!

Sounds simple enough for me to attempt thank you

Posted

Rain is starting up. Got to 19.2°C earlier.

Posted

Lol John all finished and been playing footy with my boy. He’s decided he needs a doze so he’s crashed out on the sofa and I am willing something to crack off!

Will this afternoon be the day to bring a decent rainfall to Warminster! Or will the developing downpours avoid here!?

19.9c and 72% humidity, feels almost oppressive in the sun.

Posted

4.2mm fell in that downpour. 53 mm/hr rain rate. It's been a while since I have seen heavy rain!

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Lol John all finished and been playing footy with my boy. He’s decided he needs a doze so he’s crashed out on the sofa and I am willing something to crack off!

Will this afternoon be the day to bring a decent rainfall to Warminster! Or will the developing downpours avoid here!?

19.9c and 72% humidity, feels almost oppressive in the sun.

You'll be fine. It's just moderate rain here at the mo, but the Arome has it pepping up as it moves North West.

anim_kxi8.gif

Edited by jtay

Posted

16.6°C here with light / moderate rain. 

Posted

Only 15.2°C now after reaching 19.2°C just before the rain started.