Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy morning but a few sunny spells in the last half an hour or so and feeling humid. 18.8°C

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Well if we ain't getting rain today, I'd like it to stay bright (as it is brightening up now) for a while! It's felt rather dank this morning. Mind you, still in shorts but felt the need to put my light jacket on when out for my walk as there was no sun to negate the bit of a breeze

Been on calls for 2 hours. Just missed everything springing into life. Going outside for a butchers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Thuderstorm and heavy downpours in Southampton right now. Seems to be pepping up as it heads your way, guys! REMAIN INDOORS :-) x

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

@jtay all eyes up! Not so unlucky after all

15AFCD16-2ED3-48A8-8719-F40BF184DB5B.thumb.png.6469e12a69a2834dcce5116831bd65da.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

@jtay all eyes up! Not so unlucky after all

15AFCD16-2ED3-48A8-8719-F40BF184DB5B.thumb.png.6469e12a69a2834dcce5116831bd65da.png

Still think the exciting stuff will slide to my South, at least. Would love to be wrong.

You're closer though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nothing here yet but looks like it’s coming. Just reached 20°C and feels warm with the humidity on top of that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Big crack!

• Like 1

Posted

Seen 2 flashes with massive rumbles and heard a smaller rumble in the distance... it’ll do! Caught the 2nd flash / rumble 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

Nothing here yet but looks like it’s coming. Just reached 20°C and feels warm with the humidity on top of that. 

It might be your time to shine shortly.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, jtay said:

It might be your time to shine shortly.

Most of it so far has gone just to the north but that near the IOW is further south than the others have been which gives hope

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yes, all passing to the North this time, instead of East or West. Picked up 6 strikes on the detector but nothing heard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It all to the South of me, only light showers here.

Posted

Nice one Scott and John.

Continuing the dry theme in Warminster , 10 minutes of drizzle and a few sharp showers lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Storm here now with rain intense when thunder overhead. New it was coming as mackerel were going crazy out in Lyme Bay  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Had my first thunderstorm of the year in Exeter, a couple of very close strikes and about 10-15 rumbles that were further away to the south.

Posted

Had a heavy shower not long ago but considering what was approaching it didn't deliver much. Haven't heard any thunder despite there being lightning strikes not that far away at times throughout the afternoon. 

Posted

No thunder here but we caught a packet of heavy showers earlier this afternoon, 10.4 mm so far which is my wettest day by a long way since April. Was turning out to be a nice afternoon until then, touching 21.1°C at 12:42pm - warmest day for 9 days - but it went rapidly downhill after that, 15.3 an hour later and now though dry it's Strange to feel some wet grass!

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavier shower moving through here now, and the grey has got a bit greyer... That's about as exciting as it gets today. Sunshine please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I ordered the new rain tipper from my Davis Pro2 today - should be here tomorrow. That means it'll definitely be dry for another few months now.. 

Posted

We've just been sent an interesting pic from near Ringwood, on messenger. Paul B (S) just mentioned it on the storm thread.

Hopefully it'll get posted here, or on the other thread later. Will link to it if it does.

Edit : Paul has just posted it in the storm thread.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1