Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry here but dull and cool. 13.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Showery rain now.

Its a cold raw summers day, currently just 12C in some drizzle after a 'high' of about 14C a couple of hours ago. Utterly miserable!

Sunshine totals now starting to suffer, only just over 60hrs month to date, normally just below average but considering we had 30hrs in the first two days its been gloomy for most of the past week. 

Posted

I know I commented about rain this morning. It wasn’t a moan at the conditions, moreso to highlight poor modelling/forecasting at short range.

We squeezed half a mm this morning and it looks like tonight’s predicted heavy rain (if it materialises) will miss this part of the region. 

So then we’re looking to Friday for a heavier burst of rain, maybe. Wouldn’t mind betting we catch a downpour tomorrow instead.

June sitting at 6.5mm as I type, 11mm in 40 days since the wet last few days of April,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes Andy. Even I’m wondering how much rain we will get here in N Somerset. Looks like the snow, I mean rain, might pivot out west and fall south.

Friday might be more giving if the rain moves north enough. If not it’ll be heavy downpours moving east to west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It did try to brighten up earlier - very briefly.. apart from that it’s been cool with an increasing breeze, reached 14.9°C

Currently 12.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry all day but dull and disappointingly cool. Reached 14.6°C, currently 13.2°C

Posted

Persistent light rain now. 13C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, the MetOffice forecast I looked at around lunchtime had the heavy rain symbol from 8pm until tomorrow morning, not looking like that now. The charts show very little rainfall here, that's why I have just given the garden a good soaking.

Cloudy today. Did get a brief flickering of sunshine around 6:30pm, temp reached 15.1°C.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Only a very light sprinkling here this evening.....so far.  MetO showing heavy rain here now and for the next few hours.  We shall see about that. 

Posted

I can confirm outside it is about as June like as 15C and sunshine is in December!

Posted

Dry here! 11.1°C RH 93%

Posted

I highlighted a risk yesterday, of some thundery showers for our region tomorrow.

Now here's a rare sight on the MetOffice app:

419504595_Screenshot_20200610-234132_MetOffice.thumb.png.6b6206085ce8372c50815a0a73d9c8f9.png

I could count on one hand the number of times I have seen that icon in the last few years.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I highlighted a risk yesterday, of some thundery showers for our region tomorrow.

Now here's a rare sight on the MetOffice app:

419504595_Screenshot_20200610-234132_MetOffice.thumb.png.6b6206085ce8372c50815a0a73d9c8f9.png

I could count on one hand the number of times I have seen that icon in the last few years.

And if I had a £ for every time it never occurred... it’s gotta be right some time!

• Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

And if I had a £ for every time it never occurred... it’s gotta be right some time!

You'd be rich if you had one for every time it appeared on the BBC website :oldlaugh:

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning All, an overcast start to the day after a light overnight shower, with a low of 11.2°C at: 04:56, currently 13.6°C and RH82%, with the pressure @ 1009mb. Bigger opportunity of showers today...hmmm maybe...

Posted

Strange morning with significant Stratocumulus blowing off Salisbury Plain from the SE from dawn and ongoing now.

However an area of sharp showers moved over around an hour ago around which the low cloud cleared and we had 15 minutes of bright sunshine before it’s gone overcast again!

Posted

We walked back in a bit of Sunshine earlier which was nice. Breezy, cool and cloudy now.

Clear skies breaking out over France and Belgium will hopefully spark things off for some of us later.

image.thumb.png.f3794821312bb5304448b0ae297d80d1.png

Posted

The overnight low was 10.0°C at: 04:56

Cloudy and cool this morning although there was some brightness first thing. 13.6°C RH 88%

EDIT: Checked the Met and no big shock, thunderstorm symbols have vanished. Again.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
8 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Cloudy and cool this morning although there was some brightness first thing. 13.6°C RH 88%

EDIT: Checked the Met and no big shock, thunderstorm symbols have vanished. Again.

Surprised not..this week has seen many forecasts go belly up..

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Yep, looks like the line around London will go to our North and anything that pops up near the Solent will end up way to our South/South West.

I just want some rain for the garden... so tomorrow it is then.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, jtay said:

Yep, looks like the line around London will go to our North and anything that pops up near the Solent will end up way to our South/South West.

I just want some rain for the garden... so tomorrow it is then.

Well if we ain't getting rain today, I'd like it to stay bright (as it is brightening up now) for a while! It's felt rather dank this morning. Mind you, still in shorts but felt the need to put my light jacket on when out for my walk as there was no sun to negate the bit of a breeze

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Forget about what you see on the radar now, it's what will 'pop up' out of nowhere as the day progresses.

Currently 17°C here, mostly cloudy with the occasional sunny glimpse. The wind actually feels warm today, almost like the inflow of a thunderstorm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

image.thumb.png.0e6b5c4ec0b5a5d750eace5b2e621f1e.png

This looks interesting...

• Like 1