Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy but with some lengthy sunny spells, especially during the middle part of the afternoon. Reached 18.8°C, currently 14.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

10 hours of sunshine and a high of 20.8C this afternoon, although the cloud did come over heavy after 6pm and looked like it might rain at one point. Looks like I was in one of the sweet spots today.

Posted

Morning All, a pleasant start to the day, the rubbish picker has the beach to themself and somebody left the plug out as the water is low..

Currently 11.2°C after an overnight low of 10.4°C at: 06:00, RH90% and the pressure bumping along nicely around the 1020mb area..

image.thumb.png.c1013460bcb73fb55909403813de9cc5.png

And the cloud has just about cleared the area...

image.thumb.png.c4c3663a842f05d8b8d700b7800bf862.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
On 06/06/2020 at 19:25, Mapantz said:

Cheers boss!

I had a second play around with the RGB as it comes with it's own controller for the front RGB. I managed to work out how to get all of the fans and AIO connected so that I can use the buttons on the front of the case to change colours.modes etc

I can still use the Gigabyte Fusion software too, so I get the best of both worlds! I hate the cable management, especially where RGB is concerned lol

That's a really handy feature! Mine is all controlled with Corsairs iCUE software, it works well but the interface is a little janky! 

Yeah, the side panel (the blacked out one) is like a sea of cables. My case had some good cable management features, but even with RBG it couldn't handle all those cables! So I just shut them away haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Mostly cloudy this morning with a few spots of blue in the sky.. nonetheless it feels reasonable. 17.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Oh and a few spits from above..

336588C8-0C6C-4DA9-835B-0245F8B34BD3.thumb.jpeg.66b45536201826848f34038fafc7fb4e.jpeg

Posted

Lovely again today. Almost unbroken sunshine so far and just shy of 21C. Certainly makes up for the next few days in advance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy all day so far here. 16.4°C

Posted
32 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Lovely again today. Almost unbroken sunshine so far and just shy of 21C. Certainly makes up for the next few days in advance.

Ha. Rubbish here. It tried raining at lunchtime.

Posted
35 minutes ago, jtay said:

Ha. Rubbish here. It tried raining at lunchtime.

It’s funny how slow moving everything is. I can see large clouds to the South and East yet like Mike it’s been mostly sunny over Warminster. Must be a stationary weak front, convergence line or trough.

Posted
On 06/06/2020 at 03:41, DaveL said:

Nice display of noctilucent clouds this morning! Took a few shots of them, will check out the quality later today.

Oh, I forgot ro upload my early  morning  noctilucent photo from Saturday so here it is. The stars were still out of course, you can see what is I think Capella on the left just above the middle,  it was a fraction east of due north. 200mm lens that just happened to be the one on my 35mm APS DSLR at the time. It would not autofocus, it was too dark for that.

noctilucent-20200606-0216-halfsize-K3150108.thumb.JPG.bd6a4e53e56ae32a0caa83121c5137b0.JPG

Edited by DaveL
  • Like 2

Posted

Not been great here, certainly more cloud than yesterday, just the odd bright spell behind the clouds.. up to 17.5°C at 12:04.

Currently 16.7°C

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

It’s funny how slow moving everything is. I can see large clouds to the South and East yet like Mike it’s been mostly sunny over Warminster. Must be a stationary weak front, convergence line or trough.

I checked the Sat image before we went for our walk first thing. It looked clear on there to our West, but I couldn't see any blue sky.

Literally in the last 10mins, the Sun is breaking through, but it has been poor today.

Posted

It does look like I've been in one of the clearer areas all day. I have noticed predominantly fair weather cloud build up further east and north with higher frontal cloud out west now beginning to show its hand more.

Posted

Haven’t seen the sun at all here but it’s still felt fairly warm and noticeably more humid this afternoon. 15.3°C

Posted

Stayed cloudy all day. Reached 17.4°C, currently 14.1°C

Posted

Max 17.5°C.. currently 11.7°C

Posted

Overcast and mild (sound like a december day) with an overnight low of 11.4°C at: 04:59, currently 13.6°C , some rain around but extremely light in nature and patchy. Rh77 % and pressure 1016mb falling..

The morning cloudy skies

image.thumb.png.35cba2988a632fa162276b062d03ba6f.png

Posted

This mornings fax charts have the warm front to the East and Cold Front to the West at 06.00 yet there’s a band of showery rain in the middle (rather than the usual warm sector conditions) which no forecast or rain prediction chart seems to have picked up. 

The weather apps have caught up in the last hour because until 08.00 it was shown to be dry here until late afternoon!

Dull and showery rather than the anticipated cloudy/bright.

Posted

A double digit low overnight of 10.1°C...

Overcast and damp this morning, 12.7°C

Posted

A sprinkling of rain earlier on, less than a mm, and now cloudy and much cooler than yesterday.

Posted

Just dry and cool here now after a little bit of light rain earlier. 13.5°C