George Floyd's Killing/Protests

George Floyd died on Monday and video showed him gasping for breath as 3 policemen knelt on his neck and body

With the recent protesting not just in Minneapolis but with other cites around the United States one policemen

Of course this is a good reason to loot and burn down innocent peoples property.Clearly the police involved were at fault but a lot of the rioters couldn't care less about what happened they just wanted an excuse...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Of course this is a good reason to loot and burn down innocent peoples property.Clearly the police involved were at fault but a lot of the rioters couldn't care less about what happened they just wanted an excuse...

I totally agree with on what you say peaceful protests should be allowed but there's no need for it to get violent (there were rumors that the police did it "first" ) 

I believe that the protests have settled down due to the police officer taken into custody 

The whole black lives matter thing is nonsense, every life matters but i've noticed that the numerous white people who have been killed in questionable circumstances by the police in the US haven't sparked riots and looting...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

The whole black lives matter thing is nonsense, every life matters but i've noticed that the numerous white people who have been killed in questionable circumstances by the police in the US haven't sparked riots and looting...

Those people haven't been killed because they're white. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Ross90 said:

Bang on... Its ridiculous, ALL lives matter . It would, by definition, be racist to single out any one ethnicity.

They completely destroy their own argument by rioting and looting.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Bang on... Its ridiculous, ALL lives matter . It would, by definition, be racist to single out any one ethnicity.

They completely destroy their own argument by rioting and looting.

It's not #OnlyBlackLivesMatter. Would you go to a Cancer fundraiser and shout "ALL DISEASES MATTER"?

The fact is that blacks in America are disproportionately targeted because the country has a 400 year history of slavery, subjugation, and deeply-rooted, institutionalised racism. Within the lifetimes of many on this forum, there was legalised segregation in the southern states of the US. #AllLivesMatter is just a trite way of pretending there isn't a problem.

As the phrase goes, 'When you're accustomed to privilege, any equality feels like oppression.'

• Like 5
Posted (edited)

Most of those people rioting weren't alive during that era Yarmy...

Even the premise of one of their main arguments is racist, 'the police are too white' i mean seriously can you imagine the uproar if a white person said the nba is too black.Apparently pointing out that white people suffer more racial discrimination than any other race is a big no no.

If it doesn't die down soon all it will take is one trigger happy national guardsman or somebody defending their property with force, a few protestors die and it'll turn into a full scale race war fuelled further by the mass unemployment and dislike for Trump.

I've no doubt that there will be a big rise in far left and right extremists in the US over the next few years because of this. 

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Yes.

Nonsense! 

The police knew that they were being recorded do you think they were that stupid that they deliberately tried to kill somebody on video? Far more likely that they saw a big, strong looking guy who they thought would be difficult to control if he resisted but they went too far in trying to restrain him.I've no doubt whatsoever that they didn't take that call thinking 'we're going to kill this guy'.

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Apparently pointing out that white people suffer more racial discrimination than any other race is a big no no.

'When you're accustomed to privilege, any equality feels like oppression.'

• Like 2
Just now, Yarmy said:

'When you're accustomed to privilege, any equality feels like oppression.'

So that makes it acceptable for white people to be racially abused?