Wildlife Camera (with night vision)?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying a camera for the garden which will link up to my computer where I can watch live and where it will also record so I can look over what happened last night.

We have a fox that visits amongst other animals so I want it to have good night vision.

Does anybody have one and/or can recommend one?

Thanks very much!

• Like 1

Hi WW,

I have had a Gosira Trail Camera for a coupe of years and have had great fun with it. We do a lot of camping (when not locked down) and have left the camera overnight in hedge bottoms with great results (will post some photos later when back on home computer) I have also used it recently when I discovered vermin in my shed! I don't think you can get my model anymore, but I paid about £40 for it off Amazon.

Bob

Hi @Bob G I'd love to see some photos! I decided to go for a digital trail cam from Amazon which arrived yesterday. Last night was the first night and it went off at 1am and just past 2am, unfortunately I think a few moths ended up setting it off. I've had a play with the settings though and decided to have it on in the daytime too, it was originally just 7pm to 8am but I've decided I want to see what the squirrels are up to!

Dan

Hi WW, Here's a couple of pictures from the 'RatCam'...

image.thumb.png.9cee260a1238b68c2a6f24e332d913f8.png

image.thumb.png.51d3bbf8a4799bcf60040a4a7574c673.png

The camera was not best placed, I just wanted to find out if they were still around or if it was an old infestation - the shed had not been used much for the last 2-3 years apart from as a dumping ground. Needless to say, they are now all gone and the clear-up/repair underway. I'll post some others when I can get on my desktop PC, for some reason I can't access it over the network.

How interesting! Looking forward to catching something on mine. I might stick it in the shed one night just in case there's anything going on... Look forward to the rest! ? 

Here's a few more from a campsite near Nottingham

image.thumb.png.372c24060ee9e46170ed0f1d3c0bf34c.png

A rabbit, bottom left legging it!

image.thumb.png.abc2391216f22578ef93ec377cd3a4e6.png

image.thumb.png.239fade7ee878c6efc23f7e08fefed39.png

image.thumb.png.7f9579ffaf341f4a6796d5fd48ea7fba.png

Enjoy your!

Bob G

• Like 1

Brilliant, thanks for sharing ?

I hope to pick up similar, all I've had so far are two sparrows playing around, but better than nothing. Hoping to catch the fox which pops in every now and again soon.