Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2021 just round the corner

SCally

Hi, I booked my first storm chase, tour 1 2021, 6 months ago thinking 18 months is ages but it's less than a year to go now I'm so disappointed for you all with this craziness and to not being able to follow you on the forum for this year's adventures. I'm sure mother nature will still deliver an outstanding performance we can all follow from home ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

It's a fortunate thing you booked for next year and not this I suppose. It is a major disappointment we can't go this year, but we are doing the right thing, no matter how hard it is. Yes, thankfully there will still be storms next year, and we will all be a lot safer plus will be doing the right thing. Hopefully between now and next year won't drag too much. I personally won't be following things too closely thus year as it will just lead to me being on a downer. That's not good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
42 minutes ago, bristolstormchaser said:

It's a fortunate thing you booked for next year and not this I suppose. It is a major disappointment we can't go this year, but we are doing the right thing, no matter how hard it is. Yes, thankfully there will still be storms next year, and we will all be a lot safer plus will be doing the right thing. Hopefully between now and next year won't drag too much. I personally won't be following things too closely thus year as it will just lead to me being on a downer. That's not good!

It's been a very underwhelming season so far and looks like remaining so for the next week or so, Tours 1 and Tour 2 wouldn't have been classics!

• Like 1

US won't be opening its borders easily in my opinion.  Covid19 looks out of control in the USA and a vaccine is needed.  And I suspect the border won't open until many months after a vaccine has been introduced.   I hope we can chase 2021.

• 7 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

All very quiet in here. Anyone have any thoughts on whether trips to chase in the states will even be possible this year? 

Posted

I think this year is another write off. I'm certainly not even entertaining the idea. Might consider Arizona in summer though. 

Fingers crossed 2021 is as quiet as 2020 if we can't go

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Biden has announced he has no plans to change the travel bans any time soon, until there are hints of movement regarding that then it's curtains for this year sadly.