Back for another year of fun and because I haven't had anything this year so far.

boo.

• Like 2

I'm in - I cant count a very distant rumble as a storm. Worse this year as there have been so many near misses. 

I'm in here, probably will leave in July. We sometimes get one or two rumbles in July.

I used to live in a town not far away from here, which never had any thunderstorms when I lived there. As soon as I left, it now gets loads of storms, apparently, while where I currently live misses every single one. Go figure.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat, my hometown last year on the coast got some hum dingers. In beddy we get at least one ok storm and maybe a few claps but nothing on a par like i used to get down south.

But yeah no storms for me at present.

Storms have been in decline for years I think but I got more storms in essex than around here. Thst said a lot of the storms even back there waited patiently for me to go on holiday or be away for the weekend before striking!! 🤣

Posted (edited)

So it's back for another year. I'm here, the distant thunder I've heard so far this year wasn't enough to get out of here. 

Edited by matt111

So after all that beautiful potential... looks like yet another week at least before moving out of here. 😪

• Sad 1

Of course there will be more thunderstorms! I seriously won't be surprised if there will be a very severe storm with this heat. Today I hoped for a supercell- and was...dissapointed when the tornado warning did not manifest. 

But there have been 4 thunderstorms over Cambridge this year already, three of them on the 12th April and a very violent one on the 30th April. In addition to an awesome-looking cell near Bristol on the 1st March. 

• Like 1