Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Leigh On Sea firmly in the No Storms Club. Last Lightning here was July 2019 so we are coming up for a birthday, missed everything and only now we are getting some drizzle from the North Sea. Cant really see this location coming out of the club for quite some time.

Showers from a SE set Up dont deliver, nor from the South or South West as they head up into East Anglia. From the North West they fizzle around the Herts area from the Cheshire Gap, from the North or North East they fizzle over Suffolk, from the east they cant get across the cold North Sea and that leaves...............Westerly which get broken up by London to the west of us.

The only storms we can get are either a Cz zone set up where the winds have to align perfectly up the Estuary or a really hot plume event and I mean a proper plume with temps of over 34c in July or August.

Will be here a while but am guessing not too many people left

• Like 1

Posted

I mean I had to drive to go and get my storm - does that mean I’m in or out? Still nothing for my actual location. 

11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I mean I had to drive to go and get my storm - does that mean I’m in or out? Still nothing for my actual location. 

I did a round trip of 50miles yesterday For a couple of rumbles, I still consider myself in the no storm club. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

I still want to claim a spot, at least on the sides of this club.  Yesterday's near miss storm was down over Basingstoke and I didn't see any lightning from it - by the time I got to a nice vantage point it was dead. Nor did I actually see any lightning during Storm Ciara - it was just a couple of booms during a pathetic squall line.

That leaves July 2019's plume as the last time I saw a bolt of lightning; and given that was only a few weeks after I was in America seeing loads of the stuff, it's been a constant comedown since!

Roll on an actual, proper plume instead of this flabby low nonsense (great for the Midlands and NW, but not so much us and the North East!)

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Still in this club after last night's pathetic showing! I may just give up chasing in this country and wait for them to come to me (if that ever even happens!). Waste. Of. Petrol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes I still have a spot in here after not managing to get any the last few days, they all went around Barry, typical! Going on a few years since ive had a good storm, Maybe I'll get one before I turn 30 again in a few years

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Despite seeing distant lightning in the channel last night I’m still here

Posted

hi all, im in Gateshead, NE. Had some activity at the end of last week, lightening was visible even though storm was way out at sea. first time ive ever seen red lightening low down and white from cloud layer and above!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very :lazy:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

I guess I still qualify to be in this hell hole of a club. One clap of thunder experienced in April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I'm just popping myself in here now as haven't seen a decent storm in i cant remember and once again it looks like all the fun and games is going to be north of my location even after enduring this poxy heat

Posted

Watching as a bunch of interesting Ac Cas towers which are producing precip. once again move away to the NW, leaving me under the baking, boring sunshine.

I can see many of us staying in this club this week; it's repeatedly the same areas looking to do well, yet again. Roll on next year I guess, as I'm starting to think I'll go this one without even seeing a single bolt, let alone getting to photograph a storm. Many wasted camera battery charges and false optimism for set-ups that have yielded nothing for CS and SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

thought would post now as there has not been any thunder for  days  months years.

Posted

While I finally got 2 storms today and some amazing shotgun/general thunder and some nice CGs, the holy grail of a night time storm to photograph remains out of reach. 

Still, I'm now out of the club. Best of luck to the rest of you in following me.

Absolutely crazy the amount they're getting in Wales and the surrounding areas.

Posted

Starting to get annoyed now. Not only has every storm past to the east or west of me, I've still not seen a drop of rain for the whole of this month. On top of that, the met Office has forecasted rain for my area everyday this week so far, which has obviously failed to materialise!

Posted

Still here despite actually hearing thunder yesterday from a storm that passed to the north. 

Posted

I honestly believe parts of the Solent, Hampshire is the graveyard for storms. Not seen any for about three Years. The solent seems to have it's own micro climate. The murky drizzle is in abundance throughout the seasons, just like today!

Edited by Tony111

Posted

This year is certainly going up into the top 40 charts where exactly is a good question last 2 days have calmed down,next 3 days much more full of interest as the thundery low moves further north.