Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When will we reach 30c?

Posted

Or the other question is, will this summer fail to reach 30c?

35c has been achieved on and off since 2015, but could this summer see a shift, only time will tell. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

16th May, Inverbervie Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Going for one of best summers ever, lockdown summer so 30 degrees many times to be reached, early June first time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

June 15th 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

13th June, it's about time!

I think we will have a week of 30c days in mid-June, but then no 30c days for the rest of the summer. A good June but poor July and terrible August.

I think the average first 30c day of the year is 4th July.

Edited by B87

Posted
3 minutes ago, B87 said:

13th June, it's about time!

I think we will have a week of 30c days in mid-June, but then no 30c days for the rest of the summer. A good June but poor July and terrible August.

That’s what I’m thinking. Best month will be June, but I would rather sacrifice June and have a nicer August, despite slightly less light by then. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

That’s what I’m thinking. Best month will be June, but I would rather sacrifice June and have a nicer August, despite slightly less light by then. 

I'd much rather have a June and August like 1995, than a June and August like 1992.

We have had plenty of decent Junes in recent times, we haven't had a really good August since 2003.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, B87 said:

I'd much rather have a June and August like 1995, than a June and August like 1992.

We have had plenty of decent Junes in recent times, we haven't had a really good August since 2003.

1992 was like many of those 90s summers which started off well, but fell apart later on. 1996 was another one that started off well, but went downhill later. 

August 2018 and 2013 are the only ones since 2003 that could be classed as decent, and possibly 2016. 

Either way, it’s a poor run of Augusts despite a warming climate. I don’t think 2020 will see any improvement. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

32C, June 16th. Heathrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
23 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

1992 was like many of those 90s summers which started off well, but fell apart later on. 1996 was another one that started off well, but went downhill later. 

August 2018 and 2013 are the only ones since 2003 that could be classed as decent, and possibly 2016. 

Either way, it’s a poor run of Augusts despite a warming climate. I don’t think 2020 will see any improvement. 

August though is very troughy, Atlantic dominated month, but weak jet, so slower systems

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

It may be guaranteed in the south but here in the pennines most years it fails to reach 30deg!

Posted

August is meant to be almost identical to July though. Infact by sun percentage, it is the sunniest month of the year (even though July is the sunniest by total hours).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

8th of July 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Here is an interesting fact...where i live May is the only month of the year that has reached 30c every year since i have been here.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Here is an interesting fact...where i live May is the only month of the year that has reached 30c every year since i have been here.

That is strange, and by your recent posts, you’ve only just got rid of the cold weather, lingering from winter. 

I lived in Toronto for two summers, and June seemed to be the hottest month, but maybe that was just a fluke. Temps hit 30 or 32c in June quite frequently, but the toronto summer is more humid than the London one.

Lake Ontario must be the culprit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am guessing early July. But other than that I have a feeling that we are in for an average summer at the most.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

That is strange, and by your recent posts, you’ve only just got rid of the cold weather, lingering from winter. 

I lived in Toronto for two summers, and June seemed to be the hottest month, but maybe that was just a fluke. Temps hit 30 or 32c in June quite frequently, but the toronto summer is more humid than the London one.

Lake Ontario must be the culprit.

one of those odd facts we always hit 30c in May at some point..last year we only reached 30c once all year and that was in May..same thing happened in 2010 highest temp of the year came in Mid May 

Posted

Is it cautious thinking that this milestone may not be reached this year? I'll eat my words if it happens. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I am guessing early July. But other than that I have a feeling that we are in for an average summer at the most.

An average summer would see the first 30c reached on 4th July.

Posted
12 hours ago, NeilN said:

Is it cautious thinking that this milestone may not be reached this year? I'll eat my words if it happens. 

Anything is possible, but something in the air tells me 2020 won’t reach 30c.

I’ll gladly take the abuse that comes my way in October, if the opposite happens.

Posted
12 hours ago, NeilN said:

Yes it is cautious thinking. Even back in the 1980s, only 2 summers failed to reach 30c I think. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

29th June

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 04/05/2020 at 15:37, cheeky_monkey said:

one of those odd facts we always hit 30c in May at some point..last year we only reached 30c once all year and that was in May..same thing happened in 2010 highest temp of the year came in Mid May 

spoke too soon..have struggled to get much above 20c so far this May...looks like we might get 25c on Saturday..but that 30c anomaly is about to go