Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK Online Storm Series -

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing okay during this time.

Firstly, I'm new to the forum so hello to you all, it's wonderful to see people with like-minded love and enthusiasm for the weather.

The reason for my post, is i'm currently in the middle of doing my own online UK storm-series which i've been filming on-and-off since the beginning of the year. It's just a passion-project i've been doing in-between everything else film related. 
It's all come to a bit of a stand still at the minute (unless anything happens in London) but I've been taking this time to develop what's at the core of these films.

I've been looking through so many videos online for inspiration etc, but my question is, what is it that hooks and draws you to watching videos like this? As an example, if you were watching a storm chase video, do you prefer the rawness of its capture? or something that's more crafted? 
I understand the answer might be both, but I'm currently wrestling with the general tone but also figuring what could feel-fresh and more unique.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

All the best,

Chris

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine

Personally, the rawness because I want to feel like I'm there.  Detail is important to me too, charts, maps etc. 

However, a viewer that is less into storms might need the whole Netflix vibe to be drawn in. Methinks that is.

Edited by Chris Lea-Alex
Methinks
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
18 hours ago, Chris Lea-Alex said:

Personally, the rawness because I want to feel like I'm there.  Detail is important to me too, charts, maps etc. 

However, a viewer that is less into storms might need the whole Netflix vibe to be drawn in. Methinks that is.

I agree 100% with this. Rawness plus detail. 

• Like 2

Posted

Hi and welcome.  Personally it's the pure rawness, you can't beat a storm exactly as it happens. It's all about the anticipation too, looking at forecasts, charts and radar watching.  Good quality sound too, to capture a good crack of thunder like the sky is ripping apart does it for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
57 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Hi and welcome.  Personally it's the pure rawness, you can't beat a storm exactly as it happens. It's all about the anticipation too, looking at forecasts, charts and radar watching.  Good quality sound too, to capture a good crack of thunder like the sky is ripping apart does it for me.

I agree - great points.

Yes definitely, sound is equally as powerful & important as the visuals. I hope to cover that. 

Great username by the way, hemispheres is one of my favourite albums

• Like 1