Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 10th April 2020 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I can see lot's of cumulus clouds bubbling up looking east from N London across to Essex.. 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
23 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Would not be surprised to see more backbuilding

Sea Breeze Convergence setting up down the East Coast

image?type=visual&region=gb
EN.SAT24.COM

Weather United Kingdom and Ireland, Satellite Weather United Kingdom and Ireland, Weather Forecast, Rainfall, Clouds, Sun in United Kingdom and Ireland - SAT24.com

Funny how it often kicks off  just offshore over the North Sea, seen it countless times when a trough goes through - SE/EA left high and dry then as soon as it crosses the North Sea - BOOM! Fingers up at us.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Yet again, the Catatumbo North Sea effect! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Wow, I can see the Great Yarmouth cell from here. Pictures don't do their justice at all, it looks gorgeous!

IMG_1932[1].PNG

IMG_1934[1].PNG

Posted
5 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Wow, I can see the Great Yarmouth cell from here. Pictures don't do their justice at all, it looks gorgeous!

IMG_1932[1].PNG

IMG_1934[1].PNG

This giant is heading towards me but not on radar...-

15900629492651695856246.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, Zak M said:

IMG_1932[1].PNG

IMG_1934[1].PNG

The only thing I can tell you, Zak, is that, wherever that is it isn't over Great Yarmouth: I've just sweated my way home from Tesco, and have neither seen nor heard so much as a sausage... Though, if you could see it from, what, 100 miles away, it'd have be one heck of a storm!:oldlaugh:

Edited by General Cluster
Oops!
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
33 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Funny how it often kicks off  just offshore over the North Sea, seen it countless times when a trough goes through - SE/EA left high and dry then as soon as it crosses the North Sea - BOOM! Fingers up at us.

Guess it’s quite a good spot where the trough will likely intercept warm unstable air moving NEwards from the continent.

They put the UK in the wrong place

Posted
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Guess it’s quite a good spot where the trough will likely intercept warm unstable air moving NEwards from the continent.

They put the UK in the wrong place

A storm chasing boat is needed...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I’m seeing little to get excited about tonight except for eastern areas of perhaps Norfolk and Suffolk. There’s a relatively weak nose of instability across initially Kent then Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk between 01z and 05z with little signal this will result in rain (let alone storms). I might be tempted to set a 02:00 alarm on the off chance but otherwise keeping expectations at about 5%

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
19 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

HAHAHAHA THATS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU TRY TO STEAL STORMS FROM THE CENTRAL SOUTH!

Evil incarnate! such a nice day though, hot, sunny. At least we got that rather than drizzle

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Harry said:

I’m seeing little to get excited about tonight except for eastern areas of perhaps Norfolk and Suffolk. There’s a relatively weak nose of instability across the Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk between 01z and 05z with little signal this will result in rain (let alone storms). I might be tempered to set a 02:00 alarm ok the off chance but otherwise keeping expectations at about 5%

Looking at risk maps one comes in from South and cuts through Kent and the coast of East anglia, do you think I should stay up here in ramstate? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I can still make out some of the showers that have just departed Norfolk

37712536-0355-4627-AB4C-DD5B57F6E00A.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Looks like something is trying to bubble up a little way off to the East. Whether or not it succeeds is a different matter entirely...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not a cloud in the sky here, can't see anything bubbling in the distance anywhere either, but it is very humid as well as hot here. Phew. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, Mitch perrott said:

Looking at risk maps one comes in from South and cuts through Kent and the coast of East anglia, do you think I should stay up here in ramstate? 

The storm risk charts I don’t find very helpful. If I were you I’d set an alarm for around 01:30 and see what’s what - if nothing, straight back to bed.  That’s assuming you can sleep anyway as it feels as if tonight is going to be sultry and rancid 

Edited by Harry

Posted
1 minute ago, Harry said:

The storm risk charts I don’t find very helpful. If I were you I’d set an alarm for around 01:30 and see what’s what - if nothing, straight back to bed.  That’s assuming you can sleep anyway as it feels as if tonight is going to be sultry and rancid 

What time is the esofex warning for? Is that for tonight or was that for this morning 

Posted
39 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

The only thing I can tell you, Zak, is that, wherever that is it isn't over Great Yarmouth: I've just sweated my way home from Tesco, and have neither seen nor heard so much as a sausage... Though, if you could see it from, what, 100 miles away, it'd have be one heck of a storm!:oldlaugh:

I have to agree, we live what 25 miles from Yarmouth and nowt to see here, I can’t imagine unless you live on a very tall hill and have great binoculars you can see over here from Bedford, it’s a blimey long way away. We got a few light clouds but nothing to note since early morning which didn’t lead to anything. 

• Like 2