Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective discussion - 10th April 2020 onwards

Recommended Posts

whilst looking at windy. com it'll be as close as about a few 100 metres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly at lift off over East London - Lets see how this goes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First one popping off just over Dartford.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Nearly at lift off over East London - Lets see how this goes

I have a giant cumulusnimbus forming in the distance,  it's very very tall peaking over the cloud tops of the thinner cloud 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitch perrott said:

I have a giant cumulusnimbus forming in the distance,  it's very very tall peaking over the cloud tops of the thinner cloud 

Pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good to my South Eastish, hope everyone in the area of interest gets a good show. 

IMG_20200521_072824.jpg

IMG_20200521_072809.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20200521_073547.thumb.jpg.6c192d4b9ac996a9d3aaa0b2d8a03c11.jpggot 2 storms one that is mature and in the distance and one that looks like a squall line trying to form

15900431165446218174396593802753.jpg

15900431435131339712194913639567.jpg

15900431674184719272805858781326.jpg

15900433186465376400961908585733.jpg

15900433527323981753439168077795.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like cumulus congestus but one is growing really fast

3 minutes ago, KentHC_WX said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they are nowhere near thunderstorms or a squall line forming. My deepest apologies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xanderp009 said:

looks like cumulus congestus but one is growing really fast

 

Not a mature storm though sadly. Haven't seen any lightning mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can spot towers to my West in Mid-Suffolk

EC80CD18-5506-4847-AC3F-EF33980D3F65.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xanderp009 said:

they just vanished into thin air

i can strongly relate to the annoyance of thinking towers are going up before they decide "lol no" and dissipate, i always feel the need to timelapse anything looking like its starting to tower just incase i could get a cool timelapse, my neighbours must think I've lost the plot always looking out the windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no thunderstorms this morning forecasted so in the meanwhile time-lapse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm in Norwich and I love my new flat but I knew this would become an issue when storms were due.

My view to the west and south are somewhat restricted, plus I'm working from home and can't venture out ? at least not till after 4pm.

From what I can see though, it just looks like a hazy sky. But at least the sun is out ?

 

20200521_080837.jpg

Edited by Gonzolio Martinez
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky out back. Radar shows some light rain.

cloudypic.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no squall lines forming anywhere in the UK I am afraid. A squall line is a type of convective system whereby thunderstorms form along a narrow line and produce briefly very strong straight line winds, torrential rain and lightning (although lightning does not have to be present). A lot of the time people mistake a narrow band of rain on the radar as a squall line when it is actually just a narrow band of rain. Believe me, if a squall line went through you would know about it.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Supacell said:

There are no squall lines forming anywhere in the UK I am afraid. A squall line is a type of convective system whereby thunderstorms form along a narrow line and produce briefly very strong straight line winds, torrential rain and lightning (although lightning does not have to be present). A lot of the time people mistake a narrow band of rain on the radar as a squall line when it is actually just a narrow band of rain. Believe me, if a squall line went through you would know about it.

Do we declaretoday as a no show for thunderstorms? All development has seemed to just stop as the trough got closer , maybe the trough is cutting all the development off

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...