Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 10th April 2020 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Hello Everyone. Because I was bored and craving storms, I drew this remake of the 27/07/2018 CW Convective Outlook. I hope you like it!

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 12.20.14 (1).png

And what a day that was. I chased around Lincolnshire and caught several storms between 4am and 11pm.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
Just now, Supacell said:

And what a day that was. I chased around Lincolnshire and caught several storms between 4am and 11pm.

Lucky you. I was stuck where I was (as always), but managed to see very frequent lightning and multiple rounds of very intense storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Lucky you. I was stuck where I was (as always), but managed to see very frequent lightning and multiple rounds of very intense storms.

You were probably stuck in a very decent place in NW London. Lets hope for something similar this year

Posted
1 minute ago, Supacell said:

You were probably stuck in a very decent place in NW London. Lets hope for something similar this year

Yep! Should have said that it was a good thing to have been stuck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

i was in my usual place just veiwing the storm i think it was the most intense storm i have ever seen with about 3 lightning strikes per second for three hours or so and then i think i got the tailend of the storm at about half an hour before the sun came up and it was just amazing to see the sun rising up in the distance and lightning unfortunatly i have a new phone so that's annoying 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

^^ This was the storm here that night 27th July 2018 not sure how close the strike was but was a bright flash followed by nice gunshot thunder so I think it was pretty close (near start of vid)

• Like 1

Posted

looking at the u.s.a weather radar signs of rotation

Posted

looks like the possibility of a tornado in kansas i'm going to issue a 20-30% chance of f2-f4 tornadoes, a 50% chance of tornadoes overall because of how much it is rotating in such a quick time and also i would say a severe thunderstorm alert

and 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
48 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Hello Everyone. Because I was bored and craving storms, I drew this remake of the 27/07/2018 CW Convective Outlook. I hope you like it!

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 12.20.14 (1).png

That was an interesting day here! At 3am that day I got woken up by distant thunder and got treated to the most spectacular distant lightning displays to my north and east. And then in the late afternoon, two thunderstorms arrived at once. It was a pain because I didn't know what storm to record lol. I have two videos of loud thunder though on that day:

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

looking at the u.s.a weather radar signs of rotation

I can see it from here! :oldlaugh:

• Like 2

Posted

just seen the two tornado warnings also it's too cloudy here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

This is the UK convective thread,there is a American one here:-

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
39 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

looks like the possibility of a tornado in kansas i'm going to issue a 20-30% chance of f2-f4 tornadoes, a 50% chance of tornadoes overall because of how much it is rotating in such a quick time and also i would say a severe thunderstorm alert

I think you are making this up.

there are no tornado warnings at present, you can see where they are when they are released here...

WWW.TORNADOHQ.COM

In a tornado warning? Use our tornado tracker map to see if a tornado might be headed your way.

there is a 10% chance of tornado in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas, Kansas itself has a virtully nil chance today.

• Like 3

Posted
26 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I think you are making this up.

there are no tornado warnings at present, you can see where they are when they are released here...

WWW.TORNADOHQ.COM

In a tornado warning? Use our tornado tracker map to see if a tornado might be headed your way.

there is a 10% chance of tornado in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas, Kansas itself has a virtully nil chance today.

If there was a 20-30% chance we would be looking at a tornado outbreak and a SPC High Risk, especially with an EF2+ tornado risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back on topic for this thread, I presume nothing happened last night as expected? I did notice that rain that appeared over EA last night ahead of the front wasn’t really doing a lot. 

• Like 1

Posted

oh well unfortunatly i think the whole u.k storm calander has been moved forward a month 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I dunno what’s going on in here today but this is the convective thread about recent, current or forthcoming storms in the UK...

Instead we’ve got new forecasts for storms from 3 years ago, random guesses about tornado chances on a different continent and suggestions of convective activity that clearly isn’t modelled anywhere. It’s all getting rather confusing

I’m all up for a bit of banter but a lot of stuff is a little off-topic and misleading (just my opinion anyway).

Regarding Wednesday next week I think only one model was predicting chances of any activity, and even that was likely to be up in the far north. Quite unlikely to come to fruition IMO.

May I ask what model that was? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Nell McAndrews

Smh 

Posted
9 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Back on topic for this thread, I presume nothing happened last night as expected? I did notice that rain that appeared over EA last night ahead of the front wasn’t really doing a lot. 

No.nothing happened as regards to any lightning anywhere in the UK last night,we would just have to sit it out for a few days to see if anything pops up,the next point of interest would be later next week but this way too far out

my point in being next Friday>,if we can get this high pressure to build sufficiently more north/NW then this would draw in some warm-er plume type scenarios  ....watch this space

and finally we have all of summer for some better action so sit tight peeps

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

No.nothing happened as regards to any lightning anywhere in the UK last night,we would just have to sit it out for a few days to see if anything pops up,the next point of interest would be later next week but this way too far out

my point in being next Friday>,if we can get this high pressure to build sufficiently more north/NW then this would draw in some warm-er plume type scenarios  ....watch this space

and finally we have all of summer for some better action so sit tight peeps

Yeah that’s the thing keeping me going right now - it’s only May, and if we can keep this nice weather going we should get something on the horizon soon(ish)

Posted
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Yeah that’s the thing keeping me going right now - it’s only May, and if we can keep this nice weather going we should get something on the horizon soon(ish)

The UKMO has my interest as it places the high more north than most of the other models and becomes very warm,i just hope that it will be right as this will stop any Atlantic influence therefor keeping more heat in situ over the UK.

• Like 1