Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 10th April 2020 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

They Don't Look Big but they look fast probably straight on the Jet Stream. 

15871336909496048215189554756799.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Still think people are concentrating too Far East, the track seems to be pretty much straight up.

More Paula Abdul than Pet Shop Boys or Benny Blanco

Haha thanks  I live in Eastbourne right on the coast and I'm a lifelong Pet Shop Boys fan...I saw a couple of flashes of lightning last night out in the Channel before some night time low cloud rolled in over the Downs.

I hoping there will be some sort of infrequent lightning display later from 2200+ this evening 

Posted

extreme Thundersorms Are unlikely the North Atlantic is very cold but maybe some for places like Brighton te Midlands maybe as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 minutes ago, MR CB said:

Haha thanks  I live in Eastbourne right on the coast and I'm a lifelong Pet Shop Boys fan...I saw a couple of flashes of lightning last night out in the Channel before some night time low cloud rolled in over the Downs.

I hoping there will be some sort of infrequent lightning display later from 2200+ this evening 

another Eastbournian! Hey:). Hope you get lucky tonight.

And good choice of music, been a PSB fan for near 30 years!

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Afternoon all!

I was gonna post a bit earlier but I got a bit distracted. It has been another pretty fun Morning and early Afternoon, a lot of rain has fallen which had been heavy-very heavy for most of the time along with the odd torrential bursts. There were reports of Thunder early this Morning about 7amish but I slept through it. However the very back edge of the rain band had a nice little storm develop just to our SE. I was keeping an eye on it as had a feeling it was going to get a bit closer and produce some more. I was hearing thunder more frequently and getting a little louder. Managed to get close enough to hear some proper rumbles and seen some CC's but it stayed out just to our East. Was fun to see and hear though, took my opportunity for my daily walk to grab a couple of snaps. 

There were some interesting scenes as there was also a bank of low cloud looking over Ventnor and Shanklin downs, the bit of lighter sky between the storm and the bank of low cloud looked pretty cool . Unfortunately I had no proper camera on me this time so had to get my phone out. 

93272413_223975452033148_1028381690839433216_n.jpg

93597101_224674312125120_8167533603639525376_n.jpg

93709764_224195208669076_7937368264751972352_n.jpg

Great shots there... I can always add some lightning to them 

Been to the Sandown/Shanklin area quite a few times in past years and witnessed some great summer storms on the Isle Of Wight. One night sat in the car on Ventnor sea front was unreal with bolt after bolt of lightning

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dami said:

another Eastbournian! Hey. Hope you get lucky tonight.

And good choice of music, been a PSB fan for near 30 years!

Thank you and hello there.

Same here - nearly 30 years for being a PSB fan too! Along with thunderstorms!

Its actually turned partly sunny and warmer here after some brief moderate rain moved through. This will aid cell development on the other side of the Channel.

• Like 2

Posted

I Hope it stays warm evening is when it becomes a Thunderstorm or a Shower. 

Posted

Looks Like Canterbury will get a big Thunderstorm Whilst Overland many may Develop.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
4 minutes ago, OddSpot said:

Great shots there... I can always add some lightning to them 

Been to the Sandown/Shanklin area quite a few times in past years and witnessed some great summer storms on the Isle Of Wight. One night sat in the car on Ventnor sea front was unreal with bolt after bolt of lightning

Thanks mate apprciate the comment  

I do feel quite lucky to live in a place is so many insane views across all directions, Culver Downs, Brading Downs and Ventnor Downs are our go too spots normally, it really helps being a photographer too. I got this Photo from last July of some crazy storms, this hugeee Posi strike made my eyes water haha 

Fingers crossed for some good action later, could be potential anywhere along South Coast Tonight! 

81465147_10218404702487807_8639354719090769920_n.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Xanderp009 said:

Looks Like Canterbury will get a big Thunderstorm Whilst Overland many may Develop.... 

Although that cell is slow moving.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
18 minutes ago, MR CB said:

Thank you and hello there.

Same here - nearly 30 years for being a PSB fan too! Along with thunderstorms!

Its actually turned partly sunny and warmer here after some brief moderate rain moved through. This will aid cell development on the other side of the Channel.

I miss my hometown, especially at this time of year. I was lucky to be able to live right on the seafront for a few months and could watch the storms over the sea on the balcony. Don't get that in deepest darkest Bedford, lol.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Thanks mate apprciate the comment  

I do feel quite lucky to live in a place is so many insane views across all directions, Culver Downs, Brading Downs and Ventnor Downs are our go too spots normally, it really helps being a photographer too. I got this Photo from last July of some crazy storms, this hugeee Posi strike made my eyes water haha 

Fingers crossed for some good action later, could be potential anywhere along South Coast Tonight! 

81465147_10218404702487807_8639354719090769920_n.jpg

Went up Culver, I think, a few times because of the views when we were staying at Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park, but that stormy night at Ventnor (got some video somewhere) at the end of July one year will be difficult to beat. Oh and we were in a tent staying at Appuldurcombe Gardens Holiday Park

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Beautiful!

anvil.png

• Like 1

Posted

It Was Saying 7 Percent For both perhaps the storms aren't decaying.....

15871375772682372970818594638040.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Those cells moving away from the French coast should start to intensify given the CAPE in the surrounding areas, models do show some elevated CAPE later on extending over the south of UK, so hopefully these storms survive the channel and get to us with some intensity 

spacer.png

BE786164-5AF4-47BB-9DB0-24C6514DE997.png

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Hoping we at least get some rain as far northwards as where I live.  Been field fires for the last couple days between where I live and Chell/Bradeley.  We need a good damp down  

Posted

just looking at the showers that seem to have bubbled up on the Southern edge of the rain bad, slimmer of hope that they could produce the odd lightning strike. 
IT looks rather like a squall line that never fully materialised. 
Further to the South East, it looks far more unstable with some clouds towering 
(my sat 24 analysis) 

• Like 1