Competition - Guess the maximum temperature next week

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go, the first of some regular competitions while we're all under lockdown.  A nice simple one this week - guess / forecast the UK's maximum temperature next week between Tuesday and Satur

Thanks for all the entries. If you enter now, you're too late - but we'll have more comps over the coming days and weeks, all going into a leaderboard to eventually crown the overall winner. I'll

32.7°C, 10:02AM, Thursday, in Flash, Staffordshire

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Gravesend was taken down last year. Think as they were planning to build an amusement park.

Oh, cheers

Ill broaden my guess to Kent then

ta

22 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Sorry forgot location (West London)

Can I edit my guess please (23.5c and west London) ?

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Looks like a fair few have bitten the dust already! 22.2c at Porthmadog today going a fair bit above expected. My guess looks too low too, I think 23-24c is more likely now.

2 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Looks like a fair few have bitten the dust already! 22.2c at Porthmadog today going a fair bit above expected. My guess looks too low too, I think 23-24c is more likely now.

Yes, I can now see somewhere or a few places reaching those temps at some point this coming week.

Looking at GFS for this coming week, the 850HPa temps look surpressed to around +5c. and the temp forecasted is 21c for Wednesday. Accounting for a typical GFS underplay, I'll add a few degrees.

So my guess is 22.9c Wednesday London.

Thanks for all the entries. If you enter now, you're too late - but we'll have more comps over the coming days and weeks, all going into a leaderboard to eventually crown the overall winner.

I'll keep the thread updated with the latest daily maxes each day. 

• Like 6

I have attached a full list of entries.

There were 61 entries - with a (mean) average of 22.9c

Looking at Weatheronline (unofficial) today, a few sites got to 20c, with tomorrow looking a few degrees warmer.

daily.pdf

image.thumb.png.44766d7768fc70182f147a4033460d88.png

Edited by J10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1