Jump to content
CheesepuffScott

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Hard to believe that we are almost half way through the meteorological summer already. Time sure flies.

Are we? I never noticed it had started :oldlaugh:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coolest day of the month so far here today, and the first below 20c. High of 19.7c.

Average high for the month now just 21.6c, getting into 2007/2012 territory. 20mm already recorded, about half the average precipitation for the month. Hopefully it warms up to at least average soon. It does seem like it could get briefly hot in around 10 days, with temps above 30c.

WWW.WEATHERONLINE.CO.UK

London weather forecast 14 days - Rain risk - Wind direction - HDD CDD

 

Edited by B87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost the warmest day of the month here and it only just went above 20°C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matt111 said:

Almost the warmest day of the month here and it only just went above 20°C.

Horrible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this really the worst summer people can remember in places like Yorkshire and Hampshire i.e. worse than 2012?

I suppose the weather can vary a lot around the country.. however here 2012 gave 186mm of rain in June, then 74mm in 24 hours on the 6-7th July with severe flooding, and a max of 14.2C (I was in Holland with 27C and sunshine ironically).

In 2012, a whopping 3 days had exceeded 20C by this date, and only by the 23rd July, did that rise above 4 days.
June 2012 mean max: 17.4C

This year, 13 days above 20C so far, 4 above 25C. 96mm in June, 7.8mm so far in July. 
June 2020 mean max: 19.9C.

Not amazing but much better than 2012 here.

Edited by Evening thunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, matt111 said:

Almost the warmest day of the month here and it only just went above 20°C.

We haven’t even reached 20°C here yet this month! 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, B87 said:

Average high for the month now just 21.6c, getting into 2007/2012 territory. 20mm already recorded, about half the average precipitation for the month. Hopefully it warms up to at least average soon. It does seem like it could get briefly hot in around 10 days, with temps above 30c.

WWW.WEATHERONLINE.CO.UK

London weather forecast 14 days - Rain risk - Wind direction - HDD CDD

 

Warmer than the highest max I’ve had this month, which was around 18°C on the 1st I think. 😮 If I had got to the 11th July and only had one day below 20°C, that would be considered pretty good round here. July 2018 was like that, with very few days where it didn’t reach 20°C. My house is actually colder than your lowest max temp, sad but true. 😣

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

rubbish day again, mostly cloudy, cool wind, okay if April

Yes, same here, what happened to that sunny day they were forecasting for today? Even the very mediocre weather that they are forecasting keeps getting downgraded, and gets worse everytime you look at it. Next week for example, a few days ago it looked like being 20/21C temps with sun/clouds, now it looks like the mid to high teens and mostly cloudy with rain at times. 😞

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairly nice here today although the cloud is trying its best to ruin it. Still a bit on the cool side though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another lousy cloudy day in London despite being forecast sunnier spells, as usual clear as a bell early in morning then cumulus comes with a vengeance and then dissolves away as daylight fades. Lerwick has had more sun that London - atrocious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Another lousy cloudy day in London despite being forecast sunnier spells, as usual clear as a bell early in morning then cumulus comes with a vengeance and then dissolves away as daylight fades. Lerwick has had more sun that London - atrocious!

Yes, indeed a build up of cumulus here too but luckily hasn't spread out like it sometimes does.. seems to be diminishing a bit now.  Ironically today will probably be the coolest day of the month cet wise so far, despite it being the most summery so far this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

Is this really the worst summer people can remember in places like Yorkshire and Hampshire i.e. worse than 2012?

I suppose the weather can vary a lot around the country.. however here 2012 gave 186mm of rain in June, then 74mm in 24 hours on the 6-7th July with severe flooding, and a max of 14.2C (I was in Holland with 27C and sunshine ironically).

In 2012, a whopping 3 days had exceeded 20C by this date, and only by the 23rd July, did that rise above 4 days.
June 2012 mean max: 17.4C

This year, 13 days above 20C so far, 4 above 25C. 96mm in June, 7.8mm so far in July. 
June 2020 mean max: 19.9C.

Not amazing but much better than 2012 here.

This summer is not a patch on 2012 so far for grottiness. June 2012 was horrible, dull and very wet. July so far has been dull and cool, but mostly dry. I have an allotment and the weather this summer is good for working outdoors, pleasantly cool enough to not get sweaty, and just enough rain that I don't have the silly situation of having to dump 300 litres of water on my crops every week like I did in April and May. If the second half of summer carries on like July so far I agree it would be a poor one overall, but it is very rare for an entire season to have the same weather throughout, unless we are in a locked in weather pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t too bad today although I was expecting better. Sunny for a lot of the day but with a cool breeze which mean it was cooler than yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • High pressure this weekend but will it last?

    High pressure is taking charge of the weather this weekend, bringing lots of sunshine and increasing warmth. Will it last though? Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Michael Fish: Fine weekend coming up

    Michael Fish presents his latest weekly weather forecast looking ahead to the weekend and into next week. Watch the video here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...