Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
19 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Yep - I'm sorry, but that really hot day in July and one week of heat in August isn't going to save this summer from being very poor. All the best UK summers have been warm and sunny for the majority of the 3 month period. 1 week out of 12 isn't good. Plus the total lack of sun at times has been really depressing. So many 8/8 cloud days. 

4/10 for me.

I agree

......and there’s no need to apologise - it’s not your fault!  

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

I am not looking forward to the high winds forecast for the next two or three days.  We’ve had a lot of rain here and the ground is soaked, and with all the trees in full leaf I can see some damage being caused.  This summer has possibly been the most vivid example yet of the change to more extreme and even violent weather which climate change is predicted to bring about.  I wonder wether next year will bring even more record breaking temperatures, out of season gales and monsoon rains to the UK....

Gusts over 60mph possible in your local. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

And with that salutary warning, against eating too many baked beans before going down the 'local', I think I'd better go back to watching Ed Byrne, on Mock The Week!:oldlaugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Gone from breaking temperature records here, to breaking my wettest day record. Currently at 35.6mm.

RainDay.thumb.png.1cfe302b2a73ede22750ad828b286b85.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

had our hottest day for 2 years yesterday and our first 30c of the year..i thought it was hotter yesterday but we only crept over the line of 30c at 30.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

How anybody enjoys high humidity is beyond me...you really are bonkers! Nice 19c at moment but 100% humidity, it feels awful. By far the worst weather we get in the UK. No idea why some love this humid feel, very very strange.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

How anybody enjoys high humidity is beyond me...you really are bonkers! Nice 19c at moment but 100% humidity, it feels awful. By far the worst weather we get in the UK. No idea why some love this humid feel, very very strange.

A humid 19C is not uncomfortable at all. Especially when it's as breezy as today. It's only 23C+ when it might become uncomfortable, if very humid with little wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
40 minutes ago, markyo said:

Feels topical.  I love tropical weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
8 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Some people are asking if there’s a hurricane coming.

Dont worry.  There isn’t.....  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
8 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Jeez, that's one windy pub

• Like 3

Posted
45 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

A humid 19C is not uncomfortable at all. Especially when it's as breezy as today. It's only 23C+ when it might become uncomfortable, if very humid with little wind.

Inside a busy IKEA today with a mask I was sweating.

Posted
58 minutes ago, markyo said:

It didn’t feel humid in London today. It feel on the cool and fresh side. Quite a few degrees below average actually. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It didn’t feel humid in London today. It feel on the cool and fresh side. Quite a few degrees below average actually. 

It really does feel humid inside, last night was very humid I had trouble sleeping. It doesn’t feel cool at all to me. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
54 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Disagree totally..100% humidity at 19c for me is uncomfortable

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I think (as of now) I'd rate summer 2020 as slightly below average. Certainly some good parts, but a distinct lack of an extended period of sunny, warm (but not stupidly hot) weather. I'm only mildly interested in storms, so I'd rather have had more sunshine. OK it's probably true that I'm remembering the spectacular spring and perhaps judging summer a little harshly -- but I still don't think it's been great. July was especially poor, and the second half of August looks meh at best. The extended summer benefits from the amazing May, so if there's a good September then extended summer 2020 could end up above average. But barring a miracle in the next 10 days, the June/July/Aug period does not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
On 14/04/2020 at 14:15, Sunny76 said:

I think a poor summer is on the cards.

This will also set up the chance of a much colder winter for 20/21, but that’s another story.

June will be mixed, with warm and hot spells in between a few cooler days with humid and thundery periods. 

July will be a stinker and the poorest summer month. Long periods of cloudy cool and humid weather days. More thunderstorms breaking out on regular occasions over the London and south of England. 

August will be the best month of the summer, being slightly sunnier and the sunniest since 2016, with the hottest day of the year being recorded. It won’t hit higher than 30-32c for a more than a couple of days. 

Overall, I’m predicting a poor summer, with cooler temps, but also a higher frequency in thunderstorms, some of them will be severe. 

Weren't far off with this prediction!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Snow forecast for highest Scottish ground Sunday - not very summerlike, and a sign we are into latter stages of summer.

reminds me of late August, sadly summer is nearing the end

Posted
51 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Weren't far off with this prediction!

Yeah, although I didn’t think we would reach 35-37c this summer, but apart from that, my prediction for a poor summer has come to fruition. 

Still have winter 2020/21 as a colder one, but it won’t be a front loaded winter, which unfortunately means no snow before Christmas, but colder conditions between Christmas Day and the New Year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Sunny76 said:

Yeah, although I didn’t think we would reach 35-37c this summer, but apart from that, my prediction for a poor summer has come to fruition. 

Still have winter 2020/21 as a colder one, but it won’t be a front loaded winter, which unfortunately means no snow before Christmas, but colder conditions between Christmas Day and the New Year. 

South/low ground aye, but Scots won't agree, 300m up, virtually guaranteed snaw

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

South/low ground aye, but Scots won't agree, 300m up, virtually guaranteed snaw

I feel it could be something we haven’t seen for a while, perhaps a 2017/18 upgrade, or maybe a January 1987. I’m going to be bold and say, we will see something like that at some stage during the coming winter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
4 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

How do you define fresh? Because it was 19°C and 97% humidity in London today. 

• Like 2