Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Not sure about quickly but it depends on where one lives. 

Grey skies here and just 16c

D1B91995-B713-49E1-849A-F0D91277BC9A.thumb.png.1dd5cad82f9d10801fbd288c753749b7.png

image?type=visual&region=gb
EN.SAT24.COM

Weather United Kingdom and Ireland, Satellite Weather United Kingdom and Ireland, Weather Forecast, Rainfall, Clouds, Sun in United Kingdom and Ireland - SAT24.com

It’s getting a shift on since 9am. Follow the sequence through. I’m just on the boundary now here in Cambridge with some flecks of blue appearing, another half hour and the skies will be clear  

Posted

No plus 20c mins last night ....... the breeze will drop out by tomorrow evening.  I think Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights present the best chance of breaking the overnight low record ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
12 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

We don’t have the pleasure of them stunning palm trees here in Brum or for most parts of the UK if I’m thinking about it ....but here’s one I made earlier

1BF3EFFB-CB57-4DF4-854A-A63041ED9F75.thumb.jpeg.c474149ba98fc68eca410ed7c6dd0d7b.jpeg

Plenty of large CIDPs, chamaerops and trachys in London.

• Thanks 1

Really really sluggish start temp wise, guess even where we have the sun of the south coast we are advecting cool surface air from under the cloud further north. Temps only just going past 21c.

Posted

More an easterly drift today, so it’s taking more time to heat the lower level of air.

Tomorrow looks like being sourced more from the continent.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Heatwave? What heatwave!

More overhyped rubbish more like.

One day of upper 20s on Friday then upper teens yesterday and grey skies this morning with another day of fresh north easterly winds

There's a heatwave in the SE of England & East Anglia. There was never one suggested for the NE? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Feels very pleasant in the shade this morning. Currently about 21c in London. Forecast high of 34c today. No cloud here, sun is shining.

• Like 1

Posted

A couple of  things I don’t know why is bothering me is met office forecast and bbc forecast, 1 - the app forecasts keep changing hourly e.g temp and cloud cover and have seemed way in accurate.

2- metoffice latest forecast for Monday - Wednesday the words very warm or hot - they are suggesting a high of possible 37 tomorrow that suggests it should be very hot, weather charts suggest low to mid thirties possibly high thirties, so they should be saying hot or very hot not very warm, very warm category to me is 28- 30 degrees BBC forecasters are doing the same it’s annoying.

sorry for the rant but it’s buggering me lol

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Really really sluggish start temp wise, guess even where we have the sun of the south coast we are advecting cool surface air from under the cloud further north. Temps only just going past 21c.

Yes i think it might be a struggle to get past 32C here today - at 24C currently in perfect conditions, not rising quickly enough to make me think we can match yesterday's 34C. Looks like the hottest stuff really is in the SE corner today in Kent/E Sussex, less N Sea influence perhaps.

Though Bournemouth Airport was 23C degrees at 10am, perhaps it's in a more favourable spot than you?

Edited by Man With Beard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Actually 23c in London, not 21c. I think we will see a pretty rapid rise in temperature over the next few hours. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, clark3r said:

A couple of  things I don’t know why is bothering me is met office forecast and bbc forecast, 1 - the app forecasts keep changing hourly e.g temp and cloud cover and have seemed way in accurate.

2- metoffice latest forecast for Monday - Wednesday the words very warm or hot - they are suggesting a high of possible 37 tomorrow that suggests it should be very hot, weather charts suggest low to mid thirties possibly high thirties, so they should be saying hot or very hot not very warm, very warm category to me is 28- 30 degrees BBC forecasters are doing the same it’s annoying.

sorry for the rant but it’s buggering me lol

Yes I can see how that can be a pain in the bum 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

It’s getting a shift on since 9am. Follow the sequence through. I’m just on the boundary now here in Cambridge with some flecks of blue appearing, another half hour and the skies will be clear  

It better get a move on then, I’m freezing my tits off here!!! 

At just 17c and with this stiff breeze it certainly don’t feel like summer ATM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow
1 hour ago, B87 said:

Plenty of large CIDPs, chamaerops and trachys in London.

What are CIDPs? I have the others in my garden here in midlands, trachys grow well her also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
36 minutes ago, Paceyboy said:

What are CIDPs? I have the others in my garden here in midlands, trachys grow well her also.

Canary Island date palms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Only 21.1C at Bournemouth, about 6-7C behind where I'd expect to see a 32-34C day....

25.3°C here, but very slow rising today.

The latest UKV lowering expectations by quite a lot compared to last night's runs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

14c currently,full cloud, good breeze....heaven! This week could be a challenge though,not looking forward to it.

Just now, Mapantz said:

25.3°C here, but very slow rising today.

The latest UKV lowering expectations by quite a lot compared to last night's runs.

Lol trade off, we've got the sun today but not the right surface conditions. Until things warm up inland we'll only slowly warm. Wouldn't mind betting temps rise all the way gone 6pm again. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Lol trade off, we've got the sun today but not the right surface conditions. Until things warm up inland we'll only slowly warm. Wouldn't mind betting temps rise all the way gone 6pm again. 

Quite possibly.

A lot of cloud spilling in here now. Sunshine almost gone.

Sunshine now gone.

Edited by Mapantz

1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Quite possibly.

A lot of cloud spilling in here now. Sunshine almost gone.

Oh gawd, just looked at Satellite, its just appearing out of nowhere.....its never straighforward....

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Oh gawd, just looked at Satellite, its just appearing out of nowhere.....its never straighforward....

lol yup

This time yesterday was 28°C

Temp falling away now the sunshine has gone.

1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

lol yup

This time yesterday was 28°C

Temp falling away now the sunshine has gone.

Its not completely filling in on satellite so sun should be back within the hour.