Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

If people think today is warm, they really are not cut out for an average summer. Today is nice, but it’s not warm enough to sit around in a t shirt outdoors.

17c in London. Nothing spectacular!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
38 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

If people think today is warm, they really are not cut out for an average summer. Today is nice, but it’s not warm enough to sit around in a t shirt outdoors.

17c is about 5c below normal for early September as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It’s 19c here and mostly sunny with barely a breeze, everyone here seems to find it warm enough still in shorts and t shirt, It’s still very warm in that sun.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

15 degrees here, I have been wearing a coat out as it's cloudy and windy. Most people doing the same. I also have the heating on to keep a comfortable 20 degrees indoors. 15 degrees is chilly, not even remotely warm - warm is mid-20's upwards. 19-23 is normal room temps.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Not bad at all today,certainly t shirt and shorts weather still, nice 15c, both indoors and out. Finding it far better than last month. And cheaper!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Coopsy said:

It’s been a great extension of summer here in the SE corner. Shorts and t shirt weather again today with strong warm sunshine. Looking good for the next week too. Though a noticeable chill in the evening as the sun sets. 

Well I’ve been down in East Sussex coast for opening week of September I’m doubtful weather will be so different I wouldn’t go that far, It’s not that warm with cool wind and sunshine been struggling it shows you originally come from Canada? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

ECM seasonal outlook is here, for those with eyes on Autumn and beyond: https://effis.jrc.ec.europa.eu/applications/seasonal-forecast/

A below average September is forecast, with October to January all close to average. Precip forecasts vary from one month to the next.

December looks to have the most potential. Average temperatures and above average precip.
SeasonalAnomalies_T2m_20200901_m4.png SeasonalAnomalies_Rain_20200901_m4.png

Posted
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

It’s 19c here and mostly sunny with barely a breeze, everyone here seems to find it warm enough still in shorts and t shirt, It’s still very warm in that sun.

19c is mild, but not warm and certainly not warm enough for shorts. I stopped wearing shorts once it dropped below 23c.

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Not bad at all today,certainly t shirt and shorts weather still, nice 15c, both indoors and out. Finding it far better than last month. And cheaper!!!!

Yeah, so you keep saying. Do you want a medal for not wearing a jacket, or turning the heating on in winter? Lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yeah, so you keep saying. Do you want a medal for not wearing a jacket, or turning the heating on in winter? Lol

You've lost me, what are you talking about? Very strange post

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
3 hours ago, markyo said:

I wish i had your thermostat,i have always struggled when cool especially any breeze.Unfortunately this morning it was 10 deg,windy,cloudy and light drizzle and i couldny live without a thin sweater and thin coat and certainly no shorts.even later in the day a thin sweater at best.My thermostat has me reaching for shorts an t shirt with 'Sunny 76' at 18 deg minimum and sunny but am very much at home 25 deg+ when you are at the point of insanity.

Posted

29C and sunny here today. Perfect beer garden weather. So unfresh and unautumnal. Love it!

Cooler for the next few days but still low to mid-20s, which will do me. 

Edited by AderynCoch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, markyo said:

You've lost me, what are you talking about? Very strange post

Believe me he loses everyone...first post I've read today of his (just scrolling down this thread) and yet again telling us what 19c is for the time of year and what he would or wouldn't be wearing :oldrofl: He also likes handing out badges and medals as well...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, General Cluster said:

I've needed my body warmer twice since late March...:shok:

Is that abnormal for you and do you have to wear it more often and can you go into a bit more detail like a certain someone on here?

Posted
6 hours ago, Freeze said:

Exactly what I was saying. This morning it was blue skies, no breeze and the sun was strong. It was warm. Air temp doesn’t alway tell the full story. 

5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Well I’ve been down in East Sussex coast for opening week of September I’m doubtful weather will be so different I wouldn’t go that far, It’s not that warm with cool wind and sunshine been struggling it shows you originally come from Canada? 

You’d be surprised. We have very different weather here within a few miles with downs and the sea having their various impact. Today was warm as there wasn’t a breeze for a while here and strong sunshine with blue skies. Lots of people in shorts and t shirts so can’t just be me. Mind you you’re right - the Canadian cold runs deep in me

Edited by Coopsy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
4 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Is that abnormal for you and do you have to wear it more often and can you go into a bit more detail like a certain someone on here?

It was the 8th of October 2014 and I only needed a light jacket and shorts And my living room was 18 degrees

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

29C and sunny here today. Perfect beer garden weather. So unfresh and unautumnal. Love it!

Cooler for the next few days but still low to mid-20s, which will do me. 

27°C here yesterday, had a brief thundery shower too. Lovely weather, nights are cooler but days are still warm. Cold can wait (and wait lol)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Been pretty-much the norm for me, since my moving south in 2010... I haven't felt cold in summertime, for years.:shok:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Isn’t it time to say goodbye to this thread? Summer left us nearly a week ago.....time to talk autumn people!

• Like 4

Posted
36 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Isn’t it time to say goodbye to this thread? Summer left us nearly a week ago.....time to talk autumn people!

There is an autumn moans and banter thread for those that want to talk autumn 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 hours ago, mb018538 said:

to me it's still summer, just the Atlantic more active now, but can still get 30 degrees in right setup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

to me it's still summer, just the Atlantic more active now, but can still get 30 degrees in right setup

Yes but we’re on a weather forum, so should follow the meteorological definitions really!