2016: 271
1991: 265
1992: 260
2008: 253
2011: 247
2007: 244
2012: 233

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Coolies have had so little to moan about this summer, I dread to think what a normal or even good summer would result in..!

Ho hum. We roll on into autumn and today actually resembles August the 32nd!

• Like 3

Posted

Lake District Summer 2020, poor overall. Very wet, very cloudy, temps overall very average with a couple of shots of heat.

July was a shocker, abysmal month. Second half of August poor. June was mixed very wet middle and end. First half of August saved it from being one of the worse. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

cant believe summer is over already only seems like last week was June 1st

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I think the lockdown made summer move faster this year, if that makes sense. 

i have not been in lockdown ..my work life balance has remained pretty much unchanged

Posted
6 hours ago, MP-R said:

Coolies have had so little to moan about this summer, I dread to think what a normal or even good summer would result in..!

Ho hum. We roll on into autumn and today actually resembles August the 32nd!

We’ve had what I’d say is an incredible 5/6 months of weather here in north Kent. I think this little corner is certainly the exception. I’ve never had such a strong t shirt tan and not got out of the shorts yet. I think I’m at 6 times I’ve got the waterproofs out when walking, which is daily 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

It was a poor Summer overall here. Very cloudy, wet with only a handful of days with proper warmth/heat. The rest of it was pretty mediocre. Had one of the coolest July's for years as well.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i have not been in lockdown ..my work life balance has remained pretty much unchanged

Ok, well it did go quick. I often find once we get past the end of May, September just seems to come round quickly, and you haven’t had time to enjoy the summer fully. 

Lockdown made it move faster for us,  because people were waiting for restrictions to be gradually lifted, some of which are still place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

We’ve had what I’d say is an incredible 5/6 months of weather here in north Kent. I think this little corner is certainly the exception. I’ve never had such a strong t shirt tan and not got out of the shorts yet. I think I’m at 6 times I’ve got the waterproofs out when walking, which is daily 

Aye Coopsy, it's nae been bad at all... I've nae worn a waterproof since God knows when, and I haven't needed a pullover, since late March!:oldgood:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It was a poor Summer overall here. Very cloudy, wet with only a handful of days with proper warmth/heat. The rest of it was pretty mediocre. Had one of the coolest July's for years as well.

Yes July 2020 was pretty awful. Probably the worst in the London area since 2012, and going even further back, one that could match 1988 for miserable weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Aye Coopsy, it's nae been bad at all... I've nae worn a waterproof since God knows when; and I haven't needed a pullover, since late March!:oldgood:

It really has been a different Spring/Summer for us hasn’t it. Honestly its been one of my favourites 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, Coopsy said:

It really has been a different Spring/Summer for us hasn’t it. Honestly its been one of my favourites 

Thank goodness... I thought I was the only one who thinks so!:oldgood:

And now we must give way to all those who think every winter should be like 1963!:oldlaugh:

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

The spring was a lovely mix of chilly sunshine days mix with warm in the sun, chilly in the shade days, and a warm sunny May. Early June was promising, but it kind of went downhill during the main summer.

There were plenty of days I used the bike, but I just wish it was a sunnier summer overall. 

I guess we will have to wait another few years before another 2018 type summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
22 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

The spring was a lovely mix of chilly sunshine days mix with warm in the sun, chilly in the shade days, and a warm sunny May. Early June was promising, but it kind of went downhill during the main summer.

Indeed, no hiding the below par sunshine. July and August were almost identical in that respect here, but August much wetter (all from the 13th onwards).

Overall, a disappointing summer, although I'd be thoroughly depressed if we'd had a poor spring and no hot spell in August. The spring was a bonus! Now, most of my tan has also gone, starting its steady slide in July and never quite recovering.

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Indeed, no hiding the below par sunshine. July and August were almost identical in that respect here, but August much wetter (all from the 13th onwards).

Overall, a disappointing summer, although I'd be thoroughly depressed if we'd had a poor spring and no hot spell in August. The spring was a bonus! Now, most of my tan has also gone, starting its steady slide in July and never quite recovering.

Agree the summer was made far more tolerable on the back of the excellent period between mid March and end of May, had we experienced a cool unsettled Spring then we definitely would be feeling shortchanged this year. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Ok, well it did go quick. I often find once we get past the end of May, September just seems to come round quickly, and you haven’t had time to enjoy the summer fully. 

Lockdown made it move faster for us,  because people were waiting for restrictions to be gradually lifted, some of which are still place.

Probably as i was really looking forward to summer after the long cold winter...summer has just flown by even the end of April when the snow finally disappeared seems like no time at all ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Summer 2020 against the 1981-2010 anomaly/average:

7726068C-4DB7-431A-9B59-7D12C98AAB11.thumb.png.a8abc0b0de993384258665754c93f0d4.png8EAF980B-0092-442E-B2D0-7149938B8EA6.thumb.png.01b7b106b59daae40d312fa9e7dd7b57.pngA203D76C-0542-407E-AC5C-FA5D9DA9F7A3.thumb.png.6f378a84288366d9b0332901d8a174f8.png

7CAED5B4-B223-49D5-B758-7FB17630244D.thumb.gif.ea37709c1b44339cd8bdc2f29d688d50.gif

Roll on Summer 2021! 

All the best to you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Very pleasant afternoon in Wolverhampton.  Making the most of extended Bank Holiday with a couple of days leave. Tour about a few pubs and taking in the T20 cricket England game with a few beers. Nice day. Nice evening. Something about late summer/early Autumn as the evenings draw in. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Recorded my highest temperature in 4 years this summer but apart from that it was hardly a great summer here although I wouldn't say it was particularly bad either. July wasn't great but June and August at least had some decent summery weather at times, even if it wasn't particularly long lasting. I did think at one point August would end up being the wettest month of the year so far with those few days when a lot of rain fell but in the end it fell short of that.   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It could’ve been worse

Posted
5 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Agree the summer was made far more tolerable on the back of the excellent period between mid March and end of May, had we experienced a cool unsettled Spring then we definitely would be feeling shortchanged this year. 

I don’t quite follow you here, surely it makes the summer feel even more worse? I’m very happy we had that amazing spring but it does seems like a lifetime ago. I want great summer weather in summer not spring, utilising the longest days and when I’m not working.

I’m very pleased by premise of my summer forecast. 

B260514E-A0E4-4D6E-B111-E0EE37844169.thumb.png.386055e4c5d8b1135326e471f11be599.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1