Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
17 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

You could always be here,the second day in a row with a high of 12 deg in August!

That's probably the same anomaly though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
8 hours ago, markyo said:

I suggest you take a look at the title of this thread!

Enjoying your BBQ bank holiday weekend?

Posted
7 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

But it's easier to put on a coat to warm up than it is to cool down in mid to high 30s.

We mustn't forget we live in the UK and we are not guaranteed Mediterranean summers, quite the opposite. ☔

Yeah better to be a bit chilly at the train station and then get on a nice warm train than to wait outside on an open platform with the sun beating down on you, then get on a train with no opening windows and broken air con, as I had the misfortune of doing in August last year when I was travelling home from my holiday in Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
7 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lucky you! Was sunny in the morning but was mostly cloudy from lunchtime onwards, and felt distinctly chilly with a max of  14.6°C at 19:28! Also dropped to about 4C in the wee hours!  

Felt like late October, awful.

In my opinion I would say lucky you as I’d prefer some colder night time temps at the moment, but day temps are ok to me reached 18c here on the south coast and mostly sunny   

Posted
5 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I despair of this thread sometimes! It's always the same members involved in childish squabbles and the content in the posts is almost identical each time the squabbles occur.

I love it! Especially the arguing between Sunny76 and Markyo. More entertaining than what passes for telly nowadays lol.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Freeze said:

In my opinion I would say lucky you as I’d prefer some colder night time temps at the moment, but day temps are ok to me reached 18c here on the south coast and mostly sunny   

Why’s that? Is your house super well insulated or something?

Posted
3 hours ago, marky810 said:

As the sun begins to set the sky begins to clear. What causes this please?

I was wondering the same thing. Been cloudy during most of the day and clear at night for four days in a row. So annoying! Wish it was the other way around! Warm sunny days and warm cloudy nights are so much nicer than cold clear nights and chilly overcast days.

Posted
4 hours ago, Daniel* said:

It makes me laugh how more people can’t tolerate cool weather in this country? We had 6 straight days above 33C in London unprecedented you can’t get used to that.

It was uncomfortable without luxury of AC just the facts. At least now sleeping is an easy task! I’ve still found it warm with cooler weather in second half, today has felt much fresher feels actually like an October day.

Yes the only good thing about it though. 18-19C in the house, great for sleeping, but arms and legs have to be covered once more during waking hours to avoid goosebumps.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

@East Lancs Rain

Forum tip: When replying to multiple users, instead of making a quick succession of individual posts, hit the + (multi quote) button under each post you want to reply to, then you can reply to all of them in a single post. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Why’s that? Is your house super well insulated or something?

Not really, I just prefer cold mornings and evenings come this time of the year. 

Posted
3 hours ago, B87 said:

I remember summer days pre-2007 seemed to start off cloudy, got sunnier as the day went on, and then clouded over again in the evening with convection. 

These days, it starts clear, clouds over by midday and then clears up again in the evening! 

Yes it definitely is at the moment. So annoying. Wish it was the other way around, as it used to be, cloudy early mornings, sunny afternoons, cloudy nights.

Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Heating is on low now. Flat is freezing. Couldn’t resist it. Don’t mind the fresh feeling, but sitting in the flat and still feeling cold with a jumper on. 

This flat is old, so holds the heat in hot weather, but we lose the warmth once the daily temp slips back to mid to high teens.

Yeah put the heating on briefly yesterday, but got the de-humidifiers on now which now only reduce dampness (which makes it feel warmer anyway) but also blow out warm air. 19C in the house at the moment which ain’t too bad for up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
22 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Why are people moaning about people moaning on the moans chat?

And why are you moaning that others are moaning over others moaning on the moans chat? But now it appears that I am moaning that you are moaning over others moaning over the fact that others are moaning over those who are moaning on the moans chat. 

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

At least we've had varied conditions this August to keep some interest, I guess.. If it was constantly average we'd get complaints of the mundane/samey nature of our climate.

After all strings of 10C+ above average days like earlier in August have to be balanced out somehow to give our climate averages.

Today was quite nice here, 18C and mostly sunny. This summer has been a mixed bag here (like you'd expect in a British summer really). Perhaps a little more on the 'poor' side for rainfall/sunshine but not too bad overall and not as bad as some other parts of the country.

I wouldn’t be complaining if it was 21-25C and sunny intervals every day, that would be perfect summer weather for me.

The south west hasn’t done too badly this weekend, sheltered from those northerly winds. Very much the exception to the rule.

Apart from the few hot days, this summer has been very poor up here in north west England, esspecially July.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

And why are you moaning that others are moaning over others moaning on the moans chat? But now it appears that I am moaning that you are moaning over others moaning over the fact that others are moaning over those who are moaning on the moans chat. 

Mr brain hurts...

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Sorry but i could get very used to that,here in the Pennines we are deprived of your suffering we had one day that hit 30 deg,we are 'blessed with  conditions 5 deg cooler than the south[10 deg in the heatwave],windier,cloudier,wetter,far more snow and ice,just about all you crave.There are peoples all over the world that endure months of temps into the 40s,i really dont know how 6 days out of 365 can be so bad!

It is if you’re not used to it! Just a classic case of the grass being greener on the other side!

Posted

Gosh, just realised I have spent about the last hour reading and replying to other posts! What am I doing with my life?

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Gosh, just realised I have spent about the last hour reading and replying to other posts! What am I doing with my life?

Don’t forget to refer to Mapantz’s post above lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Woken by the babies at 5, nipped outside and got my first taste of the "bloody hell that's a bit fresh" in a long time

Posted
11 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I love it! Especially the arguing between Sunny76 and Markyo. More entertaining than what passes for telly nowadays lol.

Glad I can be so entertaining. If my co workers and mrs knew I was procrastinating on a weather forum, arguing about the lack of good weather, I think they might have some interesting things to say to me

Cup of tea and some house music, to welcome in this final day of summer. Oh yeah, what summer!! Lol

While East lancs stirs the pot

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 2

Posted

Went to Komárno yesterday, across the Danube from Hungary. 35C and beer go very well together. Probably the last very hot temperatures I will experience this year.

IMG_20200830_123006.thumb.jpg.3eca94e3b97b35db0735adf9481da0c8.jpgIMG_20200830_122705.thumb.jpg.f5d398a8796d161148a0fdaac2671962.jpg

Tomorrow will be a shock to the system (high of 18C!) but it's at least looking fairly warm after that. I'm not ready for autumnal freshness just yet. 

• Like 2

Posted

Cool and fresh but a lovely morning with clear blue sky and white fluffy clouds! ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Cold night in London with a low of 8.1c, the coldest temperature since 7th June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Fitting end to the summer, just 5°C last night, coldest of summer, on my birthday of course.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!
4 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Fitting end to the summer, just 5°C last night, coldest of summer, on my birthday of course.

Happy birthday  

• Like 1