Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

What utter nonsense, you really haven't understood the situation we are now in sadly. So every proper climate scientist is wrong? Wow.

We understand fully, but don’t need you doom mongering every time we get a spell of decent heat. 

• Like 6

Posted

Are folk getting confused by the time scale EES is showing, its millions of years from one climate to the next. I, simple soul that I am, inless I am totally misreading the above graph see no confliction between it and the dangerous situation we are in now. Man, many millions of years ago, there were few if any humans, today we have several billion and many live at very low levels which are increasingly prone to flooding as the ice on Greenland and the Antarctic sub continent melt. Surely all this is fact to most of us?

I should add that global warming is a fact as far as I am concerned.

Edited by johnholmes
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
19 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Source: Climate.gov 

I wouldn’t be saying any of it if there was nothing to challenge it! Have some decency please. 

157E3D04-2B51-4DE6-801A-7675AFCA8020.png

Sorry, i just can't get my  head around  your view, to me it makes no sense. It's the rate of change, that graph just proves it!

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Sorry, i just can't get my  head amount your view, to me it makes no sense. It's the rate of change, that graph just proves it!

It’s people that blame every single extreme nowadays on global warming that irritates me, as if it’s never happened in the past. It’s nothing new at all that we see a day of 35c in summer every now and then. I wasn’t initially even on about global mean temperatures, but more about the weather in Britain. We see a day of 36-37c and it’s straight onto the bandwagon of global warming and it not being normal.. I can’t get my head around that either. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

It’s people that blame every single extreme nowadays on global warming that irritates me, as if it’s never happened in the past. It’s nothing new at all that we see a day of 35c in summer every now and then. I wasn’t initially even on about global mean temperatures, but more about the weather in Britain. We see a day of 36-37c and it’s straight onto the bandwagon of global warming and it not being normal.. I can’t get my head around that either. 

Agreed. Am definitely not a climate change denier - far from it and it does massively worry me how the human race is trashing our beautiful planet. But every time we get some hot weather in the UK, it’s the usual melodrama on here that Armageddon is coming. Like the UK never had hot weather before 1960. It’s exhausting. People need to get off their backsides and do something about it. Constant whining achieves nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Agreed. Am definitely not a climate change denier - far from it and it does massively worry me how the human race is trashing our beautiful planet. But every time we get some hot weather in the UK, it’s the usual melodrama on here that Armageddon is coming. Like the UK never had hot weather before 1960. It’s exhausting. People need to get off their backsides and do something about it. Constant whining achieves nothing.

Not only that, even the storms too. There have been many disasters over the century that have resulted in catastrophes way before the global warming hype took over. The 1947 floods after the snow, and never forgetting the 1953 east coast storm surge. 

I think we can all agree that global warming is happening, no doubt about it. But to associate extremes and dangerous events entirely on global warming is complete boulder dash. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Not only that, even the storms too. There have been many disasters over the century that have resulted in catastrophes way before the global warming hype took over. The 1947 floods after the snow, and never forgetting the 1953 east coast storm surge. 

I think we can all agree that global warming is happening, no doubt about it. But to associate extremes and dangerous events entirely on global warming is complete boulder dash. 

It’s the increasing frequency of extreme events that is the issue.

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

It’s the increasing frequency of extreme events that is the issue.

That's exactly the point. Far to many heads are buried in the sand i'm afraid. This summer records went,last summer records went, last Autumn rain fall records went, the list goes on and on. We could get record cold this winter, who knows. And its not as though its only in the UK! I struggle to see how folk can't comprehend this. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

But it’s not knowing which extremes are caused by global warming and which are not. Most people keep pinning the blame on every single event that happens on global warming, which is wrong. The reason it seems like it’s happening more frequently is because there are more and more people nowadays keeping a closer eye on it worldwide unlike centuries ago. 

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
20 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Well its a very good tool if you want to keep track of 'today' and what happened years back...MetO use this on their CET tracker.

It’s about time they got with the times and moved to 81-2010. Like it or not, 61-1990 is no longer representative of our modern climate, esspecially in winter.

• Like 2

Posted

Sunny intervals and showers, brisk westerly wind, 16 degrees, at least Markyo will be happy. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

If you understand the factors that cause extreme events, and you understand how climate change can alter those factors, then you assess the influence that climate change has has on those events. This is an area of scientific study known as extreme event attribution.

As a general reminder to everyone here: we have an area for discussions about climate change with threads for different topics. All other climate discussions posted in this thread will be moved or removed, so please try to remain on topic.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/105-climate-change-the-science/

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Last years record breaking hot spell I believe was accompanied by a breezy day or two, I remember the wind blowing at 15mph and the temperature here was 32c...could have been in the Eastern Med.

I quite enjoy it when it’s breezy with warm or hot temperatures. Hot weather with a breeze feels much more comfortable than hot weather without a breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
56 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

But, in the main, those folks are far more likely influenced by politics and/or ignorance, than by science... or they're media hacks, whose interest lies only in selling copy?

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

If Yellowstone blows anytime, global warming will be completely shut down. Global cooling by the ash in the atmosphere will reduce worldwide temps to well below freezing. 

We constantly face threats from other environmental catastrophes, and the Yellowstone eruption will happen at some point. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not for another 1000 years. 

I remember a volcano erupted back in 2010 and didn’t cause any major cooling. Okay, 2010 was quite a cold year, but then 2011 was the warmest on record.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
32 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Sunny intervals and showers, brisk westerly wind, 16 degrees, at least Markyo will be happy. ?

I'm in Sheffield too and it's been lovely here. We've dodged almost all the showers and it's been 21 degrees with sun most of the afternoon

Posted
37 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

.....aren't i always!......ok that may be pushing it a tad. Lovely summers day today, for once i can't moan and complain!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

I'm in Sheffield too and it's been lovely here. We've dodged almost all the showers and it's been 21 degrees with sun most of the afternoon

Lucky! Though east of the Pennines tends to do better when we’re in an unsettled westerly flow. I’ve just had a torrential rain shower and it feels damp and chilly out there. Perhaps me and Markyo should trade places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lucky! Though east of the Pennines tends to do better when we’re in an unsettled westerly flow. I’ve just had a torrential rain shower and it feels damp and chilly out there. Perhaps me and Markyo should trade places.

Yeah definitely. The hills to the west are doing a good job of shredding the cumulus clouds I see around. Making the most of it before next week.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

.....aren't i always!......ok that may be pushing it a tad. Lovely summers day today, for once i can't moan and complain!

I’m complaining though. It’s too cold and wet!

Posted
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I’m complaining though. It’s too cold and wet!

You Lancastrians do tend to complain quite a lot about the weather though....unlike us tough Yorkshire folk

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

You Lancastrians do tend to complain quite a lot about the weather though....unlike us tough Yorkshire folk

Says the person who complains when it gets above 20...

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like this might be the last week of summer - at least here in the south. Next Saturday here in Essex will see highs of 16C! Typical late august weather

Posted
2 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

It’s tiresome isn’t it. Lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

Looks like this might be the last week of summer - at least here in the south. Next Saturday here in Essex will see highs of 16C! Typical late august weather

That is actually quite cool. 

I don’t think we will see any more storms, unless we get some more hot weather in early September.