Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I for one, will miss the heat! It has been fun chasing records on my own station to which I achieved several.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, marky810 said:

Heatwave over here in Leeds, overcast & 17/18c all day with a rather chilly breeze.

Yeah much fresher here today in East Lancs too, and much cooler tonight, only 15°C now.

Posted
5 hours ago, Northwest NI said:

The BBC app is not fit for purpose. Every single day for the last week here is grey cloud and 17/18 degrees. Reality 22/23 degrees and unbroken sunshine. 

What do you use then?

Posted
8 hours ago, Airedalejoe said:

Cloudy, breezy and temperature of 15c!!!! Heatwave? We very rarely get one up here.

It’s because the wind has been coming off the North Sea since Saturday, that’s why. I know it’s frustrating to miss out on the warm weather when most other parts of the country are getting it, but on the other hand, you’ve stayed cool and cloudy whereas parts of the south east have been sweltering with temps up to 20 degrees hotter than you. The North Sea acts as like a giant air conditioner.

Bit in bold, maybe consider that a good thing. I bet a lot of people from the south east would be willing to swap with you right now…

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Finally got ourselves a thunderstorm here in NE London. Still very muggy, but a lot cooler than the last few nights. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn, winter, snow, and thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Just had some heavy rainfall now in west London, with rumbles of thunder.

Same here! Heavenly after all the heat!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I think i'm almost done with summer now. The heat has gone, there's nothing but unsettled weather on the horizon for the rest of August, and in 2 weeks it's meteorological autumn. The first half of September seems to nearly always chuck a little warm spell in these days - one last hurrah - but with the PV due to start spinning, it's soon time for a very different chase!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I’m done with summer, if one of the hottest weeks on record leads to nothing but a bit of drizzle and no thunder despite the warnings all week, then roll on the autumn windstorms at least they deliver on the coast!! Can also finally enjoy some rain aswell as we never get barely anything in spring and summer

Edited by Freeze

Posted
11 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I’m done with summer, if one of the hottest weeks on record leads to nothing but a bit of drizzle and no thunder despite the warnings all week, then roll on the autumn windstorms at least they deliver on the coast!! Can also finally enjoy some rain aswell as we never get barely anything in spring and summer

Lol, but we had several months of rain between september and earlly March.

I don't want another mild wet winter. We could do with either a dry cold one, or a dry mild one, with the occasional rain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Lol, but we had several months of rain between september and earlly March.

I don't want another mild wet winter. We could do with either a dry cold one, or a dry mild one, with the occasional rain.

I know that’s why I make the most of it the because nothing much really falls here between April and September, I’d love a cold winter too, but with snow

Posted
26 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I know that’s why I make the most of it the because nothing much really falls here between April and September, I’d love a cold winter too, but with snow

You might get one this year. I can smell a colder winter. Trust me, its going to happen. If by Christmas, we are still at 10-12c days, you can sue me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So much nicer feeling comfortable again! Fingers crossed that's the last of the excessive heat for this year and we can look forward to the Autumn months.

• Like 2

Posted

Watch those Greenland Highs disappear again in winter. Proper peetake that they can often screw us over in both winter and summer;

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It would be nice now to actually have a week of SUNNY high pressure nationwide with temps in the 23-27C range and pleasant nights.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

It would be nice now to actually have a week of SUNNY high pressure nationwide with temps in the 23-27C range and pleasant nights.

I think most people would have gladly taken that for most of the summer, as opposed to weeks of "meh" with one week of excessive heat thrown in.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I think most people would have gladly taken that for most of the summer, as opposed to weeks of "meh" with one week of excessive heat thrown in.

Yep, me included. As interesting as the last week has been statistically and convectively, it's been quite disappointing wrt cloud.

At least I managed to salvage the hottest day of the year here on Wednesday on one of the sunny days.

archives-2016-8-15-12-0.png archives-2016-8-15-12-1.png

Something like this would go down very nicely now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

What a change today! The heat has gone from London, and many other places. It feels cool outside, it's overcast and we've had a fair amount of rain this morning. 

Yesterday was just about perfect from a heat perspective - 28c and sunny. 

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yes that would be perfect. But sadly it probably won’t happen. Our summers seem to be all or nothing these days - a few days of excessive heat followed by weeks of dull, wet and cool weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Ideal conditions for most, I’d be very happy with that for much of summer. Still need my thunderstorm fix, though!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Loving the weather today in N London. 18°C with thick cloud and the odd shower - a good 10-12°C down on recent days.

No more heatwaves please! 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Loving the weather today in N London. 18°C with thick cloud and the odd shower - a good 10-12°C down on recent days.

No more heatwaves please! 

Yes, it’s good to have some cooler fresher air, but I hope this isn’t the start of more dull days and a lack of sunshine. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes, it’s good to have some cooler fresher air, but I hope this isn’t the start of more dull days and a lack of sunshine. 

Been very poor here last couple of days. Forecast 28c yesterday and we reached 19c. 24c forecast today and 18c max. Currently 16c and pouring with rain. From summer to autumn!