Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

But none of that matters I can chill in my fancy villa with built-in air conditioning and my massive outdoor pool.

You've more than me lol. I'd love to know where this villa is...

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

M P R sounds like one selfish individual. 

I don’t have the luxury of a garden, living in a studio flat in west London. The surrounding area is nice, but we can’t enjoy the open air at home. It’s a shame, but we are looking to move elsewhere next year. One more winter to get through, when the flat becomes like an ice box. 

Bit extreme... I don't do 'selfish', I just don't see the point in continuous moaning every time it's hot. We can't do anything about the weather, just deal with it at the given time. Live in the knowledge that over the next few days it's going to cool down and we have a good six months of less nice weather to look forward to from September onwards.

Honestly, some mindset rewiring needs to go on with some people in here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
42 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Bit extreme... I don't do 'selfish', I just don't see the point in continuous moaning every time it's hot. We can't do anything about the weather, just deal with it at the given time. Live in the knowledge that over the next few days it's going to cool down and we have a good six months of less nice weather to look forward to from September onwards.

I love the heat. We don’t get too much of it in this country so I enjoy it when we do get it. 

However, the last 6 days, in London/SE, it’s been 33-36c every day which is quite exceptional for this country. There’s no escaping it, so when the house remains over 30 degrees throughout the day and night for an entire week it can get a bit tiresome. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Mozzies  

Posted

It has been a really odd summer, it reminds me in some ways of summer 2004 

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180
1958 184
1972 185
2020 187 (up to 11th Aug)
1916 188
1986 189
1965 189
2016 189
1910 190
1936 190
1988 191
2010 191
1966 192
1998 192
2017 192
1953 193
1963 194
1993 194
2009 194
1902 195

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Not enjoyed this summer on a personal note. 

Usable weather been at a premium with either miserable dull and cool or furnace like heat. 

Spring was actually better for outdoor activity but we were locked down for most of it! 

Used to enjoy weather extremes, now I have two young kids it just makes life difficult

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It has been a bit of weird summer this one. Weather wise, it has either been one or the other and no in between. And usually when we get a heatwave it gradually builds up until we eventually reach the peak of it, but this summer all hot days came out of the blue. As a weather enthusiast, I am finding it interesting though. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I think its fairly clear now as with any extreme weather (hot or cold) there are more negatives than positives for most with this hot spell especially in the Greater London area. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any description.

No storms in Reigate this year, despite weather warnings galore, same as last year and the year before. IMG-20200813-WA0000.thumb.jpg.b2f046edec96811b20aa464ff60a6c61.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Going to be another day of waiting for phantom thunderstorms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
10 hours ago, MP-R said:

In fairness, it's no different to people moaning because it's cloudy for a few days in July. This thread is literally titled "moans" so people are free to moan about anything they like in here weather-wise!

We had people in here consistently bleating in the SE, despite the stats showing that in terms of sunshine it was a normal summer month in the SE! Although those further north had every right to be annoyed for sure.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Heavy drizzle here, sea fog yesterday. Really has been the complete opposite to what most of the country has been experiencing. On the plus side we have only had one warm night that I can recall this year 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Nick L said:

In fairness, it's no different to people moaning because it's cloudy for a few days in July. This thread is literally titled "moans" so people are free to moan about anything they like in here weather-wise!

We had people in here consistently bleating in the SE, despite the stats showing that in terms of sunshine it was a normal summer month in the SE! Although those further north had every right to be annoyed for sure.

Hardly surprising really when you get days on end of gloom in high summer. It was indeed rather strange though to see people in the southeast moaning the most, when for the most part, they had the best weather conditions in July.

In any case, moaning repeatedly isn't going to change anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Currently about 24 degrees on the eastern side of London with clear blue skies. It definitely feels cooler out there today, but still warm. Brings a little welcome relief from the heat. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
29 minutes ago, MP-R said:

In any case, moaning repeatedly isn't going to change anything.

Just as it didn't in July....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

100% spot on!...but only a minimum of 25c and wall to wall sunshine will do for some.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

There is nothing more British than moaning about the weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, Weather-history said:

It has been a really odd summer, it reminds me in some ways of summer 2004 

Manchester Summer Indices 

1954 143
1907 147
1956 155
1912 156
1924 158
2012 164
2008 168
1987 169
1946 170
1909 171
1931 173
1978 173
1980 173
1920 174
1923 174
2007 174
1927 175
1948 176
1938 177
1922 178
2011 179
1985 180
1958 184
1972 185
2020 187 (up to 11th Aug)
1916 188
1986 189
1965 189
2016 189
1910 190
1936 190
1988 191
2010 191
1966 192
1998 192
2017 192
1953 193
1963 194
1993 194
2009 194
1902 195

Or like last summer, short bursts of intense heat followed by protracted periods of dull, wet and cool weather.

Posted
5 hours ago, Number 23 said:

Not enjoyed this summer on a personal note. 

Usable weather been at a premium with either miserable dull and cool or furnace like heat. 

Spring was actually better for outdoor activity but we were locked down for most of it! 

Used to enjoy weather extremes, now I have two young kids it just makes life difficult

3 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It has been a bit of weird summer this one. Weather wise, it has either been one or the other and no in between. And usually when we get a heatwave it gradually builds up until we eventually reach the peak of it, but this summer all hot days came out of the blue. As a weather enthusiast, I am finding it interesting though. 

Yes it’s been a bit like last summer really, short bursts of intense heat followed by much longer periods of dull, wet and cool weather (though July 2019 was much nicer than July 2020). Personally not a fan. Not much usable weather as you say, my favourite conditions for summer is low 20’s and sun but I don’t think there’s been a single day like that here this summer. It’s either been below 20°C and mostly cloudy and damp or in the high 20’s and humid. No in-between. I hope this isn’t the way further summers are going.

I really enjoyed the spring. Mid/high teens/low twenties temps, lots of sunshine, low humidity, not much rain, couldn’t ask for better.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Mozzies  

It’s the moths and daddy long legs that did me in last night. Loads of ‘em!

Posted

Well last night was horrible. Didn’t get to sleep till 4 am because of the heat. Had the bedroom window open but didn’t do anything to decrease the temperature until very late in the night, but shared my room last night with millions of bugs as they are attracted to the indoor light. Not pleasant being attacked by moths when you’re trying to get to sleep! 

It was 25°C last night in my bedroom by the way, and it was way too hot for sleeping, I dread to think what it would be like down in the south east.

Posted

This morning is a different story though. There is a lovely strong easterly breeze now. Heaven!  Got all the windows open and it’s already down to 23°C in the bedroom. Shouldn’t have any problems sleeping tonight.

Currently 19°C with 90% humidity.

Posted
28 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Well last night was horrible. Didn’t get to sleep till 4 am because of the heat. Had the bedroom window open but didn’t do anything to decrease the temperature until very late in the night, but shared my room last night with millions of bugs as they are attracted to the indoor light. Not pleasant being attacked by moths when you’re trying to get to sleep! 

It was 25°C last night in my bedroom by the way, and it was way too hot for sleeping, I dread to think what it would be like down in the south east.

I already told you this. It was hot here last night, but I slept well.