Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Got to a high of 26.7C here.  Dewpoint here earlier was 21.3C according to my weather station.  Really, really humid.  I remember going on holiday to Antigua (in the Caribbean) a couple of years ago and dew points there were around 22C, so really quite exceptional to experience that sort of tropical humidity here in Wales!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
37 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree.

After weeks of crappy cloudy and sometimes coolish weather, a couple of weeks of very warm to hot weather, and Marky is moaning.

When it gets stupidly hot like the last week, I appreciate the crappy cloudy weather more. I can garden in comfort, cycle in comfort, and sleep in comfort in crappy cloudy weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

31c, 46% humidity.... i LOVE it...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
38 minutes ago, markyo said:

Well thats not right! Was at 3 sites today,Leeds and Manchester, every single person was complaining how hot it was.....could have told them try the 3 decomm rooms i've just been in, 2nd one was small and reached 44c then the kit started tripping out due to the heat!. Then they could complain!.

I did say most of the hottest weather chad been in southern UK. This week has been exceptional, am definitely not playing it down but what came before was largely forgettable and pretty poor in many areas.

Posted
17 minutes ago, sausage said:

the T-storms and severe as forecasted! MASSIVE FAIL BY THE MO. these warnings should not be put up in such false pretences! embarrassing.

And if they don’t put up the warning and there is a severe storm, they’ll be in trouble. Forecasting storms accurately is very difficult.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
19 minutes ago, sausage said:

the T-storms and severe as forecasted! MASSIVE FAIL BY THE MO. these warnings should not be put up in such false pretences! embarrassing.

Perhaps you should read the text and take a look at the impact matrix, rather than looking at the yellow colour and assuming it's a definite!

• Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, mb018538 said:
WWW.LIGHTNINGMAPS.ORG

See lightning strikes in real time across the planet. Free access to maps of former thunderstorms. By Blitzortung.org and contributors.

France lit up like an Xmas tree on the latest sferics. Massive storms breaking out.

Looks like steering ne so avoiding us .....

Posted

The only safe rule with storms is not to expect any, regardless of the forecast. If you pin your hopes on the basis of a forecast, you will be disappointed 9 times out of 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

31c, 46% humidity.... i LOVE it...

Actually I’m looking forward to be able to go out for a walk and not be sweating profusely within a few minutes!  A good nights sleep would be nice too.  Each to their own but I cannot understand how people can enjoy this weather.

• Like 1

Official max today was 31.4C. Would have smashed 34/35C if it was for that silly sea breeze and customary cloud for a couple of  during peak heating. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

These mid 30s temps are almost becoming bearable now we've had them for several days in a row. The nights are a bit too icky though. 

And I would say it'd be a shock when the temps drop, but it looks like they're staying in the mid 20s for a while yet. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I will say in Dudley of the 72 days of summer we have had 7 maybe 8 at 25c or above which in my book is decent summer weather . Today being the best yet. July not a washout but cool dull. Which explains my grass being yellow. 

In London we’ve seen 9 days days so far at 30c+. 10 including tomorrow. Thursday has a chance of scraping 30, which would make it 11 days. Not bad at all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

According to Synop data, Heathrow peaked at 35.7c today. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's still above 30c in several locations, despite the sun having set. Unbelievable heat. Absolutely horrendous this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Official max today was 31.4C. Would have smashed 34/35C if it was for that silly sea breeze and customary cloud for a couple of  during peak heating. 

With light pressure gradients getting a sea breeze is the 'norm' surely?

Posted
2 hours ago, bluearmy said:

Looks like steering ne so avoiding us .....

Yes the 10 and especially the 18,000 ft winds suggest that

Posted
1 minute ago, johnholmes said:

With light pressure gradients getting a sea breeze is the 'norm' surely?

With the NE wind, it's been a real game of cat and mouse with the sea breeze - on Sunday we hardly had any here and reached 34C, yesterday it came in early and we only just scrapped 30C.

Posted

This is the hottest it’s felt so far. Sweating absolute buckets just eating my dinner. I was lucky enough to have the day off today so just sat in my actual pants playing Xbox and peeling myself from my chair every ten minutes.

Back to the sweatbox office tomorrow. Yay. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
2 hours ago, Don said:

Actually I’m looking forward to be able to go out for a walk and not be sweating profusely within a few minutes!  A good nights sleep would be nice too.  Each to their own but I cannot understand how people can enjoy this weather.

i  love the warmth, i sweat too but i like cooling off.. i like having few clothes on, feeling warm air against my skin, the way the humidity magnifies the scents of my lilies, it rare in this country to be able to have "foreign holidays" type conditions here at home...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Hot and humid day here with some hazy sunshine. Got to about 27°C. I really hate this hot, humid weather as it just saps all your energy. I don’t like this muggy murky continental rubbish, I much prefer high pressure bang over the country with clear blue skies, low humidity and cool nights, like we had in 2018. We need a good storm to clear the air.