Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

9 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

And to add @Alderc, the latest ARPEGE is really rubbing in for you, there is actually a 36C on that chart over Bournemouth for tomorrow, if you go to meteociel on a PC you'll see it!

I will eat my hat and other very indigestible items if that happens!

arpege-31-30-0.png?10-16

Really........The 12Z is useless its still saying 30C for now........and 23-25C for 10pm tonight.......

Edit, I cant get this view? You got the link MWB? 

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Only 21.6°C here now. Missing out not just the storms but the heat as well today.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The UKV modelled the temps pretty good down here, 5 runs back.

Here was the 03Z:

1149420677_viewimage(1).thumb.png.2b1703b0617acda10d5091c1d50cde8f.png

Less cloud tomorrow, with the exception of slightly further in from the coast where showers/t-storms start to pop up.

viewimage.thumb.png.1eb27b888621ffe8362f34055d8b8bf2.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
3 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Really........The 12Z is useless its still saying 30C for now........and 23-25C for 10pm tonight.......

Edit, I cant get this view? You got the link MWB? 

Actually this shows it

arpege-31-30-0.png?10-16

https://modeles7.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpege/runs/2020081012/arpege-31-30-0.png?10-16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
8 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

It really goes to show how the hot weather has been limited to the SE and other Southern regions.

I'm glad i don't live up North, its too depressing. No offence to folk who live there, but the weather this summer has been awful further North.

It's been a mixture here, as you'd expect. Made it up above 90 °F in the last hot spell before this one, and that doesn't happen very often. And it's been 28 °C and very humid today -- one heavy shower that just missed me (splattered parts of Kidderminster apparently) but otherwise dry but close. Not much sunshine.

At the moment this is probably shaping up to be an average-to-good August in Worcs, and I'd take that after what most of the last decade has provided.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well the low cloud lifted into... less low cloud over the last few hours. Very humid feeling and still managed 24C, but disappointing all the same.

Hopefully tomorrow we won’t have the low cloud start or storms nearby. I need at least three days above 28C to break into heatwave territory, or at least two averaging over 30C maximum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Another really hot day down here in London. Looks we peaked just shy of 35c. 

Edit: just seen the post below. Looks we we exceeded 35c!

Edited by danm

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Topped out here in the Herts area at 33.5c, with the air becoming more unstable lets hope for some big fireworks to relive us from hell's kitchen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
37 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The UKV modelled the temps pretty good down here, 5 runs back.

Here was the 03Z:

1149420677_viewimage(1).thumb.png.2b1703b0617acda10d5091c1d50cde8f.png

Less cloud tomorrow, with the exception of slightly further in from the coast where showers/t-storms start to pop up.

viewimage.thumb.png.1eb27b888621ffe8362f34055d8b8bf2.png

Interesting that GFS has temps of 29-30 for my location tomorrow but this and ARPEGE are going for barely 24-25 at the same times. Could that be something to do with cloud/thunderstorms?

Posted
15 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Heathrow 35.5C. Not a bad outcome from modelled temperatures, though the Met Office have slightly overshot every day of this heatwave so far.

Yeah they have headline temps of 37 for Heathrow yet headline temps for central London are like 33 yes Heathrow is often warmer but by four degrees? And the hourly temps max our at 34 or 35

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The sea breeze has dropped and the temperatures on the rise. Now to see if it’ll end up the warmest part of the day again this evening.l like the last couple of days. A lot of cloud overhead which light prevent it rising that far though. 

Posted

Not been a bad hot spell even here along the south coast so far 

Friday reached 26.8 min Friday night a warm 22.3

saturday reached 30.2 min went down to 19.8

sunday reached 31.1 went down to 21.6

todays high 28.0 still very humid 

expecting tomorrow to be the hottest so far

Edited by clark3r

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

After not so hot weekend with the nice refreshing NE breeze , back to very high humidity and hazy sun all day max out at 33C today...

However just don’t understand how the West and at times the North that have not had any of this heat can get all these Thunderstorms.? Always puzzled me.

Posted

So here are the maxes for London (Heathrow) so far in this hot spell:

Thursday: 29.7c

Friday: 36.4c

Saturday 33.4c

Sunday: 33.8c

Monday: 35.2c

The forecast for the next few days is between 34-36c tomorrow and Wednesday, coming down to around 30ish on Thursday. 

That would be 7 straight days of 30c+ and 6 straight days of 33c+.

• Like 1

Dorset Storm Shield doing its stuff, not sure it'll be letting its guard down either. 12z model output has complete consensus of nothing at all tonight, tomorrow & Wednesday along the coast. Nothing else other than exceptionally disappointing storm wise given the airmass.

Seriously though given the airmass if we don't get something in the repeated rounds this will absolutely rank first place in the lists of disappoints - which lets face it is a very long list.

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Man With Beard said:

And to add @Alderc, the latest ARPEGE is really rubbing in for you, there is actually a 36C on that chart over Bournemouth for tomorrow, if you go to meteociel on a PC you'll see it!

I will eat my hat and other very indigestible items if that happens!

arpege-31-30-0.png?10-16

edit: well it's more like Wimborne than Bournemouth when zoomed in, but near enough!

What utterly silly hot temperatures across Europe currently, parts of northern central Spain are cooler than here,,,and only altitude in the Alps can you escape any real heat. Sad times.

13 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

What utterly silly hot temperatures across Europe currently, parts of northern central Spain are cooler than here,,,and only altitude in the Alps can you escape any real heat. Sad times.

All those silly temperatures now resulting some HUGE TS in north Spain, southern France etc.

Posted

Just had the weirdest thunderstorm I've ever seen. Torrential rain and loud crackles almost literally out of the blue, as in the clear blue sky. There was some bubbly convective cloud but not overhead, and the sun was shining throughout.

Only time I've seen anything similar was when I experienced monsoonal downpours in Cairns, Australia which also seemed to appear out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

Posted

Day 4 of the Great Heat of 2020 (as I'm calling it) and in lowland East London we reached 31-32c (not sure as I have to work for a living).

Wednesday looked very unpleasant in terms of heat and humidity but that seems to have been toned down a bit tonight. The heat hangs on in East Anglia into Thursday and next week may be quite the shock to the system.

I'm less convinced about thunderstorms in my part of the world though I do think west and south-west England may continue to be prone to pulses of heavy rain coming north for a few days yet.

Posted
5 minutes ago, stodge said:

Day 4 of the Great Heat of 2020 (as I'm calling it) and in lowland East London we reached 31-32c (not sure as I have to work for a living).

Wednesday looked very unpleasant in terms of heat and humidity but that seems to have been toned down a bit tonight. The heat hangs on in East Anglia into Thursday and next week may be quite the shock to the system.

I'm less convinced about thunderstorms in my part of the world though I do think west and south-west England may continue to be prone to pulses of heavy rain coming north for a few days yet.

35.2c at Heathrow so urban, lowland east London can’t be far off that. 

• Like 1

Posted

Actually got a cool breeze coming in through the window. Usually I'm not keen on that but tonight it's quite nice. 

Posted

I've just been out for a few beers Dudley way. Beautiful this afternoon in the beer garden. My phone said 29 degrees. Just walked back down the road and enormous black cloud  A few heavy rain drops. 24 degrees. Much improved overall on yesterday's mediocre 24 max. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
37 minutes ago, danm said:

35.2c at Heathrow so urban, lowland east London can’t be far off that. 

Meteociel had Heathrow at 35.5c at 1700, so the high could even be 36c+

• Like 3