Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow
23 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I am surprised that you feel the full effect of the north east wind being so far away from the NE coast. I thought it was only the north east and some eastern parts of Yorkshire that suffered with a NE wind.

Here a North easterly wind can be cloudy and cool but it can also bring very pleasant conditions - as we have had today - though the wind was a little chilly.

Its probably something that sticks in the memory more as i am exposed to that direction and when it occurs it is 'cutting' even in summer but less.so today.

Always seems to gust up to 20mph too. A nice summers day for me does not include gusty winds!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Looks like we could reach 30C on Wednesday after all. If we do, that’s the second summer in a row where all three months exceed 30C. Before last year, that last happened in 1995.

Anyway, today was nice once the sea murk cleared. High of 22C. Pretty average temperature for the time of year. Next few days will be very humid by the looks of it.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
47 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I am surprised that you feel the full effect of the north east wind being so far away from the NE coast. I thought it was only the north east and some eastern parts of Yorkshire that suffered with a NE wind.

Here a North easterly wind can be cloudy and cool but it can also bring very pleasant conditions - as we have had today - though the wind was a little chilly.

can't be more wrong! annoyance of the forecasts on tv, which says, N Sea coasts misty mornings

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
41 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Nothing hot in Dudley . Freezing cold till dinner time. Then a brief warmish spell of about 23/24 degrees mid afternoon. Then just walking down from the pub cold again. Nagging NE breeze.

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
28 minutes ago, cheese said:

Looks like we could reach 30C on Wednesday after all. If we do, that’s the second summer in a row where all three months exceed 30C. Before last year, that last happened in 1995.

Anyway, today was nice once the sea murk cleared. High of 22C. Pretty average temperature for the time of year. Next few days will be very humid by the looks of it.

I like how your username rhymes with your location..

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, bluearmy said:

In the warmest places at 9pm, temps around 4/5 c higher than yesterday evening ..... should get some 20c+ mins tonight 

Heathrow still 28C @ 10pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Hot hot hot. Met Office forecasting 36 for Mon, Tues & Wed. Thurs is also looking like another hot day, and even after that it never really cools down for the SE.  

The intensity and duration of this hot period is unprecedented. Who would've thought that this would happen after that cool, wet July?!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
3 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Nothing hot in Dudley . Freezing cold till dinner time. Then a brief warmish spell of about 23/24 degrees mid afternoon. Then just walking down from the pub cold again. Nagging NE breeze.

I’ve almost forgotten what a cold breeze feels like, the heat down here in the SE is that oppressive. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
3 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Pretty similar down the road from you here in Bewdley. I'd decided to take my (sandwich) lunch outside... and had to put a jumper on! That afternoon spell was nice, though. Around here it was still pleasant enough to read in the garden at 8 pm.

Posted
7 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I like how your username rhymes with your location..

Not intentional I promise.

No North Sea crud this morning, just some altocumulus drifting by.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Low here looks like being 21C.

To get the record minima, places will need to be above 23.9C by 9am, and stay above that until the next morning at 9am.

Half a chance today/tomorrow.

Its a lovely mild start down here currently 21C with plenty of sun however I have a feeling the little storm potential we have down is going to diminish quickly, chance a large cloud shield of convective debris will advect into the central south from the decaying storm near Nantes in France..... 

Posted
1 hour ago, Man With Beard said:

Low here looks like being 21C.

To get the record minima, places will need to be above 23.9C by 9am, and stay above that until the next morning at 9am.

Half a chance today/tomorrow.

At least we broke the 20c min along the south coast Hampshire and Dorset ....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Good luck to all you folk in the Greater London area over the next week, it will be unbearable for many i fear, awful conditions especially on public transport.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Not intentional I promise.

No North Sea crud this morning, just some altocumulus drifting by.

the capital got it though as usual, horrid out there

Posted
7 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Pretty similar down the road from you here in Bewdley. I'd decided to take my (sandwich) lunch outside... and had to put a jumper on! That afternoon spell was nice, though. Around here it was still pleasant enough to read in the garden at 8 pm.

It really goes to show how the hot weather has been limited to the SE and other Southern regions.

I'm glad i don't live up North, its too depressing. No offence to folk who live there, but the weather this summer has been awful further North.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It really goes to show how the hot weather has been limited to the SE and other Southern regions.

I'm glad i don't live up North, its too depressing. No offence to folk who live there, but the weather this summer has been awful further North.

June was okay and August has been good so far - you don’t need silly hot temperatures to enjoy summer. Today is forecast to be partly cloudy and 26C which will do me just fine.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very warm night here with a minimum temperature of 22°C, the fans were on full blast lol. Looking interesting for much of the UK today, some thundery convection has already started in places. Similar situation here, thundery over E Germany and that’s starting to encroach into the Czech Republic from the W. Fingers crossed for some big storms this week

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 08:35 on Mon 10 Aug 2020

There is a 90 % probability of Heat-Health criteria being met between 0900 on Monday and 0900 on Friday in parts of England.

This alert updates that issued at 08:47 Thursday 06 August. The alert has been extended in time for all previously affected regions of England, now extending to Friday 14 August, although this is a more definite end time than in previous issues, as less hot weather looks to become established more generally across England before the weekend. The alert level has increased for West Midlands, as confidence in hot weather and warm nights affecting at least the south of the region has now increased. The alert level in all other regions remains unchanged. This forecast is under daily review, with the most likely change being a possible upgrade in probability for both Midlands regions around midweek, and perhaps a progressive downgrade in probability from the west late in the week.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/?tab=heatHealth&season=normal#?tab=heatHealth

First moan of the day, reckon I'm in a sweet spot for cloud advection, subsequently supressed temps and little thundery activity today. Shame as potential is clearly there for another 30C plus day which if it happened would the first time since 1995 we've recorded 4 consecutive 30C days down here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Anyone know what’s with the extensive misty low cloud?