Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

so so chilly today, log burner might get lit this evening, very cloudy, and with winds from the east through most of this week dont think much will change in the way of cloud cover which means no storms i would think.

Temps barely rose in the last hour. 27.2-27.9C.

Feels like the flow has reversed and we now have a sea breeze. If true thats it for today....

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Lovely 17c, such a relief. Feels so much better,fresher and no headache!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Man With Beard said:

Yes i think it might be a struggle to get past 32C here today - at 24C currently in perfect conditions, not rising quickly enough to make me think we can match yesterday's 34C. Looks like the hottest stuff really is in the SE corner today in Kent/E Sussex, less N Sea influence perhaps.

Well it's a good job I'm not a professional weather forecaster - Gosport Fleetlands met office site has got to 31.8C and still rising.

Really is the perfect day for these parts. I've always wondered if it is possible to get to 35C in the Portsmouth area and I doubt I'll get a better chance than in this set-up. Maybe today?

1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Well it's a good job I'm not a professional weather forecaster - Gosport Fleetlands met office site has got to 31.8C and still rising.

Really is the perfect day for these parts. I've always wondered if it is possible to get to 35C in the Portsmouth area and I doubt I'll get a better chance than in this set-up. Maybe today?

Probably not a better chance but I think a genuine sea breeze is trying to setup along south coast. 

Posted

Not even reached 21 here yet, been cloudy all day. North Sea murk. Is this the Northumberland coast, no it's Shropshire, 150-200 miles from the North Sea. Yesterday we had cloud from the Irish sea till 3pm, today it's cloud from the North Sea. Really being very inland by British standards we shouldn't get marine stratus at all, but we seem to get it from every direction instead.

Hot sunny days in August just seem like they are never going to happen here again.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Probably not a better chance but I think a genuine sea breeze is trying to setup along south coast. 

A sudden sea-breeze scuppered it for us yesterday at around 2pm, we were heading towards 35C until then. It's usually what puts a lid on it! Very, very still here atm so you never know ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
16 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Southsea beach has a record high of 35.0c, so I think other parts of the city should be able to record higher.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

33c now on the Sussex coast. A touch higher than yesterday and far sunnier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Hazy blue sky...28C Mid Norfolk... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
Just now, slater said:

Hazy blue sky...28C Mid Norfolk... 

Forgot to say ironically Just drove from Norwich 16 miles away only 23.5C the difference driving further inland... I guest the coast must be a nice 20C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Is there something about 30°C that makes it difficult to reach? Second day in a row it’s reached 29.9°C and then dropped again. Hopefully like yesterday it will get there eventually. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
12 minutes ago, slater said:

Forgot to say ironically Just drove from Norwich 16 miles away only 23.5C the difference driving further inland... I guest the coast must be a nice 20C 

Similar thing here. Cambridge is currently at 31c, yet here in Peterborough it is only 23c. The Wash has the strange ability to push cool air and cloud much further inland than many other coastal areas as Peterborough is a far way inland, even from the Wash.

Posted

Seems the low cloud has reduced maxima away from the SE (even though it mostly burnt off) compared to many models like the ECM (perhaps an associated stronger low level inversion to warm up too?). AROME model did very well with the low cloud extent and then suppressed maxima when I looked yesterday evening.

19C in Hereford and 21C in Bristol at 3pm, but the ECM had an un-adjusted temp of 28 and 29C at 4pm 

24.1C at Exeter Airport, so cooler than forecast here too. Kind of a shame as it might have just about been my hottest day of this spell.. Though it looks like we will be just west of the 30C stuff all through this hot spell!

If correct, a very warm-hot spell here but not quite what I'd call an intense heatwave in this location.

Hopefully some thunderstorm interest instead (as long as they don't all go around here!)

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted

Astonishing temperatures on private weather stations between Southampton and Brighton. A lot of 35Cs / 36Cs / 37Cs - they're probably overstated by a degree or two but considering how many are at this level, I'd think no more than that. Will be interesting to see what Gosport and Shoreham come up with at 4pm. Looking pretty hot round Heathrow, too.

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground’s WunderMap provides interactive weather and radar Maps for weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Posted
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Astonishing temperatures on private weather stations between Southampton and Brighton. A lot of 35Cs / 36Cs / 37Cs - they're probably overstated by a degree or two but considering how many are at this level, I'd think no more than that. Will be interesting to see what Gosport and Shoreham come up with at 4pm. Looking pretty hot round Heathrow, too.

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground’s WunderMap provides interactive weather and radar Maps for weather conditions for locations worldwide.

My mum and dads in Sompting 1 mile away from shoreham are reporting 34.5 in the shade

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Capital of north sea fret, eventually started to lift around 1pm, near enough fully lifted now, expect same tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking awful for London this week,for many working or even getting to work will be a nightmare on the tube

Edited by markyo