Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The late summer warmth is affecting much of continental Europe, too. Am camping this weekend about 80kms SE of Prague, where it has been 30°C today and sunny. The campsite is by a forest and a lake, lots of people have been swimming in the lake and sunning themselves, now setting up their bbq’s for dinner. Proper summer weather ?☀️ Lovely  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
2 hours ago, reef said:

A massive difference today with the onshore breeze. We're currently at 19.3C compared to over 30C this time yesterday.

What a difference a day makes but here has been opposite to how you have had it.Yesterday saw almost no sun here at 26 deg whereas today seemed much hotter being sunny all day until the last hour it has clouded and been 24 deg.Today has been a fantastic summers day whereas yesterday was a big yawn!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 hours ago, matt111 said:

Aargh it got to 29.9°C and now it’s dropped to 29.4°C. :wallbash: 

Didn't matter in the end as it went on to reach 32.0°C which is a new record on my station. 

• Like 2

I see a super sea breeze dumped the temp at Thorney Island from 32C to 23C in two hours. Could be a dramatic rise back there once the sea breeze drops out in the next hour or so....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, danm said:

I do love the heat, although in this country with our homes not built for it and no air conditioning there is a limit to how many days on the trot I can put up with 35 degree heat. 

Luckily our average July and August temperature is 24c in these parts, so more often than not when the heat clears we’re back into pleasantly warm weather. 

Whereas here our July/August average is only 19/20°C, so the average is a little on the cool side, especially if there’s a breeze or it’s cloudy. Whereas when you guys down south get uncomfortably hot temperatures in summer, it is usually just pleasantly warm up here (not always though, last summer being an example when it reached 33°C here on the hottest day ever).

My house rarely gets too hot, at the moment it’s 22/23°C in the house which is just about perfect.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
19 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I see a super sea breeze dumped the temp at Thorney Island from 32C to 23C in two hours. Could be a dramatic rise back there once the sea breeze drops out in the next hour or so....

Yes it clouded up here a couple of hours ago, the breeze increased and the temperature dropped by a few degrees. I actually put on a light jacket for my late afternoon/early evening walk. However now the cloud has cleared and the sun has come back out again and it feels a lot warmer now.

Posted
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

What a difference a day makes but here has been opposite to how you have had it.Yesterday saw almost no sun here at 26 deg whereas today seemed much hotter being sunny all day until the last hour it has clouded and been 24 deg.Today has been a fantastic summers day whereas yesterday was a big yawn!

The North sea fret has come in now aswell, so we're sat at 15.6C at the moment compared to 29.4C the same time yesterday. I can't say I prefer either to be honest!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, reef said:

The North sea fret has come in now aswell, so we're sat at 15.6C at the moment compared to 29.4C the same time yesterday. I can't say I prefer either to be honest!

Unlucky! The last two days have been pleasantly warm here but not too hot, with maxes around 23/24°C, mostly cloudy yesterday, more sunshine today. Perfect summer weather really.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

The late summer warmth is affecting much of continental Europe, too. Am camping this weekend about 80kms SE of Prague, where it has been 30°C today and sunny. The campsite is by a forest and a lake, lots of people have been swimming in the lake and sunning themselves, now setting up their bbq’s for dinner. Proper summer weather ?☀️ Lovely  

Sounds like my ideal kind of summer. BBQ in the garden with the other half’s family is what we usually do in Latvia. Shame I can’t go there this year, but hey ho. 

The garden we are looking after, while a friend is away will do. 

• Like 1

Max temp at Bournemouth was 32.9C today. Hottest since since 33C was recorded 19/07/2006, looks like that day it was a rounded 33C so anything from 32.6-33.5C so possibly the hottest since 10/08/2003 when we hit 34C

With more sun we would have had 34/35C, maybe tomorrow if the cloud behaves itself and the north sea Haar doesn't make it down this far....

Edited by Guest

Amazing at 7pm its still 31C here yet lots of the usual hot spots in East Anglia are only 17-21C, Weybourne 17C, Norwich 19C etc....Big time paying for that easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Almost 7:30pm and It’s still 30°C here. In fact instead of dropping it’s slowly rising at the moment. 

Posted

Much cooler here. Currently 18°C and the easterly breeze has picked up too. Plenty of sunshine though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
23 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Amazing at 7pm its still 31C here yet lots of the usual hot spots in East Anglia are only 17-21C, Weybourne 17C, Norwich 19C etc....Big time paying for that easterly.

22c here after 28c earlier. Cloudy most of the day, it just won’t shift from Anglia!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A truly superb evening here in Bewdley. 23 °C, almost clear skies, warm air but a gentle breeze taking the edge off it. Probably about as close to a perfect August evening as you can get in these parts. It's been a long time coming this year, but my goodness it's welcome!

• Like 2

Posted

22oC here too and with a noticeable breeze coming in off the estuary it’s very comfortable - so very different to 24 hours ago when it was 31oC at this time 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Unlike yesterday it was sunny all day here in Torquay. A few PWS near me reported over 30C with one, the closest to me reporting 31.9C but I've no idea wether that's accurate. Currently 23-24C as the sun goes down. What a day for the south coast!

Abbey Park Torquay.jpg

Cary Garden Torquay.jpg

Torquay Promenade.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all I have to say here in Lincolnshire after a warm day it’s bloody freezing with a stiff NE wind blowing making it it very very chilly, almost like deep September out there stark contrast to last nights heat.

LO

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Sounds like my ideal kind of summer. BBQ in the garden with the other half’s family is what we usually do in Latvia. Shame I can’t go there this year, but hey ho. 

The garden we are looking after, while a friend is away will do. 

Hopefully next year you’ll be able to go. Great that you can use your friends garden. Must be difficult in the heat without a bit of outside space. Despite the hot days here, the nights have cooled down pretty quickly after 21:00, need my blanket sitting outside tonight lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
34 minutes ago, TQWX said:

Unlike yesterday it was sunny all day here in Torquay. A few PWS near me reported over 30C with one, the closest to me reporting 31.9C but I've no idea wether that's accurate. Currently 23-24C as the sun goes down. What a day for the south coast!

Abbey Park Torquay.jpg

Cary Garden Torquay.jpg

Torquay Promenade.jpg

Lovely mate! Was at the Grand Hotel last Fri and Sat. Decent weather then

• Like 3

Posted
41 minutes ago, TQWX said:

Abbey Park Torquay.jpg

Cary Garden Torquay.jpg

Torquay Promenade.jpg

Beautiful part of the world , was there 2 weeks ago staying in brixham at hillhead with parents, 

Edited by viking_smb
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Now the North Sea doctor (easterly breeze) has kicked in it feels much more comfortable this evening here in Warwickshire. 

• Like 3