Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
7 minutes ago, B87 said:

Most summer days are not 19-21c. Maybe half of June is like that.

Indeed. Average summer day time maximum temperature for London is almost 24’C. The South East gets a lot of warm and dry weather generally.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

32.3c already on the Sussex coast with only limited sunshine.

Could be the SE coast today for the top uk temperature.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Indeed. Average summer day time maximum temperature for London is almost 24’C. The South East gets a lot of warm and dry weather generally.

Average summer highs in London for 81-10 are 21.0c, 23.5c, 23.2c. 

I've been calculating the 91-20 averages and for June and July they are 21.6c and 23.9c respectively. August will be either 23.4c or 23.5c, depending on how this month ends up.

A normal summer in London will have 4 or 5 days of 30c+, 30 days above 25c.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2

Completely overcast and temps at 27C can't believe this airmass is being completely wasted........Ribbon of cloud over us is bearly moving and thickening up all the time peak heating is going to be ruined for the 3rd successive 'hot' day counting last friday its utterly ridiculous.  

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

Completely overcast and temps at 27C can't believe this airmass is being completely wasted........Ribbon of cloud over us is bearly moving and thickening up all the time. 

UKV yesterday:

1480513008_viewimage(4).thumb.png.9b2e70a563eed7ab952485cf863c4846.png

Sat:

964534792_2020-08-08(2).thumb.png.88c92df6836ef3cdde1c3c2f949845d6.png

Just now, Mapantz said:

UKV yesterday:

1480513008_viewimage(4).thumb.png.9b2e70a563eed7ab952485cf863c4846.png

Sat:

964534792_2020-08-08(2).thumb.png.88c92df6836ef3cdde1c3c2f949845d6.png

Oh I know, but then you have the Met Office, who I really want to believe banding about fully sunny days. Either forecast right or wrong the actual conditions are mega frustrating.......

Posted
Just now, Alderc said:

Oh I know, but then you have the Met Office, who I really want to believe banding about fully sunny days. Either forecast right or wrong the actual conditions are mega frustrating.......

Unfortunately its the UK, anythings possible, I tend to look at the surface pressure charts as it gives a better indication of whats going on, 

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

It's looking increasingly likely here that this spell of weather won't bring the warmest day of the year. Incredible really!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's looking increasingly likely here that this spell of weather won't bring the warmest day of the year. Incredible really!

I know I was just thinking, the current BBC forecast issued a few mins ago is still showing completely clear skies across all of E+W. Could be a shot at 31-32C tomorrow I guess....Today looking to turn out worse than yesterday, at least the sun was out until 1.30ish. Gone by 11 today, looks unlikely to make any useful return before 3-4pm......In fact the cloud if filling in across the entire south east, some BBC / MEto forecasts for today could be spectacularly wrong....

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Thank god we have cloud cover rolling in!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
31 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Looks like a fair amount of cloud around the London/M4 corridor spreading northwards. 27c here, but likely to be suppressed soon with all that cloud spoiling things.

Yep quite a bit of cloud here today in London. Some sunshine poking through at times. It’s very humid though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Thank god we have cloud cover rolling in!

better up here, perfect summer temps, potentially 10 degrees lower than parts of S/SE, few days of 25 degrees is best

• Like 1

Posted

Completely overcast all morning and was drizzling earlier. Where has this come from, it just seems to have appeared at random looking at the satellite. Yesterday we kept the sun till about 3-4pm which is good going for a plume here, it reached 28-29C but no higher even though there was no barrier between here and the 35s in the east.

Back to today, if this muck doesn't clear soon we'll be lucky to hit 25 let alone 35.

Posted

Can’t see us hitting the mid 30s today in the London area unless this cloud clears. Parts of the south coast look best placed. 

Posted

Not sure why peeps are surprised by the cloudyness ..... for days, the FAX charts have showed decaying fronts over parts of England the for the weekend - with slp dropping was it ever likely to be cloudless as would be required to set records ???

Edited by bluearmy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Summer of 95 said:

Completely overcast all morning and was drizzling earlier. Where has this come from, it just seems to have appeared at random looking at the satellite. Yesterday we kept the sun till about 3-4pm which is good going for a plume here, it reached 28-29C but no higher even though there was no barrier between here and the 35s in the east.

Back to today, if this muck doesn't clear soon we'll be lucky to hit 25 let alone 35.

Always meant to be cloudyish but feeling summery, never was meant to be 35 degrees in the NW Midlands, can see trough on chart

fax0s.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

'Only' 27°C in London but some cloud breaks moving up from the south should push the temp up. 

33°C Herstmonceux 

Posted
Just now, bluearmy said:

Not sure why peeps are surprised by the cloudyness ..... for days, the FAX charts have showed decaying fronts over the se for this weekend - was it ever likely to be cloudless as would be required to set records .....

That's not the problem BA. The UKV was showing it (others dismissed it) it's the forecasts themselves. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

'Only' 27°C in London but some cloud breaks moving up from the south should push the temp up. 

33°C Herstmonceux 

Yes I’m expecting it to hit 30c+ once the cloud clears, but probably not the 35c the BBC were forecasting or the 36/37c the Met were forecasting. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

33°C Herstmonceux 

Two more mainly sunny hours and it may not be far off 37C?

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Not sure why peeps are surprised by the cloudyness ..... for days, the FAX charts have showed decaying fronts over parts of England the for the weekend - with slp dropping was it ever likely to be cloudless as would be required to set records ???

I have to admit the forecasts for today with regards to cloud cover were a little baffling. I mean the models were showing considerable cloud for a while now.

Impressive really that places are pushing 30+ with so much cloud. Again very similar to what you'd expect in more tropical clims.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
Just now, danm said:

Yes I’m expecting it to hit 30c+ once the cloud clears, but probably not the 35c the BBC were forecasting or the 36/37c the Met were forecasting. 

Their latest tweet has toned it down to 35°C for the capital. Down to now casting I suppose. I just hope we don't get any showers!

sat35.thumb.png.c2789ad5fec3d08fdd8016b1020cd951.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

Their latest tweet has toned it down to 35°C for the capital. Down to now casting I suppose. I just hope we don't get any showers!

sat35.thumb.png.c2789ad5fec3d08fdd8016b1020cd951.png

Video forecast last night had Norwich at 32 I think. May have been even higher