Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

26.3 here along the south coast been a few breaks in the last 45 minutes, very muggy indeed, it’s not going to be easy to break this cloud up today the clouds are at a relatively high level 

Edited by clark3r

Posted

Was a horrible night, had the windows open got half a dozen bites. Surprised we didn't break the night record . 

Edited by qwertyK

Despite continuous sunshine, the temps only risen just over 1C in the last hour to 24.2C. Probably much later maxes in the south today. Southampton at 26C already and could do very well today. 

Edit, just Langdon bay has jumped to 31C, that can't be right? Although I guess its tapping into the heat on the near continent and not affected by the undercut like everywhere else. I suspect this continental air will spread along the south coast through the day, look for the winds in place like Hersty and Shoreham to start backing easterly in the next hour.

Edited by Guest

I think Glasgow has had 3 - 4 days since the last week in June where there's not been rain in some form or another, the wind has been quite persistent as well. Where we have had some heat, it's been in the form of dull mugginess and July was a month that was totally out of that frustrating, hellish summer of 2007.

Edited by Alan_87

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'd not worry too much about a slower start today, as i alluded to a few days both Sat and Sun south of the Midlands have more or less the same uppers but higher pressures (in theory a more stable atmosphere, less moisture and higher lapse rates) so all things being equal i would punt for about the same. With that being said i am not entirely sure whether the uppers are exactly alike and i do think yesterday overperformed a little (33-35C away from suspect Heathrow being more likely). Wind shift from the east should be borne in mind though tipping the heat west. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
16 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Despite continuous sunshine, the temps only risen just over 1C in the last hour to 24.2C. Probably much later maxes in the south today. Southampton at 26C already and could do very well today. 

Edit, just Langdon bay has jumped to 31C, that can't be right? Although I guess its tapping into the heat on the near continent and not affected by the undercut like everywhere else. I suspect this continental air will spread along the south coast through the day, look for the winds in place like Hersty and Shoreham to start backing easterly in the next hour

25.8°C here.

A smidge higher than this time yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Cloud building in the channel. Hope it doesn't spoil the day here! 

I'd much rather have 26 and full sun than 32 and cloud. ?️

4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

25.8°C here.

A smidge higher than this time yesterday.

I just got a better reading on my handheld Kestrel of 26.1C with a 19.9C DP - My AWS stopped working a few weeks back not had time to replace yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Patchy cloud here in London has suppressed temperatures a little so far. 26c currently at Heathrow and London City Airport.

Posted

A much nicer 20.1C with a refreshing northerly breeze today. Still sunny just much more pleasant.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Already 30.5’C at Langdon Bay. 30’C exceeded in the U.K. far earlier than yesterday.

Yeah that's thanks to being so close to France. That air is being drive just a hair north of West so as others have said we should see a temperature response across Kent and probably Sussex in the 2-3hrs as we head into peak heating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully leaving London very soon, my sympathies to you folk who live down here, it has been unbearable at times, no idea how you cope with this crap sorry. Your tougher than i will ever be! 3am this morning i left the hotel room and spent rest of the night in the car, air con on and off! And you've got days of this awful weather to come! 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Thankfully leaving London very soon, my sympathies to you folk who live down here, it has been unbearable at times, no idea how you cope with this crap sorry. Your tougher than i will ever be! 3am this morning i let the hotel room and spent rest of the night in the car, air con on and off!

Lol we don’t live with this most of the time.

Its usually the crappy cool dull cloudy variety of 19-21c, like most of July 2020.

I will take this heat over any of that rubbish during most of June and July.

Annoyingly its clouding over again, satellite imagery shows the medium/high level cloud thickening and spreading out, temps going to be suppressed here for a bit to come.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Its usually the crappy cool dull cloudy variety of 19-21c, like most of July 2020.

I was bloody dreaming i think of crappy cool dull cloudy weather at 3am this morning!

Posted
28 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah that's thanks to being so close to France. That air is being drive just a hair north of West so as others have said we should see a temperature response across Kent and probably Sussex in the 2-3hrs as we head into peak heating.

Herstmonceux seems to be the next on the list as Langdon bay eases back a tad ....

Posted

Hertsmoceaux (if that's how you spell it!) is my main watch-spot today, and it's just got to 31C already.

Here in Pompey, much more sunshine that I was expecting and I've just reached 28C - with winds in the north, it'll keep going up if the sun stays out, I'd think.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

I was bloody dreaming i think of crappy cool dull cloudy weather at 3am this morning!

Well, there is good news. We will definitely be getting a widespread thunderstorm out of this. I think London and the south might get one tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Looks like a fair amount of cloud around the London/M4 corridor spreading northwards. 27c here, but likely to be suppressed soon with all that cloud spoiling things.

Edited by mb018538

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
14 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Most summer days are not 19-21c. Maybe half of June is like that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A lot of cloud moving in here, which goes against the Met Office forecast. However, the UKV showed this yesterday, so I don't know why they are at odds with each other.

Posted
2 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Any one know of last nights minimum and did we beat the 23.9 record? Many apps were still showing 26C for London at 4am. 

Langdon Bay was closest but it briefly dropped to 23.5’C there.