Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
2 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Lots of cloud approaching in from the SW now. I think the models overestimated top temperatures and underestimated cloud cover?

Not really. Was already nearly 36c in London, and cloud was always forecast to move in through the afternoon?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
2 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Lots of cloud approaching in from the SW now. I think the models overestimated top temperatures and underestimated cloud cover?

What's the temperature in Leicester? To be fair, we've already hit 35.8c in London, and are likely to go higher before the cloud arrives so for this part of the world it's been bang on. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, danm said:

What's the temperature in Leicester? To be fair, we've already hit 35.8c in London, and are likely to go higher before the cloud arrives so for this part of the world it's been bang on. 

Undercooked here, by a good 2C...I hardly expected 34 today...

Posted
2 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

So we haven't seen this rapid build up of heat like last Friday then ? 

We have? Most of the SE is between 33-36c now, with a bit more heating left. It’s almost as hot.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, mb018538 said:

We have? Most of the SE is between 33-36c now, with a bit more heating left. It’s almost as hot.

But that was forecasted . Everyone was caught by surprise last week. Didn't the temperature rise by a degree or two in about a minute at Heathrow ?

Posted
8 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Not really. Was already nearly 36c in London, and cloud was always forecast to move in through the afternoon?

For Western and Central areas I should have added. I didn’t release it’d be this cloudy, was under the impression it’d only be partly cloudy. Full cloud cover here.

Posted
1 minute ago, mb018538 said:

Yeah it's in the ballpark.

Heathrow highest 1hr temperature was 36.9c with a 37.8 reported as the max. Apply that to today and you'd be looking at a max in the 37c range for Heathrow.

Broadly 33-35c in most parts of the SE now, with multiple 35c being reported.

Posted
10 minutes ago, danm said:

Can only go off the controversial BBC forecast but it says 28 degrees. Each hour it keeps changing with the sun symbol changing to cloudy/partly cloudy. 

Posted
Just now, SqueakheartLW said:

Just another 0.6C to push 36.8C out of the top 5 then. Never expected to get into possible 37C + range twice in the same year

How likely is it? What's cloud coverage like 

Posted
Just now, qwertyK said:

How likely is it? What's cloud coverage like 

Probably got 30-45 mins before it clouds over at LHR. We will lose a potential hour I reckon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

There are lot's of disappointed posts in here but it's roasting in London, feels much hotter than last week without that easterly wind. 

Posted
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

There are lot's of disappointed posts in here but it's roasting in London, feels much hotter than last week without that easterly wind. 

I think everyone got carried away on the premise the models would hugely underestimate the tempreatures. I'm glad we've avoided another tempreature record, especially if were to be as crazy as 40C. 

Posted
Just now, qwertyK said:

I think everyone got carried away on the premise the models would hugely underestimate the tempreatures. I'm glad we've avoided another tempreature record, especially if were to be as crazy as 40C. 

To be fair the high resolution models nailed last week when the GFS etc were way too low. Looks like they have done a pretty sterling job again with something in the region of 36.5-37.5c looking the most likely outcome.

Still going to be up there as one of the hottest days ever, even if 36.3 were to be the absolute max (my guess is we will squeeze another 0.5-1c out of that yet).

Posted

Up to 35c here In Cambridge now, still clear though with 45-60mins before the cloud lump rolls in. Scorching day.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Don said:

Could still break the record during the next few days I would have thought?

I'm not sure I mean I guess the exisitng heat is there but it's already a degree or two lower than today being forecasted fo much of London and the SE tommorow. Interestingly MO on Twitter suggesting 37C for tommorow when (so far) that hasn't even been reached today.