Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Meto showing Greater London at 27c at 1am saturday.....the thing of nightmares especially as i might be in that hell.

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Struggling to see how we're going to reach high 20s/30 today with this thick cloud.

It's clearing from the south but we've already lost a lot of potential heating this morning. ☁️

Posted
31 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Struggling to see how we're going to reach high 20s/30 today with this thick cloud.

It's clearing from the south but we've already lost a lot of potential heating this morning. ☁️

Any high 20s is probably going to be localised, a more widespread 23-25c seems probable at the moment. Area of cloud and precip does seem to have held on a little more stubbornly through parts of CS England for example than expected.

Good sunshine levels though near the south coast, somewhere in S.Kent for example could well get a 28c today. Possibly somewhere in E.Anglia as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Noticeably humid out there. The thick cloud and drizzle has lifted here to leave mostly sunny skies.

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Meto showing Greater London at 27c at 1am saturday.....the thing of nightmares especially as i might be in that hell.

Yes it will be uncomfortable, but I’m not going to moan. We seem to forget about all the horrible days of cloudy and cool weather that has dominated the majority of this summer, just as soon as we get a very hot spell of 3-5 days of heat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A level 3 heatwave alert is in place for; East of England, London, South East England and the South West

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 08:47 on Thu 6 Aug 2020

There is a 90 % probability of Heat-Health criteria being met between 1200 on Thursday and 2100 on Tuesday in parts of England.

This alert updates that issued at 10:53 Tuesday 04 August. The alert has been extended in time for all previously affected regions of England, now extending to Tuesday. The alert level has increased for Southwest England, as confidence in hot weather and warm nights affecting at least the far east of the region has now increased. The alert level in all other regions remains unchanged. Hot or very hot conditions are likely across southern, central, and eastern parts of England from Friday as warm air spreads north from France. These conditions are likely to persist into the weekend, perhaps being eroded from the northwest by less hot and cloudier conditions for a time, with the slight releiving conditions currently probably reaching a southern limit over central parts of England. Hot or very hot conditions may then extend further northwest again early next week, but with an increasing risk of some heavy and thundery showers developing that will add significant uncertainty and limit the range to which this alert can be issued. Given this uncertainty, there is potential for this alert to be extended in time again near expiry, with this more likely for regions further south and east in England. This forecast is under daily review, but with an update most likely to start the new working week.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/?tab=heatHealth&season=normal#?tab=heatHealth

A level 2 heatwave alert is in place for East Midlands only

No heatwave alert is in place for; West Midlands, North West England, North East England and Yorkshire and the Humber

Posted

Cloud seems to be finally lifting up somewhat now after I posted my last post about the cloud cover!

Anyway currently got a 25c at Headcorn in Kent, though other places along Kent and Sussex are now starting to head up as the cloud cover shifts northwards and start to break up.

Should be good for a 28-29c today and we will have a little longer warming than usual due to the increasingly hot air coming up.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Does anybody know what the sustained 90F day numbers were in 90, 03, 06, 13 and 18 were. I'm not convinced the person in the model thread is correct but it's possible.

Posted
18 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Does anybody know what the sustained 90F day numbers were in 90, 03, 06, 13 and 18 were. I'm not convinced the person in the model thread is correct but it's possible.

This is July 2006 hottest spell, maxes from Heathrow:

16th: 30.5c

17th: 32.7c

18th: 33.2c

19th: 35.5c

20th: 31.7c

21st: 31.7c

I suspect this week will look fairly similar to this with a couple of days having the highest temperatures a touch further south instead on a couple of days.

As for August 2003 it had 4 days above 32c in a row somewhere in the country, though the whole period was broadly split into 2 halves with a day in the middle (7th) which saw maxes only reaching about 30c! I think overall it was 7 days above 32c out of 8...

I'm not yet sure this will beat that August spell (as that was really exceptional) however I wouldn't be shocked if we look back and we see that as our closest analogue. 

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
28 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

I am correct, for London at least. Consecutive 32.2c/90F days (total 32.2c/90F days for the summer).

1976: 6 (10)

1990: 4 (5)

2003: 3 (6)

2006: 3 (6)

2013: 1 (2)

2018: 1 (3)

2019: 3 (7)

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
32 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Dewpoint is 20°C here - feels tropical

20 temp, 20 DP. That sounds gross. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
10 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

20 temp, 20 DP. That sounds gross. 

It's pretty muggy!  Thankfully not too hot as there's a lot of cloud.

Posted

Not sure how people can enjoy hot, muggy and sticky weather, but each to their own. Thankfully I'm glad I'm up north. I'm all for a very usable low to mid-20s, but you can keep your 28/30C+ down south!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

peeing down in Brum. What a load of absolute rubbish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Cooler than forecast here not complaining though but it would be nice to have had some sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

25°C and sunny IMBY!

Posted

Started off with rain (not forecasted here). Humid and cloudy all day until now as sun is breaking out.

Interesting to see google weather (weather.com) is now suggesting cloud tommorow for places like London and Essex. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Seriously looking like the next several nights will be horrendous, high humidity and high temps, utterly vile. Especially further south you are.

Posted
2 hours ago, B87 said:

I am correct, for London at least. Consecutive 32.2c/90F days (total 32.2c/90F days for the summer).

1976: 6 (10)

1990: 4 (5)

2003: 3 (6)

2006: 3 (6)

2013: 1 (2)

2018: 1 (3)

2019: 3 (7)

For London its possible then albeit the easterly flow may screw you. I'm surprised that 13 and 18 never got higher.

I had thought you were speaking nationally where i'd be surprised (albeit the models have gone longer today). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Blergh. 27c with 60% humidity has felt a bit draining today.