Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Thought I'd have a gander at how the Met Office see temperatures maxing out at Heathrow in the coming days. Does anyone know what on Earth is going on with the mismatch in maximum temperatures? I notice this a lot with their forecasts but I've never seen mismatches as great as this.

Screenshot_20200805-010557_Met Office.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-010547_Met Office.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-010539_Met Office.jpg

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 2

Typically frustrating satellite imagery this morning, U.K. smothered in cloud with it stopping just of the south coast then not another significant cloud directly south of us until you run into the tropical waves passing through sub Saharan Africa.....

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
7 hours ago, Relativistic said:

Thought I'd have a gander at how the Met Office see temperatures maxing out at Heathrow in the coming days. Does anyone know what on Earth is going on with the mismatch in maximum temperatures? I notice this a lot with their forecasts but I've never seen mismatches as great as this.

I think the actual days are mixed up (i.e. the bit with the text describing the weather is under the wrong day).

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Only 30c for Stoke on Friday.

As Bruce said "Come on down"

I’m currently on holiday in Norfolk and going to be driving to Watford on Friday, in a car with no air con...

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I’m currently on holiday in Norfolk and going to be driving to Watford on Friday, in a car with no air con...

Norfolk very nice.

As for Watford...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Forecast has upped the heat and humidity. Fans at the ready 

Could be looking at 6 days of 30°C+ IMBY. Heatwave warnings imminent? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
11 hours ago, Relativistic said:

I think it means 38C is the absolute maximum it could reach but 36C more likely? (I could be totally wrong)

Just now for example on the APP it shows 38C but when you look at the breakdown it states 36C.

B0DF8430-2B8A-4CA0-BB54-AAEEEF4254CF.thumb.png.7b70872384a4b66aad2c2e9cf0a4c01d.png

Latest twitter post 36C.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Why is everyone so interested in the temperature in London on Friday all of a sudden even though they dont live here?Bonkers.

Don't all turn up on Friday to see/feel/smell/take pictures of the heat, going to be hot enough here! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

36c is an hourly temperature, 38c the maximum possible.

Posted

Worth remembering that 36.8c takes us Friday into the all time top 5 highest temperatures.

If reached, 3 out of 5 of the highest ever temperatures recorded in this country would have happened within the last 13 calander months...  

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

As a weather enthusiast it is interesting to follow - UK all time record is not far off with the current predicted temperatures!

I love all the extremes from North to South in the UK and Ireland - any season of the year.
Why does Netweather have threads on European storms and tornadoes in the USA? Because it is exciting stuff to monitor and view. 

It is a weather forum after all mate.

I am sure @DAVID SNOW sits down in Essex during Winter in 12C and drizzle...looking at all the snowy webcams in the Scottish Highlands. 

I feel loved this week.

Nice day down here, 25c sunny intervals.

PS what's winter?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I’ll put Monday on some thunderstorms becoming more widespread from the current warm spell.

Would be great to get some thundery activity. About time! Those temperatures could mean some severe weather, with any luck.

• Like 5

Posted

Another god awful day. Garden is like a swamp and essentially means Summer is over for getting out the tables and chairs onto it.

Miserable. 

20200805_165750.jpg

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I’ll put Monday on some thunderstorms becoming more widespread from the current warm spell.

I really hope that happens. Brum frequently misses out on the thunderstorms whereas most other places are getting them, though we have had a few rumbles here and there in June. I would love a proper thunderstorm for a change.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Would be great to get some thundery activity. About time! Those temperatures could mean some severe weather, with any luck.

Here's hoping. Fingers crossed for all of us weather enthusiasts. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Would be nice to see something happen here next week since it’s been over a year since the last thunderstorm here. That was pronounced the last time there was any interesting weather too.

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Personally, as per my username, Winter is my thing. Love fine weather but the heat progged for the next few days is my idea of awful weather. Frustrating how seemingly simple it is to get hot humid weather here but how utterly knife edge it is to get cold if any real description. Anyway, enjoy the heat if you can

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Another god awful day. Garden is like a swamp and essentially means Summer is over for getting out the tables and chairs onto it.

Miserable. 

20200805_165750.jpg

Crazy how different things are over in the SE of England. Beautiful day and fairly warm with sunshine.

We've had very little rain for a while and the grass is going very dry and yellow again. This next 5-7 days of heat coming up is going to make that even more noticeable 

Posted
4 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

Personally, as per my username, Winter is my thing. Love fine weather but the heat progged for the next few days is my idea of awful weather. Frustrating how seemingly simple it is to get hot humid weather here but how utterly knife edge it is to get cold if any real description. Anyway, enjoy the heat if you can

You could be describing me there when it comes to weather preferences!  Fine summer weather is great, but I'm dreading the heat of the coming days (mostly uncomfortable nights).  I'm also concerned about the frequency of near or record breaking temperatures we keep achieving with relative ease, although it's inevitable with climate change and something we've been told to expect for some time.

• Thanks 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Crazy how different things are over in the SE of England. Beautiful day and fairly warm with sunshine.

We've had very little rain for a while and the grass is going very dry and yellow again. This next 5-7 days of heat coming up is going to make that even more noticeable 

Aye. Only 350 miles between us but might as well be 3000.

My garden rarely floods like that in the Winter never mind Summer.

The ground is 100% saturated.