Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

Apart from late spring this summer has been pants here in west yorks. So even if we get some good weather rest of August with temps low to mid 20s then that could rescue summer for me.

I'm fairly optimistic that this coming month will serve up our best summer weather here up nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

If I woke from a coma and looked out the window and had a guess at what month it was, I would guess it was January.

Aye, very January synoptic setup, be looking at 13 degrees for some areas in a 'winter' month, maybe higher if February

ECM1-24.GIF?04-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cool and wet here since Sunday, a fair bit of rain has fallen and it’s a chilly 14°C currently. Should improve drastically later this week. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

BBC automated forecasts have downgraded the heat for my location and is now showing increased cloud and/or rain. 

Perhaps the heat won’t be as widespread as we originally thought it would be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
2 hours ago, Tamara said:

Does it matter that much if it is "only" ,say, 22C to 25C instead of 33C to 35C every day?

We already get 3 months worth of that, mid 30s definitely more exciting! And multiple days of mid 30s haven't happened since 2003 (and before that 1976)!

MO still have 37c for Friday: 

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Heathrow 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The good news assuming no upgrades is that both the Euro and the GFS bin the heat by Wednesday so we only have 6 days to deal with (Fri-Weds), all they are really arguing about is the degree within that time period. The general trend is also for vorcity to increase so more chance of storms from Monday especially.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Last comfortable day today i fear before the rise in temps later this week...and i'm due in London then,what joy

Edited by markyo

Posted
5 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

If I woke from a coma and looked out the window and had a guess at what month it was, I would guess it was January.

Very nice here in London, 23C, blue skies earlier on I’ve still not had a drop of rain this month.

166BB843-289E-4086-BE2D-1A4104100AC9.thumb.jpeg.48360ec740609f696ac699841d5cefe6.jpeg

Posted
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Last comfortable day today i fear before the rise in temps later this week...and i'm due in London then,what joy

sorry to hear that hopefully it won't be too hot when you are down there 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
25 minutes ago, mathematician said:

sorry to hear that hopefully it won't be too hot when you are down there 

From what is forecast if its under 40c in the decom rooms i'm working in it will be a miracle! Masks,40c plus and 100% humidity trust me is not nice..even after a few minutes!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

From what is forecast if its under 40c in the decom rooms i'm working in it will be a miracle! Masks,40c plus and 100% humidity trust me is not nice..even after a few minutes!! 

Perhaps bank on the fact that unpleasant heat isn't a dead cert as the outlook and distribution of heat/warmth keeps changing. You never know, it may stay in the low twenties in your area.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, marky810 said:

Looks like today has maxed out at 14.6c and its so dull outdoors that I need the lights on indoors.

Had a light on earlier. Another miserable cloudy day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Still looks like a very warm/hot few days to come IMBY. 26 - 30 - 34 - 30 - 26. ☀️

Thankfully the very hot temps seem unlikely now, besides perhaps Friday. So pleasant sleeping conditions to come I hope!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
12 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Still looks like a very warm/hot few days to come IMBY. 26 - 30 - 34 - 30 - 26. ☀️

Thankfully the very hot temps seem unlikely now, besides perhaps Friday. So pleasant sleeping conditions to come I hope!

No chance of a hot August now though. Rest of the forecast looks very average with temps in the mid 20s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Peaked at 24c here in London today. Went a bit cloudy early afternoon but a beautiful sunny evening here now with not a cloud in the sky. 

Posted

Put this in here as don't want to clog up the Model thread.

When the BBC ditched the Met Office, we thought that their forecasting would deteriorate, and there was some evidence of it.

But now that the Met Office doesn't have its primary method of presenting forecasts (the BBC), have they also become worse?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

When the BBC ditched the Met Office, we thought that their forecasting would deteriorate, and there was some evidence of it.

But now that the Met Office doesn't have its primary method of presenting forecasts (the BBC), have they also become worse?

Clog up the model thread, now that made me laugh, its  open season for clogging.

What's the latest on temps for Heathrow on sea lol.

A lot of members don't live in the South East.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
4 hours ago, marky810 said:

I stand corrected, now gone up to 15.5c plus the wind has increased.

Yes  gone from a summers day yesterday back to autumn,managed a little better here at 17 deg but showery,windy with strong gusts at times,shocking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
2 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by the BBC’s accuracy since they switched. Nothing wrong with the Met’s presenting, they have plenty of content on their YouTube channel. However there have been times when their temperature forecasts have been out quite substantially so they are fallible.