Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
1 minute ago, danm said:

Netweather live temperatures saying this:

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 13.23.36.png

Yes, the rounded figures on that link are usually incorrect. At 1pm Northolt registered 34.3C.

Posted
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Oh yeah quite possibly. What I meant was these heat spikes come in otherwise poor weather setups when there is a kink in the Atlantic train, but people get worried when actually it’s down to the synoptics at the time.

Yes it is down to the synoptics but why wasn't it this easy to get into the mid 30s in the past?

We have always had plumes but they have certainly been a lot more extreme in recent years. Since 2015 these extreme plumes have become virtually an annual thing.

The extreme heat seems to build much more easily to the south these days .

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Oh yeah quite possibly. What I meant was these heat spikes come in otherwise poor weather setups when there is a kink in the Atlantic train, but people get worried when actually it’s down to the synoptics at the time.

I think that could be a fair comment - I don’t know enough to be able to counter either way. My initial comment was related to the impact and added argument this might have on those already concerned by these issues, rather than my personal view. Either way it’s bl00dy hot out there lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

Yes, the rounded figures on that link are usually incorrect. At 1pm Northolt registered 34.3C.

Northolt was at 34.8°C at midday.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Yes it is down to the synoptics but why wasn't it this easy to get into the mid 30s in the past?

We have always had plumes but they have certainly been a lot more extreme in recent years. Since 2015 these extreme plumes have become virtually an annual thing.

The air quality is getting better for each year in europe therefore we receive more direct sunlight on earth which impact the t-max temperature especially during heatwaves like this one. Overall the earth is getting colder from now on each year passing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
Just now, Faronstream said:

The air quality is getting better for each year in europe therefore we receive more direct sunlight on earth which impact the t-max temperature especially during heatwaves like this one. Overall the earth is getting colder from now on each year passing.

How do you know that is going to happen?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
1 minute ago, Faronstream said:

I seriously hope you're joking...

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

That's exactly my thoughts.  It's like we get exceptional heat with the click of the finger these days, whereas in years past, it took time to build.  Very likely a result of climate change and not good IMO.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, heat aka summer + snow

On holiday in Falmouth, Cornwall at the moment and it’s a drizzle fest, thick cloud and 19C. What a world of difference from the soaring heat in the south east. That’s the Atlantic for you but I’d much rather be here than at home!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Northolt was at 34.8°C at midday.

Interesting, I've checked a few sources and there seems to be some differing figures. Highest I've seen for 1pm is 34.8C - still miles behind Heathrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Heathrow at 36c as of 1.20pm.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Faronstream said:

Overall the earth is getting colder from now on each year passing.

Huh? What’s the rationale/evidence behind this? 

• Like 7

Posted

Smashed past 32c here now, there's actually a nice breeze as well so it's lovely in the shade

Posted
9 minutes ago, T L said:

On holiday in Falmouth, Cornwall at the moment and it’s a drizzle fest, thick cloud and 19C. What a world of difference from the soaring heat in the south east. That’s the Atlantic for you but I’d much rather be here than at home!

Very similar to 10th August 2003 when I was in Cornwall! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, danm said:

Amazing really, Im guessing we are now in top 10 territory, maybe even close to top 3 by the end of the day.

Really telling that this is the 3rd summer on a trot with an absolute max above 35. Another clear sign of a warming climate. It feels like we've seen another stair step up in terms of how easily we can tap into this 34-36c type air, almost as easy as it used to be to get 32-34.

A 40c can't be super far away, we already know we can theoretically reach around 42-43c (the atmosphere was warm enough in June 2019 heatwave, just wrong surface flow scuppered it.)

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, danm said:

What's that coming over the hill, is that a 100F?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Won’t be the warmest day of the year here despite it being 28°C at 11am as the breeze picked up soon after which made it drop fairly quickly. Also more cloud appearing now. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

30.8°C seems to be the max here. Falling now, I can see high cloud making its way over me.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Faronstream said:

Surely you don't actually believe this? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

I remember the prolonged heat of 76 was mad, with big bubbles in the tarmac and a water shortage and fires on the common due bits of glass magnifying.Today we are seeing short extremes of weather all year round, and don't get me started on global warming all that melting permo frost and all that methane being releaced, this tiny planet of our's is not in a good state, if mankind is not careful it will end up like mars. By the way it's just hit 33.6c here. appologise for being a misserable old git but the heats got to me!!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Faronstream said:

How do you know that is going to happen?

• Like 1

Posted

High cloud starting to appear here. Breeze picking up too. Hopefully I will get a good storm today.

• Like 1