Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

3 hours ago, markyo said:

Chucking the teddy out of the pram.

3 hours ago, General Cluster said:

We'll need to practice that particular manoeuvre before we head on into winter, Mark... What with all the talk of 'low solar minima' doing the rounds, we could well be in for a toy-throwing spectacular...?!:gathering:

What are you on about?

Posted

Finally a somewhat decent day here t-max at 24,9° so almost an high-summer day, but looks colder again from tomorrow so short lived as usual this summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
26 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I replied to this post before but it got removed for some reason. But my point still stands that the fact that you're worrying over one day of 25-30C in high summer is laughable really. We should realistically expect at least one such day in late July/early August even in the north. If you are that worried about wearing a mask in such high temperatures, then I suggest you do your shopping on another day, online or in the morning or the evening.

And I bet older folk would struggle a lot more on icy/snowy pavements and bitterly cold conditions in winter than hot weather for a day or two. The former is a lot more dangerous for the elderly.

You still don't understand my post do you? Please just read it again, it had nothing to do with MY shopping for goodness sake! And yes older folk do struggle on ice and snow, i fully get that, why are you comparing my post to that, very strange, whats your point?

Edited by markyo

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

You still don't understand my post do you? Please just read it again, it had nothing to do with MY shopping for goodness sake! And yes older folk do struggle on ice and snow, i fully get that, why are you comparing my post to that, very strange, whats your point?

You mean this one? 

4 hours ago, markyo said:

Chucking the teddy out of the pram.

Anyway, my point is that we've had virtually ZERO warmth up north and you are fretting about one hot day because you don't like it and it will make it harder for you/others because of having to wear a mask in the heat. Which is silly really because anyone who doesn't like it can just avoid shopping on that day if they want to (or early in the morning or late in the evening when it's cooler).

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted

Cloudy with sunny intervals and occasional showers. Temp 18. Pretty standard summer day really.

Posted
22 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

You mean this one? 

Anyway, my point is that we've had virtually ZERO warmth up north and you are fretting about one hot day because you don't like it and it will make it harder for you/others because of having to wear a mask in the heat. Which is silly really because anyone who doesn't like it can just avoid shopping on that day if they want to (or early in the morning or late in the evening when it's cooler).

Its pointless carrying on  this discussion, the meaning of my post was clear. There was a reason your first post was removed. I had my response removed as well. Better leave it at that. Its only weather after all

Edited by markyo

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Its pointless carrying on  this discussion, the meaning of my post was clear. Better leave it at that.

Okay, but worrying about one moderately hot day in late July is a bit silly really.

Posted
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Its pointless carrying on  this discussion, the meaning of my post was clear. There was a reason your first post was removed. I had my response removed as well. Better leave it at that. Its only weather after all

Hi sorry, I did not get to see your full response before your post was removed, only the bit about "throwing toys out of a pram" that someone else quote. 

Yes, you're right, it is only weather, I guess we should just accept our differences, I like it warm, you like it chilly/cold. I keep thinking about summer 2018. I wish every summer was like that.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Hi sorry, I did not get to see your full response before your post was removed, only the bit about "thowing toys out of a pram" that someone else quote. 

No worries, sorry for any argument, hope you enjoy the warm spell coming up.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Good. Now let's see if we can go from now to Friday without whingeing about a 'yet to happen' hot day in high summer lol.

I think it's quite funny that I will have gone the whole of July without surpassing 25C, then on the final today be pushing 30C! If it lasts into the Satuday, it will craftily ensure that we do get 30C in all three summer months even if there was a lot of rubbish in between.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Good. Now let's see if we can go from now to Friday without whingeing about a 'yet to happen' hot day in high summer lol.

I think it's quite funny that I will have gone the whole of July without surpassing 25C, then on the final today be pushing 30C! If it lasts into the Satuday, it will craftily ensure that we do get 30C in all three summer months even if there was a lot of rubbish in between.

Not even reached 20C all month here, and I don't live that far away from Markyo. That's why I had a bit of a bee in my bonnet about him moaning about one possible 25C+ day, when we've had such a cool month, but anyway at the end of the day, we all have different preferences and don't want to get into an argument or get into trouble with the cat person who sometimes tells people off so I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Not even reached 20C all month here, and I don't live that far away from Markyo. That's why I had a bit of a bee in my bonnet about him moaning about one possible 25C+ day, when we've had such a cool month, but anyway at the end of the day, we all have different preferences and don't want to get into an argument or get into trouble with the cat person who sometimes tells people off so I'll leave it at that.

Indeed. I'd love for you to spend a month down here and see how you rate it as a summer month. I personally think it's been largely disappointing with some short respectable periods like earlier in the week. No doubt, many people from the NW would think it'd have been a very decent summer month compared to up there.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Indeed. I'd love for you to spend a month down here and see how you rate it as a summer month. I personally think it's been largely disappointing with some short respectable periods like earlier in the week. No doubt, many people from the NW would think it'd have been a very decent summer month compared to up there.

You're probably right. I don't ask for too much. As long as it's in the low 20's most days with a fair amount of sunshine and not too much rain, I'd be satisfied.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Well, we actually managed 20C  whoopie doo.  Mostly cloudy (naturally) with sunny intervals.  Next load of rain expected overnight.

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I’ve been told off my Cat a few times

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
5 hours ago, MP-R said:

it will craftily ensure that we do get 30C in all three summer months even if there was a lot of rubbish in between.

No it won't, we still have August to come and it would need to reach 30c then as well.

2015 was another summer that had 30c in every month, with a load of rubbish inbetween.

Posted
6 hours ago, B87 said:

No it won't, we still have August to come and it would need to reach 30c then as well.

2015 was another summer that had 30c in every month, with a load of rubbish inbetween.

Read my post again...

• Like 1

Posted

Lashing with rain again in the North West. Miserable.

Looking forward to perhaps one day with sunshine on Friday and 20 degrees.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

It's been dull but not as bad overall as 07/11/12. Comfortably the worst summer since 2012 though.

Posted

Nowhere near as bad as summer 2007, but definitely on a level with 2011 and 12.

We’ve been lacking a proper 2-3 week hot or warm sunny spell, which summers of 2017/18/19 all had at some point between June and August.

This is probably the worst summer since 2015, unless August improves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So for the first time in years the weather on my birthday Is cool and wet. Rather fitting really with how this summers been so far. 

• Like 2

Posted
19 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Well, we actually managed 20C  whoopie doo.  Mostly cloudy (naturally) with sunny intervals.  Next load of rain expected overnight.

Same here yesterday but temps only reached about 17/18°C. Also had a few showers as well. Only about 1 hour of sun and 9 mm of rain. Pretty poor. The wait for the first 20°C day goes on here. Which looks like being Thursday with 22°C forecast (though cloudy). 

Today its overcast, damp and windy and quite humid but not as wet as forecast at least.

Edit: Forget that, absolutely hammering it down now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Nowhere near as bad as summer 2007, but definitely on a level with 2011 and 12.

We’ve been lacking a proper 2-3 week hot or warm sunny spell, which summers of 2017/18/19 all had at some point between June and August.

This is probably the worst summer since 2015, unless August improves.

If its any consolation the summer here has been poor to up to now...just heading into literally our first warm spell of the entire year..could breach 30c some point this week..for one of the sunniest cities in Canada its been an exceptionally cloudy year thus far